Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Good to hear Vickie! I was worried about you!

hi all! great job dreamin!

aaa - good luck on the tummy tuck! that's in the future for most of us!!!

chris - howz it goin?

dez

apink

I bought my own ins with blue cross blue shield of ma. My work ins will not pay for the band. I am still waiting for the paper work to go through, the hospital billing sent it to my work ins,they rejected and sent me paper work saying i owe the hospital 18,000.00. So i am still waiting for them to correctly bill blue cross.

I have recieved treatments in the past for breast cancer. on The paper for work ins. for example the treatment the hospital says it cost 3,000,00, but then the hospital agrees to take 1500.00.

I would say If you have to pay out of pocket call the hospital of where you are going to get it done and see what it would cost.

good luck

deb

Hi Dez,

I'm Up For Square One Mall Also. I Go For My Surg On The 8th And My B-day Is The 4th Ohter Than That All Dates Are Ok For Me . Oh Wait I Work Nights No Weekends Though. I Forgot I Had To Work, Ive Been Out Of Work This Week Due Do My Gallbladder Surg And

Bronchitis. How Have You Been? Just Let Me Know The Date And I'll Try To Make It. I'm Sure We'll Have A Great Time.

Hope To Meet You Soon.

Hey everyone!

Dez - I'm doing great thanks for asking. I have moved to mushies so I am in heaven. Hopefully my weight loss won't stop, but I've heard that it does stall a bit on mushies. I am going to keep tracking on fit day so hopefully if I keep staying under 1200 calories I should be ok. I also think it's time to start the exercise now that my incision is doing better!

How are things going for you Dez? How are things now that you've had your first fill?

Hey all, nice to see so many Mass. people here, it's always good to have local support. I was banded in April 06 by Dr. Hess, at Boston Medical Center. I've been doing pretty well, reciently entered onderland, which feels great! Nice to meet you all, and good luck to everyone.

Hi, I am from Westfield and was banded on the 17th. Went home (from Baystate Medical Center) on the 18th and to work on the 19th. No pain from the actual surgery but the gas! Baystate is starting a lapband support group in November for those that want to get together. I think it is the first Monday (the 6th) in conference room 5.

Bostongurl I'd say you've been doing FANTASTIC! :clap2: 69 lbs in 6 months! I can only dream of having such sucess. If you don't mind sharing, how has your journey been so far? How many fills have you had?

Welcome justpaul, and congratulations on the band! Wow - I can't believe you went to work the next day. I was out of commission for a week!

Hey you guys about surgery after losing your weight how long did your doctor make you wait before getting it done I would like to get my boobs done and maybe some Lipo to hips and thighs but i want to lose all my weight first but also I don't want to be into my old age either I am 42

Hi all,

Lorin I am 30 and have had my band since 1/06. I am down 90lbs, and very happy with my band. I seem to be very sensitive to fills, so I am actually only on my 3rd fill and I am going to put off my fourth fill until January (it was supposed to be the end of November). I am at really good restriction right now, and usually have to stick with a shake or maybe oatmeal in the morning.

I had my surgery with Dr.Randall at Lawrence Memorial who (in my humble opinion) is just the best doctor ever. I love him, love him, love him and reccommend him to anyone considering surgery. Warning though, he is tough and doesn't really take any crap from his patients. You can't make excuses, because he expects you to succeed. Which for me is great, because I want to do this for myself and knowing that he believes in me is real motivation. Oh and he is always late.

Congrats on your success swirligirl! Keep up the good work!

hey everone,

sorry it's been so long, i had problems with my computer.

well tomorrow is the big day!!! hoping everything will go ok. well im glad everyone is doing good. i'll post when i'm home from the hosp.

wish me well!!