Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies Only, Aunt Flo's unexpected visit...

Mert

I was banded 8/11/06 and after two plus years of no periods (I thought I was menopausal) Aunt Flo comes for an unexpected visit and is just like in the old days...Period started 9/1, after a loss of only 5 pounds since banding. Has this happened to anyone else? This is so bizarre.

Yea, I went for 6 months and thought it was all over, until about a week or so after surgery. Then WHAM - Surprise! Guess who's back in town! Been pretty regular ever since. Ain't we lucky.

Terry :)

I still get TOM every month so I can't really relate except to say that weight loss releases a lot of hormones that were stored in fat. This has caused all sorts of strange TOM stuff for me...Early/Late/Heavy/Light--the whole gammut! My guess is that your body is releasing hormones.

yep happen to me to only lost around 18 total # but have had a visitor monthly since 7/14 after almost a year without yuck!!!1

Ahhh I'm having cramps right now :rolleyes: I'm gonna start next Monday :girl_hug:

I didn't any kinds of breaks My periods are like clockwork!

Nana~

OK, the RN part of me is answering this post. Menopause is considered the absence of menstration for 12 consecutive months. If you were without your period for 2 years and now are bleeding, you really should see your OB/GYN ASAP.

In my thin days, my cycles were never regular. I gained weight throughout the years, and I never would menstruated without progresterone. I took it every 2-3 months as my gyn. waned me to have a cycle every one in awhile.

Now, since banding.....I have a cycle every 28-30 days like clockwork. Kinda strange, since my thin days I was never consistent!!!

Welcome to menstruation again :phanvan .

Shawn

I had problems with Aunt Flo too..The heavier i was the less it came regularly..I lost 82.5 lbs so far and now its been coming more reqular..Unfortually i am late for it this month..I was due 08/24 and i have just to get it. Although i have been under alot of stress the last couple weeks..We shall see

~Kristen

Bleeding like that after surgery is quite common. And if you weren't truly menapausal, weight loss will def bring you back to regular. My GP has already warned me (not menapausal-but i will not have the heavy periods anymore--yay) Oh yeah I took phen-phen 10 years ago and now have 9 yr old Rachel ---doc told me I got pregnant because of the weight loss--regulating my cycle...fun fun. Luckily my tubes are tied and burned this time...LOL.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I will go see the ob/gyn and get checked out. I think my hormones are returning to normal, though, for some reason and I am OK. I'm not bothered by Aunt Flo, as long as her visits are predictable. Healthwise, I see this as a good thing.

Me Too. I could probably count the times Aunt Flo has come to visit on both hands and feet. I'm 45 so it hasn't been a lot.

But guess what she has been here three times in the 3 1/2 months since surgery.

I do not like having Aunt Flo visit. I want her to go somewhere and stay forever.

M

My hormones have never been quite right. Since the surgery, it is a constant battle. After a my 2nd 4 week visit, I am on a new pill and finally stopped. The Dr.'s can help. I'm told it is about fat cells releasing stored hormones.

Wow, I am actually quite the opposite. I was fairly regular before surgery, and have only been visited twice since then - last time in December.

so totally not missing it at all!