Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall After Week One?

My doctor requests daily weigh in, as soon as you awake after going to the restroom. At each post-op appointment he has the nurse review...Well here is the problem. Day 6 and day 7 I was 191.1.....Since then (the last 3 days) I have been 192.x...going UP. Can I really be stalling already in week ONE? :( Isn't this where my biggest weight loss should be?

Getting Water, walks and Protein (protien by the skin of my teeth) Not my TOM. What gives?

My doctor requests daily weigh in' date=' as soon as you awake after going to the restroom. At each post-op appointment he has the nurse review...Well here is the problem. Day 6 and day 7 I was 191.1.....Since then (the last 3 days) I have been 192.x...going UP. Can I really be stalling already in week ONE? :( Isn't this where my biggest weight loss should be?

Getting Water, walks and Protein (protien by the skin of my teeth) Not my TOM. What gives?[/quote']

I stalled at exactly 9 days post op for almost 2 weeks, but then the weight just dropped significantly the 3rd week. I can't remember the number, but I remember thinking it was like 3 weeks worth of weight loss. That is how most of my stalls have been. As soon as I'm off a stall, my body let's go of extra weight at the end of them. Everyone is different, but just stick to your plan and the weight will come off. I and 4 1/2 months post op and have lost 65 lbs and have 43 to go. Congrats on your surgery and welcome to the losers bench! Remember, it's not a race, it's a journey.

There is no schedule that controls a stall. We all differ but we will all stall. I stalled at 3 weeks for 5 days and again at 7 weeks for 10 days. Stick to the plan, avoid temptation to cheat. Proteins and Water until you reach your goal. I'm almost 8 weeks out and have lost 61 lbs total. The last 39 will be a bigger challenge. I really don't miss food although certain memories of certain foods are strong. I am constantly surprised at how little I can actually ingest. And eating too much is no fun at all.

I stalled the second week. In the third week sometime I lost three lbs overnight. The human body is a funny thing.

try not to see this stall as if there is something wrong. and don't compare yourself to everyone else either. You will reach your goal as long as you follow your plan.

I stall at 2 1/2 months and it was for a week. and then I started losing weight again. During the stall I was losing inches from my waist. I use the Wii system it is fun to work with even at my age the Wii scale tracks your weight lost and tells you the average weight lost should be 3 pound a week.

Listen you did not get heavy overnight so you should understand that you are not going to lose it over night. Get your focus back and follow your plan and eat you portions correctly and exercise.

My doctor told me that he wants me not worry if I am not losing weight every week because I should reach my goal in a year. Also when walking he wants me to go up hills and walk at least 30 mins. a day five days a week.

Good luck hope you have much success in this journey.

I am 11 days post op, and lost 10 lbs.

This morning I gained a lb back! I did however loose 6 & 3/4 inchs total ! That is pretty exciting! Did you measure yourself prior to surgery?

(((HUG))))

I know that after surgery that's the last thing we want to see on the scale. Believe it or not, I'm up about six pounds from my pre-admission weight. I'm certain none of it is a real weight gain, because I feel like a bloated balloon at the moment. Either way, your body is just recovering, and there's no way you have gained actual pounds of fat right now. it's probably just reorganizing and holding in Water to help you heal. I'm sure it will come back off in no time =)