Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had mine out during my sleeve.

Did you know it was coming out or wake up to find the took it? LOL

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

I have gall bladder issues also. But being I use Fitday religiously I was able to pin point both attacks and what leaded up to these attacks. Both times I fat loaded. Peanut butters, meats that are NOT lean, and cheeses is what did it to me. Fat grams were in excess of 50g but no more than 70g. Yeah I was retarded. But since I found what I believed to be the culpret I havent had any more attacks yet. Waiting to see what happens.

Yuck, I had the sludge a couple of years ago. Had the nuclear medicine test, and they took it out. I instantly felt better. Even immediately post surgery, I felt better than when I went under for the procedure. I guess that is one less thing I need to worry about for this journey! I had it out and was back at work the next day. A little tired from the anesthesia, but other than that I was fine. I didn't even take any pain meds after leaving the hospital.

Ok. So I'm back at the hospital. Had another attack. Same kind of pain however the intensity was only 8 this time. Last time it was an excruciating 10. But before the pain got too bad I did take a dilaudid which is a painkiller I was given after my surgery on 4-24-12 that I never used. It made my pain go away but made me very loopy. I am still at the hospital because I want to get everything checked out. They are giving me a at scan soon

For those of you that have had your gallbladder out have you had to change your diet even more or are there certain things that you absolutely cannot eat anymore?

They still don't think it's my gallbladder but whatever it is I need to know. I have a full time job in which I do a lot of driving so I can't take painkiller while I'm at work if I ever get this pain. Plus it's just scary to not know what a pain is coming from

I ate one light string cheese and about 5 fork fills of potato salad... So I did eat some fat but not any crazy amount... Perhaps that was the cause??

Any ideas anyone???

Any similar experiences ?

I think it might be best for you to go ahead and yank it out. Most say once pulled its a relief but some also say they still get some pains even though its removed.

One of those times where you flip a quarter I guess. I just know in my case I watch my fats big time.

Ok. So I'm back at the hospital. Had another attack. Same kind of pain however the intensity was only 8 this time. Last time it was an excruciating 10. But before the pain got too bad I did take a dilaudid which is a painkiller I was given after my surgery on 4-24-12 that I never used. It made my pain go away but made me very loopy. I am still at the hospital because I want to get everything checked out. They are giving me a at scan soon

For those of you that have had your gallbladder out have you had to change your diet even more or are there certain things that you absolutely cannot eat anymore?

They still don't think it's my gallbladder but whatever it is I need to know. I have a full time job in which I do a lot of driving so I can't take painkiller while I'm at work if I ever get this pain. Plus it's just scary to not know what a pain is coming from

I ate one light string cheese and about 5 fork fills of potato salad... So I did eat some fat but not any crazy amount... Perhaps that was the cause??

Any ideas anyone???

When mine was a problem, almost anything I ate other than fruit or vegetable juice bothered me. broth was okay. I couldn't eat any fat or Protein without incident. I never had gall stones, just a bunch of sludge. I lived on Rx nausea meds until they took it out. I left the hospital feeling better immediately after removal, back at work the next day.

Any ideas anyone???

I just got out the hospital Sat. I had the same pain. I was told first it was my liver then my gallbladder. Then my pancreas. I was on antibiotics and given meds for my gallbladder. I stayed in the hospital for 6 days on iv fluids.

<br />Sincerely<br /> Z

Are you fine now? Did they remove anything or just give you meds? I've had blood tests EKG X-ray cat scan an ultrasound and they haven't found ANYTHING. I made an appointment with a gastro doc so we will see what happens

I am terrified of this continuing to happen and without a diagnosis I don't know what behaviors to

Change...

Are you fine now? Did they remove anything or just give you meds? I've had blood tests EKG X-ray cat scan an ultrasound and they haven't found ANYTHING. I made an appointment with a gastro doc so we will see what happens

I am terrified of this continuing to happen and without a diagnosis I don't know what behaviors to

Change...

I had a friend who went through this for far too long. Too many drugs. Missed a work promotion, etc. They even sent her for psych counseling. Finally she switched Gastro docs. The new doc did exploratory surgery and found adhesions on the outside of her stomach and intestine. These don't show up when you scope the inside! She'd had a car accident 2 years prior and had internal damage that went undiagnosed. Cleaned the adhesions and bam! No drugs, no pain, vomitting.

I'm hoping when I go to the gastro doc I get something figured out. I asked my mom very seriously if it could all be in my head. She said no. When I get the pain I have tried to do self soothing things like breathing slowly. Laying differently. Ice packs etc but to no avail...

I thought it could be mind over matter but it didn't work

I feel like the docs at the ER are goin to think I'm crazy.

Change...

They give me Ursodiol 300 mg for my gallbladder. Its better. I 2x a day. I have shortness of breath now. When I walk I get tried and my heart beats fast. If it does not get better I will call in the morning. I've lost a lot of weight. Im off my high blood pressure medication and metforin. My start weight before surgery was 250, then 223 now 217 as of last Sunday. I've been using vapor rub and airlife pump. My dizziness has improved. I had a chance to eat a little tuna fish.

<br />Sincerely<br /> Z

I feel like the docs at the ER are goin to think I'm crazy.

They might, but you're not. That kind if thinking is what happens when people, who are trained to find problems and solve them, can't. They start to look for other solutions that become a slippery slope. Listen to your body, your wisdom and persist. And trust your mother :)

I'm hoping for a fast next step.

Alright. Back in the ER again. And on my three month surgiversary. Yay me. Same pain. I took a painkiller but still want to get checked out. Went to a different hospital this time instead of the one I went to the last two times... As I feel they didn't really care or believe me. Need to get this figured out. Hoping for a new opinion. I'll update this when I get more information.