Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Hay Jude, Travel doesn't seem like a problem to me, But then I'm one of the crazy ones that drove myself the 100 miles home 2 days later!( not with the dr's blessing) I did drive much more carefully (and slowly :rolleyes )and I was back to work in 10 days. I was careful that I didn't do any lifting as per my Dr.s orders, but basically I was good to go! I think it may be an individual thing, you need to know your body. I have always bounced back quickly. Good luck on the 15th, and have a great time with your son! OH! ALSO.... it would hugely depend on weather or not the surgery was able to go laparoscopic or open. and that will greatly depend more on you and how much wt you can lose presurgery :confused: !!!

Hey everyone,

Was led to this site last week and I'm very thankful for all you bandsters and to-be banded bandsters for all the information and support that's here. I am having my surgery in 2 days (wednesday 9/26) and I wish I found this site much sooner.

I chose to go to the local hospital in Winchester, and my surgeon is Dr. Sandor. He is such a compassionate surgeon and has a wonderful bedside manner. (And he specializes in laporoscopic surgeries). Has anyone had him?

At the next support group I go to, I will definitely share this website with everyone. The boards will definitely ease any concerns I may have after surgery too.

I volunteered to drive some friends to Logan 8 days out of surgery - after reading the previous posts - I'm thinking maybe I should tell them to have an alternate ride? My surgeon restricted driving for 1 week - I thought it was just so the airbag didn't deploy in the case of an accident... but now I'm having second thoughts. It's only a 20 -25 minute drive each way and I would NOT be picking up their bags.

Good luck everyone.

Brenda

Lot's been happening since I last logged in!

Went to San Diego to visit relatives and do the High School Reunion... NOT! Spent 2 days of my supposed 10, and got a phone call that my hubby was on the table doing open-heart surgery so rushed home! He's doing well now, but it was real touch and go for about a week!

Had my info meeting about the surgery on the 18th. Then last week the Dr's office called and I've my appt with his PA on Oct. 26th, and the nutritionist on Nov 8.

Meantime, weighed in at my TOPS meeting Tuesday night, and even with all this going on I still lost a half pound! That's 9 straight weeks of losing! I sure hope I can keep it up... but the stress is starting to get to me.

Oh! And I found out my son's wife is carrying a baby boy due 2 weeks before my birthday in February!

Lunie

(they need an icon that shows the hair being pulled out!)

Luv2laugh - today is your surgery! I hope it went well :clap2::clap2:

Hello to all of the other posters, Lunie sorry to hear your reunion got called short but glad your husband is ok.

Suemagoo - how is life being banded two months out?

Hope all are well...

I see the surgeon tomorrow and should have a surgery date in the next 3-6 weeks! :bounce:

Margie

Hi Margie:

Two months out things are pretty good. I can pretty much tell now how much I can eat without having a problem. However, I just got my first fill today so that's like the rules are changing again.

It's amazing how things change. I used to "have to walk", and now I "want to walk". I used to try on something and it was too tight. Now I try things on and they're too loose. I even got to go through a trunk and take out clothes that I put away with hopes that they would fit again. Not only do they fit, but alot of them are loose too!

Best wishes to you for a successful banding experience.

Take care.

Sue Magoo

H-324/S-287/C-268.5/G-160

:whoo:HALLOWEEN! (If I accidentally posted two messages, sorry! My computer is acting up).

My surgery with Dr. Schneider is set for 10/31/07. I am so excited. Everyone at the BIDMC has been great and I can't say enough great things about them. Dr. Schneider was very nice and answered all of my questions.

I can hardly wait!

Margie

:whoo:HALLOWEEN!

My surgery with Dr. Schneider is set for 10/31/07. I am so excited. ...

I can hardly wait!

Margie

Congrats Margie!!! I wonder if the nurses dress up at the hospital on Halloween nite!!

Thanks for thinking of me the day of my surgery - I'm 6 days post-op and feeling really good. I walked up and down my street today but I need to do more. I do tire easily though.

Let's here it for the SOX!

I was banded on Friday the 5th. This is the first chance I've had to respond to you all. Everything went well. I had a bit trouble getting past the anestesia (spell) as each time I got up to walk I would feel sick. The nurses and DH convinced me to stay the night at the hospital until it was out of my system. Later that evening they gave me some broth, and afterwards I was just fine. I was walking the halls alot. No problem. I came home the next morning (Saturday). I had, and still have, some discomfort, with I take my meds for when it gets really bad. But not much. I take 1/2 a pill and that's it. I came back to work this morning. Hanging in with the liquids, can't wait till I get to creamed and pureed stage! But it is coming. I have one spot on my tummy that is constantly sore, I think that may be were the port is(?) Hard to tell, I can't feel it through my fat!

So I have officially joined bandland! I am on my way to a new and improved me!

Babs, you must be thrilled and relieved that it's finally over and you are on your way to a new you!!! Yes, the sore spot is most likely the port. That seems to be the worse for everyone pain wise. it will get better. So, welcome and congrats!:whoo:

Sorry I have been missing..

My surgery is Monday the 15th. Have to call today, Fri, to see what time to show up.

Am excited and nervous as can be expected. Have been working like crazy to get stuff off my desk before I go out for 2 weeks..still am going to attempt to travel to WY to see my son for a couple of days.

One of the hard things for me is that I can't be in the pool for Water aerobics until the lap sites heal..I teach water aerobics from in the water at a city pool here in Boston..I miss it already. :cry

So wish me luck:whoo:

and best to all of you!

jdot

I was banded on Friday the 5th. This is the first chance I've had to respond to you all. Everything went well. I had a bit trouble getting past the anestesia (spell) as each time I got up to walk I would feel sick. The nurses and DH convinced me to stay the night at the hospital until it was out of my system. Later that evening they gave me some broth, and afterwards I was just fine. I was walking the halls alot. No problem. I came home the next morning (Saturday). I had, and still have, some discomfort, with I take my meds for when it gets really bad. But not much. I take 1/2 a pill and that's it. I came back to work this morning. Hanging in with the liquids, can't wait till I get to creamed and pureed stage! But it is coming. I have one spot on my tummy that is constantly sore, I think that may be were the port is(?) Hard to tell, I can't feel it through my fat!

So I have officially joined bandland! I am on my way to a new and improved me!

Congrats Barb. Welcome to bandland. I think you're going through the toughest stage now. Things get much better when you can eat mushies. Be patient and let everything heal first.

Take care.

Sue Magoo

H-324/S-287/C-253/G-160