Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah, I'm bringing it up again

I think you said it well. My mom tells me Dawg has never, ever been negative about anything on this board and always seemed impartial (to whatever extent he could manage). He has as much right here as someone who is here to learn about lap banding. I don't have the band yet, but I'm here!!

By the way my mom, Dody, wanted me to tell you hi and wishes you luck in your journey.

Everyone should have someone representing them on the board for support if they can't be here for whatever reason...and yes most are suspended, that is known fact. There is no damage being done by being support for those that are banned. They made mistakes. They are human. Dawg did nothing. He has the right to be here like everyone else on this forum whether banded, unbanded, or looking at the band. It is after all a support forum.

I am here to support my Mom's weight loss journey and keep her informed; Mr. 3 Loves is doing the same for his wife; why on earth should Dawg's experience be any different. The people banned still need the help provided from the forum however they can get it. They paid the ultimate price, so please be kind to those at least representing them or continuing their own journeys with or without the band. We are all God's children.

Thanks for you time,

Brooklynn

Back to the original topic, I WANT FUNNY BACK. It's a shame that it has come to people feeling that there is enough b.s. in their lives that they don't need it on what is supposed to be a support board.

I don't know Funny, never met her (even though we both live in the same county here in FL), but I enjoyed her posts. If she wasn't offering true support, she was making me laugh. Hell, she even got me on her dam Soup train! I think that it is a shame that she has left.

We don't all have to agree all the time, but we are supposed to be adults. This board will not be the same if you all allow Funny to leave without a fight, let her know that the majority of us care about her and want her here with us.

Okay. So a few people want to know my story about my band experiences.

Alrighty. Let me give you my full biography and experience.

I joined LBT in January after my wife informed me about a great support forum. She entered the pre-op diet on Dec. 21st of 2005 and at the same time I began a life changing diet to counteract my own food demons.

During the period between Dec. 21st and present day I have spent a substantial portion of my free time researching and becoming informed about the Lap-Band and some might state that I am pretty well informed.

I experienced my wife's post surgery experiences and her day to day living experiences. I have always pre-faced my advice with "speaking as an unbanded individual" to ensure that everyone knows who I am, and what I am.

I could easily just give up on the vast majority of this community but I feel I would be giving in to the minority. I have some knowledge about the band, and I have some knowledge of what life is like with the band.

Can I feel the band? Nope. Can I feel what a PB is like? Nope. Do I know what good restriction feels like? Nope. Have I claimed to? Nope.

Lets be clear about a few items.

1. Some people hate my wife for whatever reasons. Some people hate me for whatever reasons. I'm here to support people with the lap-band. If you think I am unqualified to do that, enjoy your opinion.

2 I think everyone in this thread would be best served by moving on. I acknowledge your write to continue the fight and keep this rolling, but to what avail? Are you going to keep the fight going until you (any of you) get banned too?

3. I honestly am surprised at all the posts where you keep posting "shut up". Erm... stop posting "shut up" and it will help it shut up. Yes - I could be seen as doing the same thing but I am addressing specific accusations and insinuations that I have no right to be here.

4. I have stated to the moderators directly "If you feel my presence on this board is negative, I will happily move on". At this time they have not requested that I do so.

If you have a problem with me being here, or if you have a problem with me not having a band, or if you just have a problem that my father inseminated my mother - PM me and we'll sort it out privately.

This ball NEEDS to stop rolling before everyone in this thread ends up with "Account Suspended" under their name.

I get it. It's just like if MY husband decided to participate on a board for nursing mothers because he was nearby when I was one.

Even if my husband HAD spent "a substantial portion of [his] free time researching and becoming informed about" lactation for a period of eight months or so, he still wouldn't have either any professional training or an iota of experience to offer to those who wanted to nurse their babies, those who had successfully nursed their babies, those who were considering nursing their babies or those who tried nursing their babies and gave up.

Now, if he wanted to start a support group for husbands of nursing moms, that would be a whole different story. But, of course, that kind of group would be best located away from the moms' group, because there are different and sometimes overlapping issues involved.

This is NOT just about you as an individual, Dawg. I've been on several boards over several years and the presence of a spouse almost always complicates issues...even when both have HAD wls. And, if you think THIS has been a mess, you ought to see what happens when a couple breaks up and shares every detail with the board. But my analogy also applies to other friends and family members.

It's also about the new and relatively new members who are really here to facilitate access of recently banned members. As hard as it is to accept, REAL support isn't always about helping our loved ones do what they want to do (or think they want to do)...sometimes it's about helping them understand it's just time to move on.

