Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious? Any One In Cincinnati?

Katie and bandalyons.. Good luck.. Keep us posted.. Jakat .. Looks like we started softs the same day... I was in a three week stall.. I wasn't eating much during puréed stage.. But I've been on soft since Thursday and the scale is starting to move again, i am so surprised how few restrictions there are.. its so great to eat real food again.. even if it is only 3/4 cup of food.. I was getting really bummed.. But nut thinks body was starving.. Go figure.. :)) but I'm 31 pounds down ( this includes 2 week pre op), and down 14 inches on my one month surg-a-versary ... I've been chatting with Rachel (zebra) and she is doing awesome as well.. Hope everyone is doing well.. Keep us posted on your progress.. Where ever you are.. All the best!!! Stephanie...

I was told maybe a surgery date of December. I hope so because I'll be changing Medicare Advantage Plans so my insurance will be different in January. I have started drinking Protein Shakes in preparation for my pre op and post op diets. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Steph, yes I am doing well. I am down a total of 49, including pre-op. Yes it is great to be on soft foods. My problem now is eating to fast. I have cheated a little with the "no bread" rule, but I do watch it. I am doing the monthly self injections of B12 since a four month supply with syringes is only $12 thru my insurance. I got clearance to begin full workouts within reason, so starting next week I am going back to the gym. Hope everything is going well

Steph, yes I am doing well. I am down a total of 49, including pre-op. Yes it is great to be on soft foods. My problem now is eating to fast. I have cheated a little with the "no bread" rule, but I do watch it. I am doing the monthly self injections of B12 since a four month supply with syringes is only $12 thru my insurance. I got clearance to begin full workouts within reason, so starting next week I am going back to the gym. Hope everything is going well

I'm still pre-op and I'm taking an oral B12 supplement. Is there a reason you are getting the B12 injections?

Well it is the best way to get B12 and I don't have to worry about putting that tablet under my tongue and I won't miss a day or so. Plus with my insurance I only pay $12 for a 4 month supply which I believe is cheaper than the tablets. After the surgery you can't take the regular tablet, you have to have the ones that dissolve under you tongue. Also the other Vitamins you take post surgery are all chewable.< /p>

I have about 8 days until my consult..and I'm excited and nervous all in one! I'm so scared they are going to tell me they can't help me :( But I'm sure they will! lol.. If anyone who went through Dr. Curry can give me some tips and tell me what to expect I'll be forever grateful! :D

Katie, I understand your nervousness. We have all been there. Dr. Curry is a great doctor and his staff is tremendous. When I had my consult it was all in one day. It took about 3 hours. The biggest thing they stress is that this is a lifetime lifestyle change. This surgery is a tool that can be a tremendous benefit, but it's up to you to change a lifetime of bad habits. You are going to have to be dedicated to changing your eating habits and excerise on a regular basis. They are, as we are in here, there to help you in any way we/they can. His nurse and dietians are on call 24/7 if you need them. THis is major surgery and there can be bumps in the road, but a positive attitude will go a long way..Good Luck

Thanks Jkat!! Oh if there is one thing I have learned on this group is that WLS is NOT a miracle cure it's a tool that you have to work it.. that it's no walk in the park. I just can't sit down and do nothing.. dedication is VERY important. I plan on doing that! I'm actually looking forward to exercising. You have no clue how excited I am that I will be able to walk through the woods and do me some good ol' birding someday!! I've been longing for that day! I have been held back by this weight for far too long! I know this is going to be a long, and slow process too (which is hard for someone like me because I'm very impatient and often push myself too much). But I do understand one step at a time.

Katie, it sounds like you are well on your way. I love walks in the woods especially this time of year. I too am impatient, but I have to realize it took a while to get the weight on, its going to take some time to get it off. You are going to have bumps in the road. We all have. I have been very lucky to have had very minor complications. I actually went into surgery at 8:15am and was released at like 3pm. They want you walking around recovery, able to keep ice chips and Water down, go pee and pain to be under control before they release you. You will have a tremendous amount of gas pressure and pain, do to the fact they blow up your abdominal cavity with air so they can work. GasX strips worked wonders!! Good Luck and stay in touch.

Hello guys sorry its been long time but busy with work. Yes I am just waiting to hear when I will be approved.. egd schedule next week and we will see from there. I kinda felt rushed the first visit because I had no idea what to ask and it was like bam bam next person in. So guys what was the food that you liked after your nutrition class...I want to write a list of foods that are good. So what kind of questions should I ask when I finally get my nutrition class? If you guys have any and you WANT ME to ask just IM or put it on here. Right now I am looking for a second job because I know how I need the money not sure how much I will have to pay for this surgery. HAPPY :D :D to see everyone is doing great. I hope to have a successful surgery. Sorry I have not been on here for a while but I will try to come on here at least twice a week. Wish me luck. Love u guys. I don't know you all but I feel like I have friends in you ;) ;)

Hi I'm in Cincinnati! I have my EGD done 11/16/12 and surgery scheduled for 11/23/12.

I start my pre op diet on the 8th....this is going to be the hardest! Dr Curry is performing my procedure!

Mizzdee, pre-op is not all the bad. The food is OK. The NUT will tell you which ones are better than others. The one trick is to remember that all the stuff you have to heat up should only be heated to 130-140 degrees. If you son't have a meat thermometer, buy one. Take 8oz of Water and put it in your microwave for a minute and see what the temp is. It took mine 1 min 5 sec to get to 130-140. You don't want it any hotter than that, because all the Soups, jellos and stuff they give you is HIGH Protein and if you heat it up hotter it will "clump" together and taste awful. You will also use this same sytem after surgery when you are on full liquid (usually 1 week) then puree (usually 3 weeks). Another good thing I found was the Unjury chicken broth and unjury cheese sauce, both are great. You can also get unjury unflavored protein and put in different recipes and drinks to keep your protein up. Listen to what Dr. Curry's staff has to say, they are VERY!!!!!!! good and will help you any way they can. Don't go cold turkey off caffeine or sugars like I did :angry: unless you want the worst possible headache you ever had. Good Luck

So my consult with Dr. Curry went great!! I have to do a 3 and 2 diet for three months to get my BMI down, and we are aiming for March for surgery! So if anyone has done the 3 and 2 diet any tips are appreciated!

Katie, Great to hear everything went well with Dr. Curry. I have never of 3 and 2 diet. Don't be afraid to call his dietians, or any of his staff, with any questions, problems or concerns, they are TREMENDOUS!!!!