Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your Final "straw That Broke The Camels Back"

I was fortunate, I hadn't had any serious health problems. I hated not being able to buy clothes anywhere, but I could live with that. I pretty much didn't give a flip about what other people thought about me in general. The final straw was getting absolutely fed up with being a failure in every career endeavor and knowing that it was 90 percent my weight that caused it. I was fed up with seeing people who weren't as capable or accomplished as I move ahead of me time after time. I have to say it worked, I've had more career success in the two years since I had surgery than I ever had before.

When I couldn't do the thing that I want so desperately to do. I started doing mma and I love it. But I was so big that no one could sweep me, no one could toss me, and no one wanted to be my partner. I don't blame them but it sucked. They weren't getting anything out of work

ing with me. So I dropped and vowed I would come back after I lost more weight. So here I am. Almost there.

As an overweight person there have always been factors that I hated...not being able to fit into a booth at a restaurant, not finding clothes that fit, always feeling tired, not being able to walk from the car to the front door without being out of breath.

But the actual "straw that broke the camel's back" was durring a weekend trip my husband and I went on. We went to one of those cheesy romantic resorts. Unfortunately the room was covered in mirrors, floor to ceiling mirrors. This was when I realized what I actually looked like and it really hit me when we were walking to the evening entertainment how hard it was for me to walk.I felt like everybody was looking at how huge I was (especially at the buffet) My whole weekend was ruined.

Before this I had briefly thought about surgery, but after that weekend I had made the decision and started doing research

When I couldn't do the thing that I want so desperately to do. I started doing mma and I love it. But I was so big that no one could sweep me, no one could toss me, and no one wanted to be my partner. I don't blame them but it sucked. They weren't getting anything out of work

ing with me. So I dropped and vowed I would come back after I lost more weight. So here I am. Almost there.

You go girl! Make your make out there the way you want to see it.

The fact that I can't go to my child's performances at her school. The fact that I have to order food to be delivered because I can barely walk because I am so big. at 450 pounds and all of my life heavy it was either this or die.

Sleeved on 9-2. Looking forward to living a little longer.

-Sitting in the chairs at my partners parents house to find that my thighs over spilled from the sides and trying (and failing) to hide it.

-Refusing my partners proposal because I dont want to look like this when I get married

-Getting off a 16 hour flight to find the backs of my legs/knees and the sides of my thighs bruised black from the seat being too small. Seriously looked as though I had been beaten. Also having to have a scarf over my knees the whole time so nobody could see jus how painfully squished i was.

Hi volsfan82. I've got some good news for you.....after my sleeve surgery within 1 month and walking regularly my knee and back pain lessened then disappeared. I had done so much research on every aspect of the procedure and outcomes plus discussions with my surgeon that I found I wasn't nervous but so ready. It was the best life and health decision I have ever made. Bless you on your journey and your wonderful life ahead with your family.

For me, not being able to use my body as the vessel it should be along with an asthma diagnosis and chronic inflammation with repeated cycles of illness finally helped me to take a drastic leap for a better life. I am only 3 days post-op and its not easy, never will be but as my weight has kept me ill for years I think this is worth the temporary tribulations.

Hello all my breaking point

Ive had a couple people as me to stand in front of them to block them from people they were hiding from..

My bp has gone up 20 to 30 points

Its hard for me to walk and i have pain in my legs and ankles.

I have back problems

Im miserable which causes me to lash out verbally to my loved ones.

I cant get on any of the rides so i dont even attempt to go to the amusement parks. One time in 2009 we went to six flags and i was told i was to big to get on the ride!!! I cried my eyes out!!!! I have low energy most times. I have to talk my self into getting up off the couch!!!! I have to count and kind heaveho my way up off the couch!!! Im insecure with the way i look THIS IS NOT ME AT ALL. im tired of people STARING at my big arms while holding a conversation and im tired of people treating me like i am less than

I avoid public places so i wont embarrass my self by not being able to fit in a chair and the stares i get from people

The Final Straw happened to me when I was at my step-son's baseball game. I saw a thin woman eat a hot dog. She was really casual about it but she had one hot dog and went on with her life. I thought about that for a long time, and how I don't even eat at baseball games because I could never eat just one hot dog. I know I'd eat the hot dog, then spend the next few hours aching for another one. I just became tired of thinking about food in this way. I either feel guilty for eating, deprived for not eating, congratulatory for eating less. I just want to be like that woman who ate one hot dog and never thought twice about it. I know this decision, in the beginning, will be a lot of the same: counting, trying, losing, being frustrated, and eventually losing weight. But besides the weight loss, long term, I really hope to become the kind of person who effortlessly makes wise choices 90% of the time without even thinking about it.

1. seeing the photo attached

2. being told i have degenerative osteo arthritis in my knees

post-255097-0-04425700-1442604800_thumb.jpg