Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Nurses With Sleeves (Support Group)

I was sleeved on July 1 still out of work I am a Rehab nurse so not looking forward to going back to soon dealing with lifting and shifting my patients with hip surgery,broken bones etc.I am soo constipated that I have no desire to eat I have tried everything I could think of any suggestions.

My docs say Miralax since it's a non-stimulant and you don't become dependent on it. Takes 1-3 days to kick in tho. I took a capful Monday night and didn't have results by the next morning, so took another two capfuls...all I'm gonna say is I'm still getting cleaned out! LOL

MOM has been my lifesaver since I was sleeved 10 months ago. I didn't start going regularly without it until probably a month ago.

I'm glad I found this group! I'm an RN with an oncology nurse certification. I've worked in general medicine, neurosurgery, oncology, management, and now informatics. I will complete my master's in nursing informatics in December of this year. I'm scheduled for my surgery on 9/15 and am so ready to make this change. Lots of good things happening!

Hi! RN in NC. I had sleeve on July 15th. So I currently am about 3 1/2 weeks out. So far I have lost 18lbs. I really see more in inches though. So frustrating be a use I thought scale would move a lot faster.

Hi! RN in NC. I had sleeve on July 15th. So I currently am about 3 1/2 weeks out. So far I have lost 18lbs. I really see more in inches though. So frustrating be a use I thought scale would move a lot faster.

Sleeved July 14th and I was 314 surgery day. I'm currently 294 but I've been stalled so I've been at 294 since last Monday. Kinda frustrating.... I have lost 65 lbs since I started this journey so maybe my body is like whoa wait a minute. Who knows?!?!?!

Hi! Pirate RN!! Congrats on ur progress. Are you in Gville? I am and would love to talk and compare notes. The scale moves too slowly for me and I have found that a pound up or down depends on the amount of Protein and Water I get in during the day. Good luck to you on your journey!

Hi tabby! I am in Fayetteville. Are you in Greenville? How much weight loss have you had?

Pirate RN I have lost about 35 pounds including preop weight loss. I stalled for almost 4 weeks but it was because I wasn't getting in the right amt of Protein. I'm feeling good though, loving putting scrubs on that I couldn't wear and some of them being a little baggy too. The scale isn't dropping fast enough but as long as I'm losing I guess I'm ok with it. How are you doing?

<p>I was sleeved on July 1 still out of work I am a Rehab nurse so not looking forward to going back to soon dealing with lifting and shifting my patients with hip surgery,broken bones etc.I am soo constipated that I have no desire to eat I have tried everything I could think of any suggestions. </p>

. Water helps with the Constipation, I didn't have to use my miralax but it was on standby .

Pirate RN I have lost about 35 pounds including preop weight loss. I stalled for almost 4 weeks but it was because I wasn't getting in the right amt of Protein. I'm feeling good though, loving putting scrubs on that I couldn't wear and some of them being a little baggy too. The scale isn't dropping fast enough but as long as I'm losing I guess I'm ok with it. How are you doing?

I am doing better since nutritionist appt Friday. I have done a lot better about getting in food period. I was eating like once a day....which was reason for slow weight loss and headaches. Now scale finally moving. Hit 20 lbs today. Tomorrow is 4 weeks out.

Finally reach Onederland, yay!!! Walking faster, less back pain and faster recovery after a busy ICU day.

Congrats one lander !!

I was sleeve 7/28 I've lost 31 lbs including 15 preop. I'm back at work but no heavy lifting. I just bought a size 20 pair of shorts on clearance, from a size 26. I'm very excited! I'm walking every night but, haven't started weights yet, still a little sore.

What's everyone else doing for exercise?

Are you a nurse? I am starting a support group for nurses that are contemplating, undergoing or are now 'old pro's' with their sleeves!

By way of introduction, my name is Jana & I live in the DFW area and am currently undergoing the approval process. I have been a RN for 38 years--18 years in Surgery & 18 years in Case Management & as a Manager for a major health plan carrier.

So feel free to jump on board!

Hi! I'm Raven from Gastonia, NC (outside Charlotte). I graduated from nursing school December 2013. Right now, I'm working two jobs. My full time position is at a PRTF working with young children. My part time position is with a home health company. I haven't really decided if I want to stay in those fields. I loved OR while in nursing school and thought I would be working in that field. I am happy with my positions for right now and enjoy being a nurse.

My surgery is scheduled for 9/12/14 in Tijuana Mexico with Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela. I have never been on a plane or out of the country but I'm excited about the process. I started my pre-op diet yesterday and I'm struggling. I'm trying to stay busy so I won't think about but its hard.

Just wondering to all the nurses, how long did you take off work? I work on the respiratory/ventilator and on the palliative floor. So as you all know lots of lifting and pulling, heavy patients, have a couple bariatric patients as well, 400 + lbs.just not sure how much time off to ask for.