Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Cured Of Pcos Since Having Surgery?

im 7months post op. ive been getting my menstral since the age of 8. im now turning 24. about 4yrs ago, i was diagnosed with pcos after not getting my period for over 7months straight. since ive gotten it, ive kept track of it ever since. since surgery, ive been getting my menstral but its never on time. either super late or too early but it does come.

has anyone been 100% cured?

i dont want to get on birth control. i just wish my body would do it on its own!!!

heres my cycle since it disappeared for 7months & came back one day.

***the days later mean i got it on this day & it took that many days for my next one to come. (for example, june 20: 44days later means my menstral came june 20th & it took 44 days to get my next one which is aug 3rd)***

menstral cycle

june 20: 44days later

aug 3: 57days later

sept 29: 35days later

nov 1: 33days later

nov 29: 27days later

dec 26: 31days later

jan 26: 77days later

april 13: 28days later

may 10: 36days later

june 15: 32days later

july 17: 43days later

aug 29: 31days later

sept 29: 30days later

oct 29: 62days later

dec 30: 34days later

feb 3: 34 days later

mar 9: 87 days later

june 4: 26 days later

july 2: 172 days later

dec 21: 12 days later

jan 2: 35 days later

feb 6: 24 days later

march 1: 52 days later

april 21: 30 days later

may 21: 35 days later

june 25: 24 days later

july 19

I dont have your medical issue PCOS but I can empathize with your aggrivation. I bled for 18 months straight with about 10 weeks of non-bleeding scattered inbetween. I hope you get the answers your looking for.

omg!!!!! did u ever go to a dr? thats crazy! id go nuts. i rather have no period than an 18month period

I dont have your medical issue PCOS but I can empathize with your aggrivation. I bled for 18 months straight with about 10 weeks of non-bleeding scattered inbetween. I hope you get the answers your looking for.

It looks as though your cycles are getting a lot closer together. I have only had 4 periods in my life that have not been induced by birth control. The longest I have gone is 5 yrs in between periods. I have one child that is six and I only got pregnant with her after losing a LOT of weight, in a really unhealthy way, and was on birth control and had missed about a week of pills. She is my miracle baby. I am hoping that having the sleeve done will help me have another baby and take care of the PCOS.

Hope all the ladies here get what they want from the surgery!

Wow! I thought mine on PCOS was screwy. In 2004 I had ovarian cyst and uterine polyps removed after basically having three periods a month, I couldn't even imagine 18 months!

It took 6 months after my first son to have a period and 13 months after my second to have one. Both of my boys are miracles and we fought every step of the way with the pregnancies and progesterone issues. I am hoping this will help reset mine as well. Still have not had on menstral cramp or signal to let me know this is coming on.

So 6 periods and a sleeve later ( I'm 5 days out) her is hoping!

wow! god bless u guys. i have no kids. i had surgery in hopes that id be healthier and be able to have a baby as well. :(

It looks as though your cycles are getting a lot closer together. I have only had 4 periods in my life that have not been induced by birth control. The longest I have gone is 5 yrs in between periods. I have one child that is six and I only got pregnant with her after losing a LOT of weight, in a really unhealthy way, and was on birth control and had missed about a week of pills. She is my miracle baby. I am hoping that having the sleeve done will help me have another baby and take care of the PCOS.

Hope all the ladies here get what they want from the surgery!

At the time I had no insurance. I had two teenagers and alot of other stressers. I worked from home which was both a saving grace as well as a curse. Couldn't even go to the store somtimes for fear of being out of the house 20 minutes would cause me to go through two tampax and a pad. Finally saved up enough to get an IUD in hopes that it would at least help. (I had my tubes tied after my second so I didn't need this).

After 2 months its alot better. very light, very unpredicatable but i can go months without anything. so much better. however, once i've lost weight i want this IUD out of me. if the bleeding starts up again i want a hysterectomy - which what i should ahve had if i had insurance at the time. i have insurance now....the trade off is I work for a lawyer who is an ass. Hoping that by January I have this partial hysterectomy done.

i have two children and often which i had more - now that empty nest is hitting. they're both at that age where they swear they don't want children so not holding out hope for grandbabies. maybe alot of pets inmy future?

I wish you all luck with your journeys.

my goodness :(

thats scary!

pets do help tho. i have 1 cat, 3 fish, 2 baby turtles & 2 bearded dragons. those r my babies!

At the time I had no insurance. I had two teenagers and alot of other stressers. I worked from home which was both a saving grace as well as a curse. Couldn't even go to the store somtimes for fear of being out of the house 20 minutes would cause me to go through two tampax and a pad. Finally saved up enough to get an IUD in hopes that it would at least help. (I had my tubes tied after my second so I didn't need this).

After 2 months its alot better. very light, very unpredicatable but i can go months without anything. so much better. however, once i've lost weight i want this IUD out of me. if the bleeding starts up again i want a hysterectomy - which what i should ahve had if i had insurance at the time. i have insurance now....the trade off is I work for a lawyer who is an ass. Hoping that by January I have this partial hysterectomy done.

i have two children and often which i had more - now that empty nest is hitting. they're both at that age where they swear they don't want children so not holding out hope for grandbabies. maybe alot of pets inmy future?

I wish you all luck with your journeys.

Unfortunately, the surgery did not do anything for my PCOS.

Sent from my iPad using VST

wow really? how far along are u?

Unfortunately, the surgery did not do anything for my PCOS.

Three years out.

I hope when I lose more weight mainly because I have this one stubborn hair on my chin. I already have six children, one husband, and four dogs so I am not wanting or needing to increase my family size I simply want this one hair to vanish and never come back

unfortunately, once it grows in, it doesnt stop until the root is killed. although pcos mightve caused it, it wont stop growing in cuz pcos is gone.. if that makes sense.

i have thick facial hair too. i hate it :(

I hope when I lose more weight mainly because I have this one stubborn hair on my chin. I already have six children, one husband, and four dogs so I am not wanting or needing to increase my family size I simply want this one hair to vanish and never come back

Oh no! Lol

off topic but I too have one stubborn chin hair since mid-30s. worse part is I've suddenly developed 1 hair on my bicep. I am constantly looking for it now because it has gotten as long as 3" before I've caught it before lol lucky i don't wear alot of short sleeved outfits but when that changes.....