Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Simple Puree Ideas?

I know I can throw just about anything in a magic bullet but want some specific foods that go well together. I don't eat beef, pork, or shellfish. thanks in advance.

I would love some tips on this as well.

Cottage cheese with a small scoop of sugar free polander preserves and Hormel turkey chili (no beans). For others that do eat beef, the beef chili is the best one pureed but isn't as healthy. Scrambled egg with a dash of shredded hard parm, egg salad, etc.

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

I was envious of my husband's bbq chicken pizza one night, so I pureed some cooked chicken with a little broth, heated that, and then put a tiny bit of BBQ Sauce on top and a sprinkle of finely shredded cheddar. Looked pretty weird, but tasted yummy.

I also was in the mood for something tangy, so I mixed up some sf lemon Jello, with the hot Water only (half the total water), then blended in about a cup of greek yogurt, then added a scoop of vanilla Protein Powder. Let it chill a bit to thicken, then blended some more to make it fluffy. Loved it, but at 2 tablespoons at a time, I ended up throwing out quite a bit because I figured the yogurt had a shelf life.

In a sauce pan boil 1 chicken breast along with baby carrots, celery, onion, and just a little butter (optional) using chicken broth not Water. My mom cubed the chicken and used my food processor to purée the meat first. Strain the juice and slowly add it into the purée until you get your desired consistency. The flavor was awesome in the chicken and it made a lot for left over. She also puréed the carrots also using some of the same broth to thin it down. It was the best dinner ever!

Plain fat free Greek yogurt with Splenda and...unsweetened cocoa powder, any extract you like, lime juice or strawberries etc...

1 cup FF ricotta, 1/6 cup powdered milk, 1/3 c Water and 1 T. FF/SF pudding mix (vanilla and cheesecake are my favs.) Blend all. You can also add extract or cinnamon or nutmeg.

FF ricotta, season like you would for stuffed shells and heat it with a little sauce.

FF refried Beans heated with enchilada sauce and cheese

FF cream of...soup and tuna, blended.

Just some things that I have tried that I really enjoyed.

Tin of low fat corned beef, boil or fry some onions, mash some potatoes put all in a processor and thin to desired consistency with milk. Heat up a little at time in microwave. Really scrummy

Tin of low fat corned beef' date=' boil or fry some onions, mash some potatoes put all in a processor and thin to desired consistency with milk. Heat up a little at time in microwave. Really scrummy[/quote']

Going to try that or may be some roast beef hash. Had puréed Wendy Chili tonight and felt normal again. It still feels great in the new stomach. Thanks

What are some staples for a puréed shopping list?

During my purée stage I kept to some fairly standard food, some I found too grainey and didn't like the texture after it had been puréed. I stuck to corned beef hash, cottage pie, fish pie and chicken veg and gravy.

I am now three months out and in small portions can eat pretty much anything I want. Still struggling with eating too fast. But now understand my new stomach and know when I feel full, and when to stop. This however took a lot of trail and error on my part lol.

Like a lot of others on this site, I really struggle with bread, it feels like I have swallowed a football every time I have tried it. So now just avoid bread all together.

Found an amazing French bread cracker (in UK) which has individually wrapped 6 little French toasts, each pack is only about 70 calories, I can manage 3 for a lunch which makes for a great low calorie meal and feels like you are having some sort of bread!! It's lovely with a little pot of low cal Philadelphia cheese and all for about 100 calories.

One bit of advice when you go to normal food still try to pick soft food for a while with gravy, sauce or some type of liquid around it, this makes it much easier to eat.

Good luck with your journey. I have lost 3 stone 9lb (51lb) and feel fantastic. What I love is if i am careful I can eat anything I fancy but in small quantities, and still lose weight.