Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aiming For March Surgery In Mx!

So, I've filled out the patient care form and I was approved for the surgery in March. I'm choosing to go then because it will give me enough time to come up with the money between now and then. I haven't put down the $500 deposit yet to reserve the date. I have so many things running through my mind right now! Like will I be able to get plane tickets around that time because it will be near spring break? And I'm thinking of when should I make my hotel reservation? I looked on Southwestairlines.com and I can't even book this far in advance lol I think that I'm going to drive myself crazy....

So' date=' I've filled out the patient care form and I was approved for the surgery in March. I'm choosing to go then because it will give me enough time to come up with the money between now and then. I haven't put down the 500 deposit yet to reserve the date. I have so many things running through my mind right now! Like will I be able to get plane tickets around that time because it will be near spring break? And I'm thinking of when should I make my hotel reservation? I looked on Southwestairlines.com and I can't even book this far in advance lol I think that I'm going to drive myself crazy....[/quote']

Congratulations! I remember being in your exact shoes! Which surgeon did you choose? Almost all of them are fabulous!! Isnt the hotel stay included in your medical pkg?? You should be able to get your flight, with a good price, up to about 6 wks before you leave! Heres an idea, you can ask friends and family for southwest airline giftcards for Christmas, birthdays, etc! ;)

I'm planning on going to the Jerusalem Hospital with Dr. Almaraz. And that's a great idea about the gift cards! I didnt think about that :) Thanks! Oh! And the recovery house is included in the package, but the night prior to surgery I'm responsible for staying in a hotel on my own.

Hmmm that's odd - What's the overall cost for Almaraz? I went to Aceves, and they paid for my hotel stay (included with my cost) and then the 3 nights at the hospital before discharge. I only paid about $9000 when everything was said and done.

Almanza is one of the less expensive ones, and I hear that is how it works. I paid 200 (with a small discount) more with Dr Kelly, and he admitted me and my family that were were also sleeved, into the hospital, the day before our surgeries. Almanza has a schedule that he picks ppl up from SD, and so if you get there after that you will need to get a hotel overnight. At least that is what I understand.

That's true. It's around $4,500. I will get there te day prior to my surgery, but will have to pay for a hotel. The other nights I stay in the hospital, then move over to the recovery house-all that is included in the $4500.

I'm too having my surgery with Dr Almanza. I have heard good things about him. Im too staying in the recovery house. You can see the feedback from the people who had surgery with him in YouTube. Type Jerusalem hospital. I also was undecided which doctor. But I decided Dr Almanza. I believe he also has the sleeve surgery.

Good luck girl.!!!!