Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Hi Everyone-

I am so glad I found this thread! I haven't read through all the posts yet but I wanted to stop in to say hello and introduce myself.

I live and work in Boston and was Banded on October 3, 2007 at MGH by Dr. Ferguson (LOVE him!!). I am down just over 60 lbs so far. I have gotten a little lazy the last few months (a ton of weight came off and I was feeling great and pleased with myself and got a little lax on my efforts :thumbup: ) but I am back on track now! I am about 15 lbs away from my initial goal of being under 200 lbs for the first time since college! I had hoped to be there by my birthday on the 15th but what can you do?

Most of the patients at my Weight Center are Bypass patients so I am really thrilled to find a community of local Banders!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I am SO ready for the long weekend! I look forward to hanging out here often!

BeantownDiva

Hey everyone! I am from Wilmington MA, i am 25 years old and was banded in January of 2008. i am down 40lbs since i started this journey. i had my surgery with dr.kim at NEMC. Just wanted to say HI to all the fellow bandsters!

Edited by Lisa51683
-

Hey I am also from Wilmington, MA... nice weight loss. I am going to Lahey Clinic. They have a wonderful program there.

Good luck in future weight loss.

Good Morning! Just checking back in to say hi. I've been away on business. I was so pleasantly surprised to discover that I've lost another 7 pounds since my last NP visit, weighed in yesterday. Think I may have found my 'sweet spot'. not entirely sure. But anyway, Kathleen, sorry I did not return your call. I've been away. Hope all is well with everyone......Liz

P.S. Oops...just noticed that my ticker is incorrect.

Edited by lizb88
correction

Hi Jim...l too am a patient of Dr Haag and you couldn't have found a nicer DR than him..he's awesome..its a long journey with many ups and down, but hopefully a happy ending...l'm in the phase of waiting for insurance approval..its frustrating...l know for myself, the support group do help..common people coming together with the same goal in hind...Be good

Lisa

Hi there!

I have my first "intake" appointment scheduled for 9/12/08 and I can't wait!! I attended both the meetings in May and I have had to wait until September for my first appointment! I guess there are lots of people that are interested. :smile2:

I am 32 years old, live in the Worcester area and my BMI is around 47, Yikes!

I would LOVE to chat with other people about Lapband or Realize band.

Can't wait to meet you all through the boards here!

Kindly,

RazzyRobyn

Edited by RazzyRobyn
posted in the wrong area... I am new here.

Good Morning! Just checking back in to say hi. I've been away on business. I was so pleasantly surprised to discover that I've lost another 7 pounds since my last NP visit, weighed in yesterday. Think I may have found my 'sweet spot'. not entirely sure. But anyway, Kathleen, sorry I did not return your call. I've been away. Hope all is well with everyone......Liz

Hi, another Lahey person, Are you going to the August Lap Band Support Group meeting on Tues. August 26th at 6:00 PM. This will be my first visit since my first one in February. And my first since after being banded.

Hope to see you there.

Pati:rolleyes2:

Hi, another Lahey person, Are you going to the August Lap Band Support Group meeting on Tues. August 26th at 6:00 PM. This will be my first visit since my first one in February. And my first since after being banded.

Hope to see you there.

Pati:rolleyes2:

Hi Pati,

I was banded at Lahey Clinic as well on June 5th. I'm planning on attending that meeting...hopefully we'll meet there! :smile2:

Hi Pati,

I was banded at Lahey Clinic as well on June 5th. I'm planning on attending that meeting...hopefully we'll meet there! :wink2:

Great, hope to see you there. I lost another pound and a half, this week. Was on a plateau for a week. It's slow but steady, Hey excited in my 3rd week since banding and I can get into my size 18 jeans that I haven't worn for 2 years. and Yummy LOL cottage cheese and applesauce. I'm not even really hungry have to now almost force myself to eat. Still on the soy shakes also.

Take care

Pati

I never really took the time to read the site thoroughly and haven't seen the Mass Banders...so I'm here to introduce myself!

I live in Burlington and had surgery at Brigham and Women's with Dr. Robinson. I am 5'10" and started at 304. (size 22 pants) I am now down to 240. (size 16 misses now!) While I'm only down 64 pounds, I feel like a million bucks. I workout at least an hour to an hour and a half every day, doing at least 45 minutes of strength training and 30-45 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. I feel great, but worry about what will happen when I head back to work next week. (I only work parttime in the summer so making time to workout hasn't been an issue....)

My weightloss has definitely slowed in the past 8 weeks, but it's still happening, so I don't mean to complain. I just feel like I'm working so hard to get such small results. I have been changing up my workout routine and am playing around with my diet to see what type of results that might yield.

Only my live-in boyfriend knows I've had surgery. My family wouldn't approve, so I chose not to tell...and I worried that if I were to tell my best friend, she might somehow let on to my parents or family. So...I'm excited to find this thread in hopes of finding people to support what I'm doing, but particularly people who have been in the same position.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! Have a great Labor Day weekend. ;)

Luv2teech:

Hi:

I am one of your fellow Mass bandsters. I wanted to respond to your weight loss slowdown, and some tricks that might kick you back to losses.

I try to change my foods a bit. I don't know why, but this has helped me in the past.

Another thing, change your exercise from one activity to a different one.

I don't know why, but changes seem to make things move a bit.

Another thing to consider is your portion size. If you're able to eat a larger portion than you used to, maybe your band is getting a bit loose. It is normal for it to get looser as you lose weight. Maybe you need a small fill.

You may want to try tracking your intake for a few days. If you are only having about 1000 to 1200 calories a day, plus exercising like you are, you should be losing.

Hope things kick back into gear.

Take care.

Sue

Hey everybody! I posted this on the April 2008 thread, and am asking for advice here too....

Help! If you read this and can advise me, I'd appreciate it. I have a LG VG Allergan band (doc told me 12 cc) and so far I'm filled to 6.5 cc. Last fill was 8/1/2008. I am not hungry between meals, and I'm losing (but not quickly) and wonder if I need the fill that's scheduled for next week. Some days, my band is tight and I can feel full fast. Other days, I can eat whatever I want and more than I should. I'm trying to avoid the yogurts, puddings, Soups (even though they are easy and quick to eat) and limiting the 'junk food' to very small servings/amounts and trust me, this is not often and seriously changed since last summer (pre band). How do you know that you're feeling restriction and if you were me, would you get another fill? Help me, please and all advice appreciated.

thanks in advance ~ Liz

P.S. I haven't attended the lahey clinic support groups since early July but need to get back there in September for sure. It does help.

Hi Liz, good question. going to give you the same advise I'm about to give myself. I have an appointment in 2 weeks. give the pros at Lahey the history , just what you told us, and let them make the call. So far, Pam has never steered me wrong. I'm personally resisting the idea cuz I'm enjoying my current somewhat comfortable fill. playing around with the last 4 lbs, maintaining fairly easily, enjoying things I should not be having!! I've gotten complacent with my current wt., happy to be smaller(I'm down 100 lbs. from my top wt.:biggrin:) and enjoying the notice people are now giving. Yet if I were to step back and take a look, I'm certainly not an "average " person yet!

So glad you asked, I was thinking about canceling my apt. but now, thinking it out for you, guess I got my own answer!!