Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tighter with wt loss?

I understand that most people's bands are less restrictive as they lose weight, as there is not as much body fat/mass etc and the stomach gets looser or something. Is this true? Also, I find that as I am losing weight, I am getting tighter! I wil have to go in soon and get some saline out as it is getting uncomfortable. Has anyone else experienced this?? :)

I think I'm experiencing something similar too! My restriction has always been all over the place...one day loose the next a little tight. But, I haven't had a fill in about 2 months and lately it feels tighter to me too.

Wow, that is different. I am curious to see if anyone else is experiencing that as well. For me, I get looser as I lose weight.

I have found that my band gets loose the more weight I lose but it take less of a fill to shut me off completely. I have to get fill at .1 and .2 cc's at a time where I use to could get .4 or .5

Nana~

I am calling tomorrow for an unfill appointment. This is my second fill and I am so glad I have lost fifteen more pounds but it has been six weeks now and just seems to get tighter.This has been the third day that I can only get a few bites down. Can still drink but hardly no solids and I know this isn't healthy.Will let yall know if doctor thinks this is possible.At least I only have 24 more to go.:)

Right now i have 1.75cc in my band..I love my restriction and have noticed that when i do exercise my band gets tighter..I am comfortable right now and have been loosing steadly...before i started exercising reguarly the band used to get looser when i lost weight not tighter..

~Kristen

YES! This is happening to me. I had a fill in April and everything seemed perfect. Then, the last couple months the band has slowly gotten tighter. Now, it's uncomfortably tight, so I'm getting an unfill tomorrow. I can't believe my restriction changed so much in 5 months.

My band gets tighter with weight loss. I am not sure I understood my dr.'s explanation as to why this happens. I lost about 25 pounds in 3 months and then had to get an unfill.

I'm getting tighter with weight loss. I have to tell you this is getting very uncomfortable. I can only get a ew bites maybe 2 at a time down and my doctor told me to slow down my eatting. Not that I'm eatting fast just take longer to eat. My last fill was May 28th then I had to have .2cc removed Aug 13th now I'm in the same place again. I'm thinking it has something to do with my monthly cycle. I get very tight right around then. Anyone else have this?