Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Dont Judge - Yes Or No Is Fine

Can you - yes.

Should you - only if you want to go through all your successful no smoking days again and again.

It's not judgment. It's really the same as food. If we've dieted for a while, can we eat something we know we shouldn't? Yeah, and that bite or plate in and of itself isn't going to hurt us.

But what are we triggering? Physically, mentally, emotionally?

If you can manage your triggers and thoughts in a way that it won't hurt you, have at it. If you can't, just make sure it's really worth it. You don't want to have regret.

Best of luck whether you puff or not. :)

...ca i have an occassional cigerette...

I hope you decide not to smoke. I am so glad I quit 14 years ago. Not easy that's for sure! Please talk to your doctor and see if he needs to add/change your meds to help with the depression. Hang in there! Remember that you are also going thru hormone changes as you lose weight.

NO, dont do it, I am on day 32. I had to quit for surgery, my doc said that you wont heal as fast and that you can get ulcers on your stomach along the staple line. I dont want that so now I'm on day 32, I also quit drinking to, drinking and smoking go hand in hand. I think I will be ready for a glass of wine this weekend though, I hope. but NO smokes, not ever again!!! So again, my answer is NO! :) :)

I am a therapist and I strongly recommend NO smoking!

After research they say no smoking for a month pre op and post op. After that it does not effect your sleeve. But of course it does your overall health.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using VST

No you can do it you have more strength then you know

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches