Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Had A Kick A*% Saturday! Literally...just Need To Vent & Get Encouragement.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all...Saturday was one of the worst days I've had in a while. It started well...pedicure, excited to go to a friend's bridal shower, but quickly went bad.

I had my first post op meltdown yesterday as I was trying to get dressed to attend the bridal shower. See I've always prided myself on my appearance and clothing. I was a plus size fashionista of some sort. I had my ensemble planned out in my head and was excited since I hadn't really dressed up in a while. I'm a teacher who had her surgery right at the

beginning of summer vacay and its been a lot of sweats, tshirts and elastic. Yesterday my clothes were too big....not just "oh there's a little extra room" too big, but falling off my shoulder too big. AND my bra was too big. You could see the cup collapsing under the clingy shirt. I tried 4 different bras and 2 shirts before I broke down. I had a full on temper tantrum. Of course I'm happy, but who wants to look a mess? I finally compromised with myself and headed

out the door.

Because of the meltdown I was running late for the shower. Then I was even later because the hall sat back from the street, behind another building and I drove past it back and forth for 15 minutes. Finally made it, go in and....I FALL DOWN the last 6 or so steps. I didn't kill myself, but I

could feel my ankle throbbing. By the end of the shower I knew it was going to be bad. At home, the swelling and pain

picked up. It's painful to walk and all I can think about is I won't be able to work out.... I'm only 6 weeks out and am losing at a ok rate, but when I work out, of course I'm

pulling down some pretty damn good numbers. I already was going to see my reg doc on Monday so I'll have her take a look at it and pray for the best.

THEN...guys this is your cue to leave. Ladies tmi coming. Then after 1.5 years my cycle starts! My cycle was purposely stopped in Jan 2011 because I have large fibroids. I was given hormone injections every 3 months, but had to stop them in preparation for surgery because of the risk of blood clots. So while I haven't been searching for my cycle I had been a little concerned because the last injection was Feb 2012. Well aunt flo showed right on up yesterday with a wrath....crimson tide!

I'm feeling better about everything today. The swelling on the ankle is going down and I'm controlling the pain. Have an luncheon to attend today and I already tried on the dress lol. Can't wear the shoes I had picked out, but I'll be fine. I still am angry about the cycle though.... Thanks for "listening" to me fuss! *kisses*

awwww....that sounds like an "I better get my a$$ back in bed" kind of day for sure. But you knuckled thru it! AND YOU ARE UP AND AT 'EM TODAY! My kind of girl! Hope today your ankle is better, your flowage is short and that there are no steps at the luncheon! (and your weight loss is amazing, by the way! you should be proud!)

THEN...guys this is your cue to leave. Ladies tmi coming. Then after 1.5 years my cycle starts! My cycle was purposely stopped in Jan 2011 because I have large fibroids. I was given hormone injections every 3 months, but had to stop them in preparation for surgery because of the risk of blood clots. So while I haven't been searching for my cycle I had been a little concerned because the last injection was Feb 2012. Well aunt flo showed right on up yesterday with a wrath....crimson tide!

I am sorry your day sucked. I know that feeling of looking like a big bag of clothes. All my nice plus sized clothes was too big the first time I went back to class and work.

For your injections, were you on Depo? Or something similar. The same exact thing happened to me and I had non-stop spotting for about 2 months after it started again. It finally stopped after my new shot.

I understand on the clothing thing. It is hard to find great pieces when you are plus sized. I lost weight a few years ago and was really frustrated at having 3 options--wear clothes that didn't fit well, spend a fortune on clothes, or get a couple of things in each size and wear them over and over again. Hope your ankle is better!

Congratulations on your great weight loss! You deserve to be very proud. As for all the bad luck, well, we all have bad luck. You just cashed in on all of yours for the next 6 months! LOL At least we can hope so, right? What a trooper to pour it all out on this page and step up! Even with the injury, I'm sure you'll find a way to keep succeeding!

G.

Honey - you are doing do good!!! I was 262 and nov amad 215. I feel like I have my life back. You have to look at ar yourself and praise the lord for you decision, It's a good one. Your liife will change.

JD, You're probably NOT a country music fan, but Mary Chapin Carpenter sings a song called "I Feel Lucky" about a day like the one you had yesterday! It might give you a laugh or two if you You Tube it! :)

Here's hoping that today is a better day and that your ankle recovers quickly. One thing a nurse friend told me about WLS is that falls are very common for us in the early months because it takes our brains a bit to catch up to our new centers of balance. It's similar to the adjustment period one has with a change in one's eyeglass prescription, only it lasts a bit longer because we're still losing weight even as our brain plays catch-up.

I am sorry your day sucked. I know that feeling of looking like a big bag of clothes. All my nice plus sized clothes was too big the first time I went back to class and work.

For your injections, were you on Depo? Or something similar. The same exact thing happened to me and I had non-stop spotting for about 2 months after it started again. It finally stopped after my new shot.

Yes, I was taking Depo Lupron. I'm going to wait this week out and see what happens. I believe my surgeon said try to avoid hormones 3 months before and after, but if I had to, ask for Progestrin (sp?). Two months of spotting was exactly what lead me to find out I had fibroids. I pray that doesn't happen again. Like I said Aunt Flo has one week to get herself back in line or I'm going for the drugs!! LOL

Here's hoping that today is a better day and that your ankle recovers quickly. One thing a nurse friend told me about WLS is that falls are very common for us in the early months because it takes our brains a bit to catch up to our new centers of balance. It's similar to the adjustment period one has with a change in one's eyeglass prescription, only it lasts a bit longer because we're still losing weight even as our brain plays catch-up.

You know I actually do think this was part of the reason I fell, but I couldn't really describe it to anyone. I also thought it was because, like the clothes, my sandals were a little big in the toe area.

I totally understand the first thing! I considered myself a plus-size fashionista, of sorts, as well (worked at LB for 5 years too). AND I'm also a teacher! I did two weeks worth of laundry at my parents' house today and the only thing in my hamper was underwear, bathing suits, work out clothes and towels! lol Not much dressing up here either. I'm nervous about my work wardrobe as well. I've pretty much always been the dress size I was pre-op so I never was one to have multiple sizes. I tried on some outfits for a date about 2 weeks post-op and everything just looked so sloppy. So I tried on some items I had just ordered from Old Navy (only let myself buy clearance now) and they were still a little too tight! Ugh! I take pride in my appearance. I get many compliments on my style. I don't like the idea of only having a few items that fit in each size until I'm at goal. It's a scary and demoralizing thing for a lot of women. If I know I have a special event coming up I plan my outfit weeks in advance. Now that outfit might not fit when the time comes.

I know we have to keep reminding ourselves that this is going to be worth it but it's a difficult, emotional and LONG transition period. Not many people can truly understand that. It's ok to get upset from time to time. I had my first post-op breakdown last week about going out to lunch with my brother. He was in town for a few days and was giving me a hard time about my limited diet (still on pureeds) and having to choose specific restaurants. It really bothered me. It's gonna happen but it doesn't mean it's not gonna suck... wish I had something more encouraging to say! lol

Just a short update after my doc appt. Doc was happy to see me, first time I've seen my reg doc since she did my initial paper work. She looked at my ankle and said it should be fine. The swelling and pain are mild and I was able to walk on it well today. The best news is....she took me off of my blood pressure medication!!!! YAYYYYY!! I told her I had some light headedness after exercising and standing up quickly. She took my blood pressure and said I didn't need it anymore. I now do not take ANY medications (well except what my surgeon has me on). Lastly, I got the ok to re-start my hormone injections to slow this Red Sea down!!! LOL! Thanks again everyone!

WOW! Thanks for sharing the good news and reinforcing that the tide does change. Congratulations!!!