Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the last week, I've thought I was waiting for approval from Cigna, only to find out today that it hasn't even been submitted. My PCP office says that they faxed over everything week before last, the bariatric office says they never got it, but I called last Tuesday, just to be sure, and they said they had everything and would submit by the end of the day. Un-freaking believable, bunch of freakinh liars. I believe my PCP's office, they are true most helpful, professional people. Plus, why would you lie to me last week, then tell me today, you couldn't submit because the PCP office hasn't sent over the info. Pissed.

Same thing happened to me, not just for insurance but for other requirements also. My Doc is great but her staff leaves something to be desired. All I can add is make copies of every piece of paper you hand them and do not wait on them. Call your own insurance carrier to verify.

For the last week, I've thought I was waiting for approval from Cigna, only to find out today that it hasn't even been submitted. My PCP office says that they faxed over everything week before last, the bariatric office says they never got it, but I called last Tuesday, just to be sure, and they said they had everything and would submit by the end of the day. Un-freaking believable, bunch of freakinh liars. I believe my PCP's office, they are true most helpful, professional people. Plus, why would you lie to me last week, then tell me today, you couldn't submit because the PCP office hasn't sent over the info. Pissed.

This happens often, even in a pcp office it is just as common to not be sent as it is the recv'g center to have lost it and say they never got. I work in a hospital and see it often from pcp's office. You may be surprised about your super professional bunch if you worked there. I'm just saying crap happens! Remember it only takes 1 # to be off on a fax machine and things can be sent to the wrong place, wrong dept, etc... Just saying.

You really need to make sure you are included on each submittal, etc...make them scan rather than fax, and cc your email address - you have the right to be included in every step of your medical care. This assures you that your docs are doing what is supposed to be done.

You also take a bit of responsibility in that you also need to get, and confirm each email address personally, so you know whether or not it went where it was supposed to.

Oh the vicious cycle of paper work. If you can do anything on your own, do it..take and deliver. You must be so frustrated! I'm sorry this has happened to you..I hope things clear up so you can get the ball rolling.

this happens often' date=' even in a pcp office it is just as common to not be sent as it is the recv'g center to have lost it and say they never got. I work in a hospital and see it often from pcp's office. You may be surprised about your super professional bunch if you worked there. I'm just saying crap happens![/quote']

That's exactly why I haven't hounded the bariatric's office, because I understand it's a process. What angers me the most is that they lied to me last week, by saying they were going to submit it that day. I even called back on Wednesday and Thursday because I wanted someone to tell me verbally, that yes, it was submitted. I left messages both times, and didn't get a call back. If I behaved that way at work, I would have to answer to some people.

I just got off of the phone with both offices, and everything was supposedly straightened. I was given the same assurance that I received last Tuesday, that it would be submitted today. We'll see.

@Pookey, I asked if I could be e-mailed all the documents that would be sent, the insurance co-ordinator said it's too time consuming to e-mail every patient, but that I could pick up a copy in person. It takes longer to copy something, so how is that less time consuming? She's angry with me, and I really don't care. I've been really nice about the whole thing, considering that I completed all my requirements on June 24th. Almost an entire month has gone by.