Sometimes, the moving on is a good thing. When our daughter was tossed out of the college choir after two years, the choir director said it was because she "just wasn't that good a singer." For about five minutes, she wanted to fight her eviction. And I wanted to jump in and whop his ass on her behalf. But then, at only age 21 or so, she had the wisdom to realize that it was just time to move on. Imagine how silly that choir director looked when our daughter was cast as the female lead in the college's musical. Had she stayed in the choir, she'd have been just one anonymous voice and would not have had time to even audition for the musical.

Moving on--no matter how painful those first steps are--CAN be the first steps on a path to growth.

Reprinted with permission of the Original Author:

I may be wrong, but to me a rant is long winded monologue. A rave is an excited or passionate post.

The description of the Lap-Band Talk Rants and Raves is “Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave. Enter at your own risk!”

I may be wrong again, but I assumed that “Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave” meant to debate civilly but with passion and to debate topics that do not belong in other sections, because they stir up anger and passion (like religion, politics, etc).

I may be wrong a third time, but I doubt if the owner of Lap-Band Talk expected this type of “no respect” fighting. I thought we were adults here. Most of these “fights” basically fall into one of three categories:

1. (S)he did it first

2. (S)he is bad, I am good or they are bad, we are good

3. Did, did not

I will not be drawn into these fights. I feel that people who respect this forum should not be drawn into them. I feel that people with self respect should not be drawn into them. My quoted post from above has become the object of a mini-debate. The debate about my post has remained civil, but rather than have anyone guess my intention for posting it, I felt that it would be better to give the reason to those concerned straight from the horse's mouth, though someone may counter that it seems like it was straight from the horse's ass, but I can live with that.

Tis better to Light One single Candle than to Curse the Darkness.

Tis better to be One single Member who doesn't type that One Last Reply than to Curse another Member who could not restrain from typing that One Last Reply.:help:

Last reply :)

Wow, exactly my sentiments Brooklynn. Im with you on that one.

Now I'm heading out to the gym. Later folks.

You say you don't argue Tired Old Man and are above it. I commend you for the fact you think that is true, yet I've seen post after post from you that has nothing to do with lap banding (the issue at hand) and is about religion ( a very touchy subject not allowed on my forum) and about politics (also a big no no on my forum). These subjects you realize incite people to react, and yet you don't seem to care. Tell me what makes you just a cut above everyone else here? I'd truly like to know.

You are the politician

You are the self-appointed minister, rabbi, priest, etc.

You are the weatherman

Did I miss anything?

You talk about ranting and raving, yet your posts are usually the longest ramblings on the board.

Good luck to you..but don't throw stones from glass houses. I've seen you argue (wait you would rather call it debating wouldn't you?) and this is my last reply.

What if you have run out of candles? I would not curse the darkness. What is there to fear? I would simply ask God to hold my hand and all would be well in my world.

Thanks for your time,

Brooklynn

For someone who is a "Lover, not a fighter" thats was a pretty ugly post. Or would YOU rather call it "debating". The way I read it, your telling him off and the stating "this is my last reply".... hmmmmmmmmmmm

I agree nursekathy... for a new poster, that's a pretty nasty post about a respected and respectful member of the forum.

I think you said it well. My mom tells me Dawg has never, ever been negative about anything on this board and always seemed impartial (to whatever extent he could manage). He has as much right here as someone who is here to learn about lap banding. I don't have the band yet, but I'm here!!

By the way my mom, Dody, wanted me to tell you hi and wishes you luck in your journey.

Everyone should have someone representing them on the board for support if they can't be here for whatever reason...and yes most are suspended, that is known fact. There is no damage being done by being support for those that are banned. They made mistakes. They are human. Dawg did nothing. He has the right to be here like everyone else on this forum whether banded, unbanded, or looking at the band. It is after all a support forum.

I am here to support my Mom's weight loss journey and keep her informed; Mr. 3 Loves is doing the same for his wife; why on earth should Dawg's experience be any different. The people banned still need the help provided from the forum however they can get it. They paid the ultimate price, so please be kind to those at least representing them or continuing their own journeys with or without the band. We are all God's children.

Thanks for you time,

Brooklynn

Tell your Mom I said Hello!!!

or it gets the hose again.....ha ha ha. My daughter loves to quote that movie....ugh what is the lotion line again? remember he puts lotion in the basket and lowers it down to her?? Damn what does he say??

"It puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose again"