Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just ate a few bites (small bites) of tuna. I am 12 days port op and should still be on liquids but i cant get Protein Shakes down and needed something. I freaked out third bit in and feel kinda funny now could i have caused a leak in my sleeve, im scared i just completly messed up! HELLLLLLLLP

Best bet would be to call your surgeon/nutritionist, and ask them. I hope you're well.

I'm still pre-op, but I think you should call your surgeon's office. That's what they are there for. Tell them the truth; keeping secrets from your doctor is never wise.

Whenever you are concerned or not feeling well please don't hesitate to call your doctor and get seen. Your health is way too important for you to sit and wonder. I would call to be on the safe side. As for Protein at your food stage see if you are able to take in chicken broth. Hope you are okay...

Every doctor is different as far as advancing the diet but I'm 15 days post-op and would be allowed to have tuna salad (if I liked it) as long as the chunks weren't too big. As far as a leak, I'm not sure what the symptoms are but it's not a bad idea to call. But, remember, every new food you add into your diet could cause a new reaction you've never experienced before.

You only get to heal once, do it right. You can puree tuna fish to make it an applesauce consistency if you can't tolerate shakes. Feel better soon!

Most likely, you'll be just fine. But definitely call your surgeon if you have sharp, sudden pain that last longer than an hour or any type of fever/chills. I thought every bubble of gas was a leak, but after some frantic calls to my surgeon he alleviated my fears by telling me, "You will know if it's a leak. It's far worse than the gas pain, like 10 times worse, with more symptoms of sweating, chills, nausea." I don't know if that's true, but he was always right for me.

Solid or mushy foods at 12 days out will make you feel weird, that's normal. You still have a lot of swelling down there and it's going to revolt for a while. I wouldn't do it again, just talk to your doctor and nutritionist about the struggle to get in Protein shakes, see what they recommend. Perhaps you should try another brand that could be easier to get down? There are many brands that make more savory or unflavored Protein that you can add to broths or strained Soups. I liked those better in the first month because the warmth of the Soup was comforting (then again it was February).

I don't think you could hav caused a leak. But, you should contact your doctor just to be sure!

I just ate a few bites (small bites) of tuna. I am 12 days port op and should still be on liquids but i cant get Protein shakes down and needed something. I freaked out third bit in and feel kinda funny now could i have caused a leak in my sleeve' date=' im scared i just completly messed up! HELLLLLLLLP[/quote']

I am 12 days too and got the ok to go to puréed/soft foods on Thursday Tuna included.

I am officially tired if Protein shakes!!!!

S/n My PA frowned I told her I had black bean Soup but when I told her It was homemade and it wasnt from a can except the Beans were low sodium she was ok with that

Sent from my iPhone using VST

If you are feeling no pain then I would not worry about the leak, call you doc, too.

Here is a suggestion: There is canned chicken and roast beef that us called a "spread" if you can't take any protien drinks, take about a third of a can to half a cup of cambells V8 Soup - either butternut squash or veggie blend or broccoli, and add about 2-4 oz Water and blend the heck out of it, sift it and that will give you at least some protien, and veggies, too

or

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored protien in some soup - but keep the soup under 130 degrees...blend well

Mootopia milk - 12g to 8 oz - it has half the sugars, lactose free and comes in regular, vanilla or chocolate...if you take 8 oz, 4 0z of ice cubes and a scoop of Unjury unflavored you know have a 12 oz 32 g protien drink...

consider the protien shots in the little vials - I have heard that our body "does not absorb it as well" but I have heard just the contrary from a much more reliable source...

I would guess you have not caused a leak. This is your body's way of telling you that you are not ready to advance to that level, yet.

Whenever you re-introduce any food, it is important to take one bite and assess how it feels before you go for a second bite. You just had 85% of your stomach removed. The stomach is the mechanical part of digestion. It may not be ready to process tuna just yet. It will ... just not today.