Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC September Chat

Faybie... you look amazing!! I definately see a lot of change in your face!

Thanks to everyone for your comments, its so encouraging when people notice it too, it means it's not all in my head lol :confused:

I have my first fill on monday and I am going to go ahead with it, I haven't had any restriction for a few days now and will power is not something I possess! I havent gained or lost anything in about 2 weeks now so I'm looking forward to seeing the scale move again! Wish me luck!

Faybie... you look amazing!! I definately see a lot of change in your face!

He he yea you look great too! I remember looking at your pics thinking to myself wow... 32 pounds and you can really tell. I was wishing that my 25 pounds would show that much, I had no idea that it did until I put the two faces side by side.

Funny how our mind plays tricks on us and we see ourselves that way. I still saw myself looking like the picture on the left. When I showed my 12 year old son, he said that he has always seen me looking like the picture on the right. I just gave him a big hug at that point.

Wow Faybie what a difference You look great!!! I also dont see a change in myself but everyone else does and the weight is coming off from somewhere so I know it's working

Today when I was getting ready for work I realized I desperately needed to do laundry. The only clean "work" shirt I had left was the one I wore in my "before" pictures. I've been avoiding wearing it since then. I didn't want to put it on and not be able to tell a difference. NOT a problem!

As soon as I put it on, I could tell it felt looser around the arms. And around what passes for my waist. I practically skipped to work. lol.gif

BTW: I'll be updating my ticker tomorrow.

Today when I was getting ready for work I realized I desperately needed to do laundry. The only clean "work" shirt I had left was the one I wore in my "before" pictures. I've been avoiding wearing it since then. I didn't want to put it on and not be able to tell a difference. NOT a problem!

As soon as I put it on, I could tell it felt looser around the arms. And around what passes for my waist. I practically skipped to work. lol.gif

BTW: I'll be updating my ticker tomorrow.

Nice, Nice! grats on the NSV!!!!!

Hey I just noticed tomorrow is October 1st. Time to start a new thread for ABC ~ October chat. I'll do it now, its' already October is Australia, right? LOL!! I guess we can start using it whenever!!!

Pebbles: I am so sorry you are feeling so yucky.

I have suffered from severe depression for years (thank God for medications), and can relate to what you are going through. Being alone (while not on my medication) was a very agonizing time for me; if physically hurt. PLEASE call your doctor/surgeon and discuss this with them. There are medications out there to help, even if it is only while you are healing. DON'T be ashamed to ask for help, it is very normal.

As for your mom's comments about ice-cream. I have had to remind my hubby several times that I had surgery so I wouldn't eat a gallon of ice-cream. To satisfy your cravings is normal. If you don't satisfy them as they come, you will satisfy them all together at onetime and eat the gallon of ice-cream. Also, you are back to the "healing" phase. This is a time of healing, not loosing weight. I know you have been through the healing process for your band, but guess what, you are back to that phase again, even if it is for another surgery.

Hang in there! Things will get better. I am glad to see your are crying as this can be a big help for the release of some of those depression feelings.

If you need to, please feel free to PM me.

Faybie,

Thanks you so much for taking on such a huge project!!! I nominate you ABC member of the month!!!:confused:

Forget of the month!!! I go for ABC member of the decade!!! :nervous

So I was stalled at 32lbs lost for 2 weeks, then last night I was very very bad, I went out for Mexican food.... I ordered Queso Fundito (sp?) and I had 2 flour shells with it and some refried beans....I felt guilty, so guilty that I woke up in the middle of the night and HAD to weigh myself...I had LOST a pound! I was in shock, I thought "okay, my eyes must be too foggy to read this right...I'll try again in the morning" So I weighed myself in the morning and I had dropped two more pounds! I lost 3 lbs over night after eating mexican food, flour shells and all....I really think there is something to the increase in calorie thing....I might just have to do mexican everytime I dont lose for a couple weeks LOL J/K!!

hahaha Jamie. I've had that happen before too. I'm stuck at around 25 pounds. I keep going between the same three pounds still so I'm having a fill on Oct 3rd for sure. I can hardly wait. People at work are going nuts though about how much weight I've lost. I'm trying to kill my scale addiction though. It's HARD! hahaha. I'm thinking about having hubby steal the batterys and only put them in once a month or something. How often do you all weigh yourself?

Josette,

I have major scale addiction, I weigh myself at least every other day! sometimes twice in one day! I was trying to figure out what time and day I weigh the least in the begining and I found that I weigh less on the weekends and the most on Wed. lol I also weigh the least in the morning which is normal and... I NEVER weigh myself at that time of the month :confused: Thats just depressing lol

Awww, Jamie. You're signature is so sweet!!!

Okay....very happy today. I weighed myself this morning and Yay!!! I'm down 3.3 pounds since Thursday!!! Woo Hoo!!! I had a fill yesterday and was trying to stay off the scale till Monday but just couldn't do it.

This fill is much more restrictive than the last one. I'm on liquids and was eating wonton Soup last night (the family had Chinese) and decided to take a tiny piece of the wonton....big mistake!!! It was stuck in my stoma for hours. Guess I should listen to the doctor...liquids for 3 days!!

Thanks LosinIt for the advice I'm starting to feel better except today I have a Migraine and it sucks. As for my mom's comment about the Ice Cream I don't mind it I told her before the surgery I wanted her to help push me and although it might not be what I want to hear sometimes I like that she is trying to help and sometimes it is what I need to hear. So I really think she's doing it for my best interest. She knows how bad I want to lose this weight and how hard I've tried in the past. So even though I dont always want to hear that I shouldnt eat certain things Im glad she reminds me at least it makes me think twice before I eat it and if its something I still want after thinking twice then I have it anyway LOL.

Pebbles: Glad to hear you're feeling better!! I was really getting worried about you. Just remember, when you are feeling down, we are all here for you. I know the ABC has been my saving grace many, many times!!!