Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Diet Before Surgery?

During my Pms cycle this week I ate every last bad food I like. Tuesday I am starting a low carb diet on dietstogo.com and hitting the gym hard My surgery will likely be October. I was hoping to drop 40 lbs before my actual surgery between this diet and post op liquid which seems like everyone kinda drops 15-20lbs. My BMW would be 35 and with high blood pressure personal choice would still ok me. I am 5 8 and 264lbs

Did anyone else have success dieting 2 mos before? I thought by the time I am bored it will be time for surgery

You should always do what you can to put yourself in better health before surgery. This is a GREAT plan. Keep working toward what you need to do to put yourself in the best condition you can. It will help with not only making sure there are less complications, but also will aide in your recovery.

I'm doing the same thing. I'll be sleeve in October, and while my Dr dosen't require a pre op diet I'm doing one anyway. I'd like to loose 20-30lbs by October so hopefully I can- lost 6 so far so fingers crossed! Im just following a low carb eating plan, lots of Protein and veggies, water- cut out soda. I'm also going to do liquids the week before though my dr doesn't require it. Good luck!

Not sure when my surgery willbe but I have already started drinking two Protein Shakes a day with one good meal. I am also going to the gym 3 to 4 times a week and have lost 9 lbs in two weeks. My soc said she wanted me to lose as much as possible and to start to work out so I increase my strength and muscle tone. She stated that these efforts will not only make the surgery easier for her to do but will also aid in my recovery after and help my system get use to the dramatic increase in Protein. The other plus is I feel better emotionally from working out!!

I've started a low carb high Protein diet as well... my surgery is set for October, but I thought I would get a jump start before my pre op diet. I've increased my distance on the treadmill as well... I would like to lose 20-30 lbs before surgery.