Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 8 days post op and not hungry at all. So much so it freaks me out a bit. I get my fluids in, just started full fluids today, but it was a chore to get the shakes down. It didn't hurt or an discomfort. I just didn't have any interest. Anyone else experience this or am I just wierd?

I'm the same way. I'm 6 weeks out today and have no desire for food. Often forget to eat (which is bad). I used to enjoy eating... Like it was a hobby or something... Now I eat because I have to. I get no pleasure out of it. This to me is how humans and other animals were made to be. Eat because we have to to sustain life, not because we just want to which is how I got overweight. Ha ha. Like the poster above me said, it's a good thing and you will get used to it. Just will take some time.

Congratulations. You are experiencing one part of how the sleeve helps us lose weight.

Since you are so early out and have no issues with getting or keeping stuff down try the Isopure Zero Carb fruit stuff. It's a 20 oz bottle, zero carbs, 140 cals, 40 grams of Protein. It's not caffienated so it will count for 20 oz of fluids and at 40g of protein, it's a double whammy of Fluid and protein. There are several flavors that I have tried. The orange, blue raspberry, and apple melon are pretty good. It will give you some different flavors besides just chocolate and vanilla sweet shakes.< /p>

I'm 3.5 weeks out and only this week have I started to feel hunger. It's only about every 4-5 hours right around mealtime and not very strong.

I'm 7 days out & not hungry either. I've been told I may never be 'hungry' again, & that's a benefit of the sleeve. About 2 days ago my stomach 'woke up!' tho, & would not stop making noises! It sounded like an angry beast. Ive been intimidated of drinking, but am now getting about 35oz of Protein Drinks, Soups, Popsicles, & 2 glasses of Water in. It's like a full time job. But it seems the closer I get to my 64oz liquid requirement & 64oz Protein requirement the less noise it makes. It's about relearning my insides, which I never really paid attention to before. Every day gets easier! Hope this helps. Sip, sip, sip :)

I'm 7 weeks post-op, and haven't felt hunger once since surgery. I plan all my intake in a daily food journal, and this helps me remember when and what to eat. (Very helpful to ensure I get more than enough liquids and protein!). I'm taking in between 550-650 calories a day, and burn between 1400-1700 a day at the gym (I typically do 1-2 hours of fast walking on the treadmill, and 2 hours of Water aerobics every day). Even with that calorie deficit, there is no hunger. Lovin' it!!

I was sleeved on june 21st this year, and I still don't feel that hunger feeling. I do however have ''head hunger''and have realized that it's just me lettin go of my old relationship with food.< /p>

I'm 6 months post op and still haven't gotten a new or old hunger feeling. Personal friends say they've gotten the hunger feeling back but I haven't. I guess it just depends!

6 months out and still haven't suffered from hunger pains.

And you very well may be weird, but that's beside the point... :)

I'm 7 days out & not hungry either. I've been told I may never be 'hungry' again' date=' & that's a benefit of the sleeve. About 2 days ago my stomach 'woke up!' tho, & would not stop making noises! It sounded like an angry beast. Ive been intimidated of drinking, but am now getting about 35oz of Protein drinks, Soups, Popsicles, & 2 glasses of Water in. It's like a full time job. But it seems the closer I get to my 64oz liquid requirement & 64oz Protein requirement the less noise it makes. It's about relearning my insides, which I never really paid attention to before. Every day gets easier! Hope this helps. Sip, sip, sip :)[/quote']

I'm preop- and have heard this before...still trying to understand why its a chore to get liquids down...do u feel sick - or that feeling after a stomach bug...its just so hard to understand and im trying to prepare myself mentally.

Everyone is different. I was hungry within a couple of days so consider yourself lucky. I am almost 2 years out and I do feel hunger regularly, but it is not the same type of hunger I felt before surgery and it is satisfied with very little. Don't worry...it all comes together.

Everyone is different. I was hungry within a couple of days so consider yourself lucky. I am almost 2 years out and I do feel hunger regularly' date=' but it is not the same type of hunger I felt before surgery and it is satisfied with very little. Don't worry...it all comes together.[/quote']

Thank you, Cherice! I am a week and a half out and I was hungry day 2!!! I was worried this just didn't work for me! I have been sticking with the liquids, but wanting my 7-year-old's pizza, steak, eggs, etc. I finally took a bite of his Pizza Crust and chewed the heck out of it and then spit it out. Pretty satisfying! I guess I just miss the taste of food. When I start obsessing over something, I take a bite and spit it out. Seems to be working for my cravings. I know it will all come together because my stomach is SMALLER and I cannot binge -ever again. Hopefully I will lose those cravings. Thanks again, I thought I was the only one who was hungry!

MaryJane,

Yes...I felt hunger right away. I also had severe acid and that may have been part of what I was feeling.

The cravings do get better. I still craved everything in the beginning, but eventually as I got all the sugar out of my system it slowed down. Also, as you get used to eatting less fat, you realize that it just doesn't tast good to you. I was a bit of a fast food junky before surgery and wanted a Wendy's cheeseburger BAD about three months post surgery. So I thought I would just buy one a take a bite to stisfy my craving. Well, it smelled good to me, but once I took a bite, I knew I had turned a corner. it just did not taste good to me anymore. At that point, I had to just let go of my "old" cravings and realize that it was all mental. I really did not want to the eat that food anymore. I had a couple of other situations like that when I would try my "old" favorites and it was worth it to prove to myself that I am different now.

I have been at goal for quite some time now and I eat pretty much everything in moderation, although I stay clear of fast food.

MaryJane' date='

Yes...I felt hunger right away. I also had severe acid and that may have been part of what I was feeling.

The cravings do get better. I still craved everything in the beginning, but eventually as I got all the sugar out of my system it slowed down. Also, as you get used to eatting less fat, you realize that it just doesn't tast good to you. I was a bit of a fast food junky before surgery and wanted a Wendy's cheeseburger BAD about three months post surgery. So I thought I would just buy one a take a bite to stisfy my craving. Well, it smelled good to me, but once I took a bite, I knew I had turned a corner. it just did not taste good to me anymore. At that point, I had to just let go of my "old" cravings and realize that it was all mental. I really did not want to the eat that food anymore. I had a couple of other situations like that when I would try my "old" favorites and it was worth it to prove to myself that I am different now.

I have been at goal for quite some time now and I eat pretty much everything in moderation, although I stay clear of fast food.[/quote']

Wonderful! Thanks so much. My hope is back! Yee Haw!