Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 Days Out, Feeling Down But No Good Reason

I don't know why I am feeling down, but I am! I am down 30 pounds almost...you know the scale, a pound or so up or down, I am healed up and feeling fine. I can't drink anything unless it is super cold and I am starting to learn that the pre op diet isn't the same as the post op diet...yogurt, pudding, cottage cheese, bullion or cream Soups, are not really working for me. I hate cooking for my husband, I don't want to go to the grocery store, it's just miserable. I want to get rid of my school clothes ( I am a teacher ) but still not 100% convinced it's going to work. I feel like any day now I will stop losing weight. Anyone have any advice? Oh, and it's great that I lost 30 pounds, but I think even if I lose 60, I will still be 250 pounds when I go back to work in September....still fat....

I went through these same feelings and I promise you that it does get better. Give it another week or so and you will see. My surgeon told me that he wishes he could give a magic sleeping pill for those first couple of weeks because of the different emotions we have to deal with. Its really ruff for some of us. Im 3+ months out and 80 lbs down and I feel amazing. This surgery works and will work for you. Keep up the good work and prepare to feel great. It will happen soon.

It's time to give yourself a break and pamper yourself. This is a major surgery you've been through and you are having some hormonal changes. No big deal. Your body is working hard to repair the trauma your going through. Rest, drink a lot of Water, more water, and Protein. You are doing fine. CONGRATS by the way! Can't wait to hear about more weight loss! Cheers! :)

So many changes and just not enough time to prepare for the shock after surgery. 30 pounds loss is so good, you should be really proud of yourself. Just take a deep breath and try to think about all the reasons you had the surgery. Any bad feelings you have will fade away. Do yourself a favor (if you can afford to do it) and go shopping..buy yourself something nice..I can bet ya it'll be smaller than what you were wearing. The surgery will work as long as you are abiding by the guidelines put forth by your doctor..which sounds like you are since you have lost a whopping 30 pounds!!! If you aren't doing this already,,check it out..there is a Labor day challenge where you can set up how much you want to lose by the holiday, it's not too late. It's a great motivator and will keep you focused. Here's the link so you can read about it. Good luck hun.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/43784-labor-day-challenge-2012/