Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Nick Nicholson Anyone

Anyone use Dr. Nick I went to seminar tues waiting on them to verify my bcbs of OK. Anyone know the steps after that? My BMI is right at 40 I'm nervous on my day to weigh that my weight will fluctuate and put me under do we weigh with our clothes on or a gown? any suggestion?

It all depends on your policy. Some have a 3 to 12 month supervised diet and some don't. Most require a psych eval, and nutrition consult,and sometimes your surgeon will require different labs and test. The best thing to do is check with your coordinator, or even better. Check with your insurance your self to be on the safe side.

Is this is dallas Tx?!,cause i know theirs a surgeon named nick here,but anyways i go to Dr.Jay in dallas,i have bcbs highmark,most bcbs require a 6month consecutive nut/exercise visit nd psych eval....i had to pay the eval out of pocket...anyways before u get weighed drink alot of Water, try to weigh over 40(bmi).just in case u have no co morbid..nd dont miss no appointments,i skipped one nd ill probably get denied,here's the down part u probably need a bmi of 50 to get the sleeve,at least thts my policy criteria...so ur gonna need to find a Dr tht gives a shyt(as in peer to peer,and appeal).i was goin to Dr.Stowers nd when i found out myself about the bmi 50 for the sleeve they gave up,thts why i chose Dr.Jay,anywho me and the insurance cord came up with a plan,hope it wrks because i dont want the bypass...maybe ur requirements are different...

i made sure I was wearing heavier clothes and drank a bunch of Water so I was over the 40 bmi. I have Cigna insurance. I was aporoved with no problems other than the 40 bmi.

Hi Tanya, we did learn that your Blue Cross plan only requires that you do a psychiatric evaluation to get approval, no supervised diet needed. That is great news for you. We will be sending you a written letter explaining this with some suggestions of providers you may see for this. Once you have this part done, give us a call to schedule your consultation. At that visit you will be weighed with your clothes on, shoes too if you would like. Shannon Cooper will be your insurance coordinator and you may reach her at (469) 330-6782 if you have any questions along the way. We look forward to working with you.

I started with nicholson when he was at baylor weight loss but ended up having my surgery with kuhn in Dallas. my husband is actually going thru the process right now and just got approved for the surgery. his BMI is right at 38-40 so I would make him wear work boot, lots of change in his pockets, a heavy belt and his wallet with tons of keys and a chain on it. don't laugh.... cuz I know you are right now. but his weight can go up & down by 20 lbs very quickly and I wasnt taking any chances. It took me from july of 2010 until march of 2012 to get approved and I didnt want him to go thru the waiting like I did.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Denise thank u so much that is awesome news :)

Anyone use Dr. Nick I went to seminar tues waiting on them to verify my bcbs of OK. Anyone know the steps after that? My BMI is right at 40 I'm nervous on my day to weigh that my weight will fluctuate and put me under do we weigh with our clothes on or a gown? any suggestion?

I think I went to the same seminar--same day! I have called his office & left a message for the insurance coordinator they assigned to me.

I also went ahead & made the appointment w/ Dr. Ashmore for the psych eval. Will stay in touch & ask you to do the same if you don't mind. Thanks, Jana

I think I went to the same seminar--same day! I have called his office & left a message for the insurance coordinator they assigned to me.

I also went ahead & made the appointment w/ Dr. Ashmore for the psych eval. Will stay in touch & ask you to do the same if you don't mind. Thanks, Jana

Hi Jana I made my psych eval appt. also but with Dr. Rinella on Friday. I would love to stay in touch with ya during this whole process. :)