Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In my endless Quest for understanding as I prepare to have VSG myself I am curious if anyone ever regretted their decision to have this surgery?

I have seen plenty of people regret the lapband and a few regret gastric bypass (RNY, DS, etc).

Did you regret it? Or maybe not regret the surgery, but regret any aspect or wish it was different?

Please share your experiences....

I am a recent sleeve patient - July 2nd and at about two weeks out I was full of regret just simply due to not being able to eat...now that I am soft foods it is not that bad. I like seafood and get to eat it so I am satisfied. I still find myself feeling as if I have not eaten enough because I can get full off of 3 or 4 bites. I am coming to grip with this is how it is for now and will possibly change later.

I'm not very far in this journey (17 days post op) but so far my only regret is that I didn't do this 2 years ago, or 5 yrs ago or...you get the point. I'm a big foodie, I love to entertain, what I'm looking forward to now is enjoying and being satisfied with a "portion" that will not contribute to my early death. Cooking and experimenting with food that will fuel me and my husband for our future rather than weigh us down. I've had a real love affair with food, indulging myself comforting myself. I regret not changing that relationship earlier...I tried, believe me...for years. I wish I had this tool a long time ago...anyway, probably not what you where looking for but that's my only regret...not having done this sooner :)

I love my sleeve, no regrets. I had a great doctor, monthly support groups and lots of family and friends that fully supported my decision.

No regrets here...

No regrets here either. Tomorrow, I will be 8 weeks out. Early on, I had some "regrets" but really those times were when my pain wasn't under control. I wish I would've done this years ago.

There is a post floating around a woman who regrets the surgery because it had a long series of complications that lasts months. You're most likely not going to find a lot of people on this board who regret it though.

I wish I had done it years ago! :)

This is asked almost every week. Most will say NO REGRETS, me too. It's the BEST thing I have EVER done health wise for myself.

Nope. ;)

7 weeks out tomorrow and no regrets

only regret is not doing this when I was 22!!!

Some days I do, but those feelings are based on my own food addiction. But I am less than a month out, and this is when things are hardest: you can't eat what you want, some days it's hard to eat at all. BUT, every week it gets easier. So I know that week 5 will be better than week 4, and week 12 will be better than week 11. So with that in mind, I know that there will be no regrets: I'm losing steadily, and my husband has even noticed a difference. I am getting healthy.