Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

hi all! when are we ging to plan our ma bandsters get-together? i know some of you live south of the big city but i live on the north shore. sny others out there?

HI CHRISPY,

I'M FROM REVERE, I'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR 11 YRS AND HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD SON. IT IS GREAT TO READ ALL OF THE MESSAGES ON THIS BOARD.

YOU ALL SEEM SO NICE. I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE OUR OWN SUPPORT GROUP WITH THE PEOPLE AROUND THIS AREA. IM

GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD. I'VE BEEN ON O.H. AND FOUND THAT THERE ARE NOT MANY PEOPLE FROM MA ON THERE THAT HAVE HAD THE LAPBAND.MOST ARE RNY AND I WANTED TO SEE THE RESULTS FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD THE LAP BAND. :P

dreamingbig - i live in wakefield, maybe we need to get a group together. i agree with rny comment, a lot of people aroung boston choose that option, which was not for me. the support group at bidmc was made up of more rny than bandsters. wonder why? it makes the discussions hard to follow as our recoveries and eating are just different.

Hey Dezadoo

How Would You Say Your Recovery And Eating Were Different?

Did You Have Restriction From The Start? I Know Some Say They Did And Other Say It Took A Couple Of Months. That One Thing I'm Worried About, I Don't Want To Feel Like I'm Starving All The Time. I Read A Message About Someone Not Having Any Restriction For Almost 5 Months And She Didn't Lose Anything. I Think That I Would Get Very Frustrated With That. Is Ther Anything That You Did Not To Feel Hungry?

restriction from the start, not to the point of sliming but i definitely eat less. i was just not hungry very much. i am hungrier now but its at weird times, 9:30 at nite, about 10:30 am, just off times. sometimes i am too busy at work to eat so i am learning to eat sm meals/snacks thru out the day. i have read some posts where people don;t lose or don;t feel restricted but i just don;t get it, even with no fill i was losing about 1 lb/wk and not eating as much as pre sx.

i say us northshore peeps meet sometime before Thanksgiving! any ideas of places? square 1 mall? a favorite restaraunt? a park so we can walk...the lake in wakefield is gorgeous to walk around with lots of places to sit and rest too.

dez

About 10 miles North of Greenfield,,,which is North of Springfield,,,the town I live in actualy borders Vermont, 3/4 of a mile from my house.

I know you guy's/gals are all near Boston,,thats over 2 hours away.

Hello everyone, my name is Abby and I got banded on 8/17/06 by Dr. Haag. I was doing great and for about two weeks ago I have been at a standstill with the weight loss. Tomorrow 10/3/06 is my first fill and I hope it will change. I have lost 24 lbs in 6 weeks. I can't wait to continue on my journey.:dog::update: I went to get my first fill and have started on my weight loss again, now I am down 30 lbs and feeling great:) , thank god.

say there folks, all tho i had my band in boston i am western ma and work in springfield. I am from the south shore area of boston and that is where all my family still lives. People in this part of the state here say i talk funny, i don't get it? lol

Hey all,

I was banded at the New England Medical Center in Boston on May 9, 2006 . I do not see anyone else from my Hospital here? Well< I hope all is well with everyone.

Hi all mass bandsters I was banded at the Faulkner Hospt. in Aug. 2005

I haven't had as much success as I anticipated. Only lost 40lbs. I had

the bad luck of coming out with an autoimmune disease right after surgery

and my treatment is steroids.:cry If you are aware of this type of medication

it makes you gain weight:mad: I didn't gain but I stopped losing. Thats my

story I hope you all have better success with your journey. I live south

of Boston.

Hello everyone ..It's been a while.. had surgery at Baystate! Both of them Been feeling kind of out of things lately, eating everything and not going anywhere. going in for a small fill next week.. time to get motivated again.