Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I Am New And Would Like To Meet People In The Forum...i Also Want To Know If There Are Any Military Spouses Out There?

Hi my name Is Kali,

I am a Military Wife,Mom and Nurse.I am 32 I suffer from sleep Apnea and I am genuinely tired of the yoyo. I am in the process of getting approved for VGS at San Antonio Military Medical Center.I am going to be reading through threads to see what people are experiencing both preoperatively and post operatively I am hoping to absorb some good info.I will also be sharing my experience from getting final approval, to pre- op ,to post- op and hopepfully post-post-op:)

Well hello, I'm from Houston I'm hoping to have sleeve done in January in Mexico because my insurance will not pay.

Welcome Kali, I had my sleeve done June 4th. I'm adjusting well and losing inches more than pounds. everyone is different and it all goes away in the end.

Hope you stay here and enjoy the awesome information they have gathered from everyone to help you with your journey.

Yup there are a few military wives on this forum. Search a thread titled "WBAMC" I know there are a few on that thread.

Hi, I'm at Ft. Lewis, WA there are many of us on here welcome.

Hi' date=' I'm at Ft. Lewis, WA there are many of us on here welcome.[/quote']

I miss fishing in the Pungent Sound so much.

Actually when I lived there it wasn't so pungent & American lake was clean then too.

Hi Kali I am a June 18th sleever here in San Antonio. I used Dr. Seger from BMI. I have had an awesome experience so far. Surgery went very smoothly and recovery was easy! Making the lifelong diet changes is a learning process, but I have list 41 pounds so I think I'm getting the hang of it!! The key is Protein, protein, protein! What area of San Antonio do you live in?? It s always nice to find a walking/jogging partner!

Welcome to VST! =) I am a pretty new sleever - just got sleeved on July 26th. It's been awesome. Surgery went great, post-op healing is going well (Although I'm tired!! =p) And I'm down almost 20 pounds. Keep us updated on how your process goes!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Izuri,where did you have your surgery done and how long was your hospital stay?

Winning, I live in Stone Oak.Where do you live and who is BMI? :)

Kali

BMI is the name of the group that my surgeon is part of. It is located on Huebner Rd. I live off of 35 and O'Connor. How far along are you in the approval process?

Guest deleted_user

Hey Kali... Check out this group: Military Spouse Sleevers -- There are 40 people there. I'd definitely get in touch!

Welcome on board and good luck with your approval. I'm pre-op too, but not for long as my surgery is 5 days away.

Looking forward to following your progress! :)

Thank you loleata!

Welcome to the VST family Kalimomof3!!!! This place is a wealth of knowledge and support. Good luck to you in your journey.

Hi Kali !! My name is Melissa and I am a Military Mom. I was just sleeved on Aug 1. 2012 and I am down 18 pounds. I live in the DFW area and my surgeon was great. So far so good. Surgery went fine and post op has been a breeze for me. I was very apprehensive as my surgery date was approaching, but I knew it would be the best thing I had ever done for myself once it was all said and done. My son is stationed at Ft. Carson, CO. He will be home in Novemeber for a visit and I can't wait for him to see me on my journey to becoming healthy again. Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted :D