Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm thinking that this is normal to feel SO SCARED am I making the right choice not knowing the faster affect on how I will feel I'm driving to work this mourning and I'm like OMG it's almost here why am I doing this to myself I'm having 2nd thoughts

First, take a breath. I don't think there is one single person on this board that can honestly say that they didn't feel this way. Lord knows I did. But the morning of surgery, I had a calmness that came over me. I knew I was doing the right thing. You are smart to question it. But I can honestly tell you it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. This surgery is very safe. You will make it just fine. Just keep a positive attitude and you will be great.

Its normal to be scared. I don't know how many times I talked my self into canceling my first visit. I have a little over a month until i go in for surgery and a little over a week for my stomach scoping. I personally i am more fearful of the scoping. Hang in there everyone that I know personally that has had the surgery is very happy that they went through it.

You know doing this diet was really hard or me and the reasons why I'm having 2nd thoughts is cause I I'm cheating on this diet not by much maybe 200 calories over how am I going to eat right after the surgery so basically I'm saying if I can't do it now how am I going to do it after its the mental thing once I over come this I guess I'll be fine I didn't know I was addicted to food it's insane

Oh my ,I feel the same way Phillygirl. I know this is what I want, but I have so many worries. Why do we do this to ourselves?

Is it because we always put everyone first and we don't know how to handle the fact that we are actually doing something (elective so to speak) for ourselves??? I honestly think that is some of my guilt. I feel I'm taking part of my boys summer away and my husband is using his vacation time on me, not as a family! Then there's this fear of leaving my kids behind if something went wrong. My youngest (8) has Severe separation anxiety since our grandmother died. (we were very close, He thought/thinks I'm going to die with her)

I also know 2 ppl first hand who have life debilitating complications from gastric bypass, and a person who passed away from lapband. I can't help but have that linger in my head at all times. I also know A lot of people that have had successful sleeve and bypass. it's a mind game!

I can say for myself, I have believe in my head/heart this is the best thing for myself and Give it to God!

Last minute jitters are totally normal for everybody except Philadelphians. Philly peeps ain't scared of nothin' :D

But seriously, most ppl have concerns as the surgery draws near. Most ppl find it very difficult to stay on their pre-op diet. My standard advice is to write down all the things that your weight keeps you frm doing or makes more difficult. Also write down any problems you have due to excess weight. Do the same with where you will be in 10 years w/o surgery and then with.

Keep that list handy then when you start wondering if you are doing the right thing look at the list. When reality stares you back in the face the emotional reaction will fade.

I wish I had found this forum before I got sleeved, because I was TERRIFIED! I can't count the number of times I was ready to back out, including the day I was walking into the hospital. I kept thinking, it's not too late, I can just turn around and go home. Now after reading this forum for several weeks, I realize that almost everyone feels this way. What helped me was sitting down and reviewing my reasons for doing this, which was also suggested by O.T.R.Sleever earlier in this topic. I have a list entitled "Things I Hate About Being Fat" It starts out with a message to myself saying, when the going gets tough and you think you can't do this, read this list." I also have a list of "Things I look forward to being able to do when I am thinner and healthier" I looked at them every time I got scared. It helped ALOT. Hang in there. Keep yourself busy for the next five days and know that you have a huge group of people out here that are pulling for you and that will support you before and after!!

It's normal to be scared about the unknown , but I can only speak for myself , it's the best thing I've ever done. Had surgery on Christmas 2011 and lost 95 lbs so far, 55 lbs to goal. I've never been sick . You live for life, not for food.< /p>

Good luck !

Beth

Thank you all so much for every encouraging word!!! It is so comforting to know we have such a wonderful support group.

Thank you!

It's normal to be scared about the unknown ' date=' but I can only speak for myself , it's the best thing I've ever done. Had surgery on Christmas 2011 and lost 95 lbs so far, 55 lbs to goal. I've never been sick . You live for life, not for food.

Good luck !

Beth[/quote']

Lol love ur name ha ha wow 95 lbs that's great

Thank you all so much for every encouraging word!!! It is so comforting to know we have such a wonderful support group.

Thank you!

I love this site If I can't get the support by my own family And friends I know where I can get it here

I know how you feel. I cheated for the first time yesterday and I want to kick myself. But I'm going to stick to it now til wednesday when I have to switch to all Clear Liquids. I have my endoscopy on monday and I think if I can make it through that ok then surgery on thursday should be no problem.

I agree we all have fears about the procedure. It's tough to put your life into your surgical teams hands.....give up that control. But thinking about it, they are giving the control back to us.

I have 4 days to go before I'm sleeved. I have sone fears, but more excitement than anything. My spouse was just sleeved on April 4th. It was tough getting enough Protein and drinking enough early on, but not horrible. She's 3 month out and has lost 47 lbs including pre-op.

Good luck to everyone. We'll all do amazing!