Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Your Exercise Plans This Weekend?

I intend to get in 30 minutes of biking and 1 hour of resistence training, either Saturday or Sunday. And then I hope to get in some swimming. It's so hot the pool might be a good place to spend some time.

So how are YOU going to work your body this weekend?

It's still way too soon for me to get in resistance training, so for me it'll be biking or walking. I will be pushing myself this weekend to get in 8 miles on the bike in one instance, then try to maintain that for a while. I was sleeved a little over two weeks ago. If I walk, then I'll do my best to get back up to five miles a session.

Why is it too soon? I've been lifting weights since the day I got home from the hospital. They were light weights, no more than 10 pounds, but I did it. Of course, I got permission first. You should check with the doc, especially if you want to lift weights. I really wanted to, so I made it a point to ask about it.

Acro-Jam, baby! lol -

hula-hoops (dance not kids), poi, contact juggling and flower-sticks and some yoga afterwards in the park near the Menil Collection, and a bike ride over to the outdoor sympony, and then a kind-of pub crawl, except we don't drink so much as get waters and coffee and juiced green goodness...thats tonight.

Bike in the AM, and after work gardening and *hopefuly* dancing till I drop later! I volunteer dog-walk every other saturday - I think that is this weekend.

Sunday will be full recovery mode till afternoon, when I have my swordsmanship practice.

Sunday will be full recovery mode till afternoon, when I have my swordsmanship practice.

Swordsmanship? The only people I ever knew who practiced that were Fencers or in the SCA. What's the story on swordsmanship?

Can i suggest not worrying about how much you do, as much as doing it? Promise, promise, promise, just moving, just going, is good too - find some things you love, and GET OUT OF THE GYM...lol

I realized I had waited for this too long to spend hours in a gym, not knocking it for all the gymaddics, but this part of it, the getting out and doing - wasn't that what it was about, anyway?

Swordsmanship? The only people I ever knew who practiced that were Fencers or in the SCA. What's the story on swordsmanship?

I do swordsplay with foam (yes, foam) swords, rattan caning, and real swords, among others- just at different times with different groups. The foam is with a group like the SCA kinda - but think less drama, much more mellow, and the weapons arent guaranteed to bust open my stomach at the first jab (dagorhir - you can google it.)

I do swordsplay with foam (yes, foam) swords, rattan caning, and real swords, among others- just at different times with different groups. The foam is with a group like the SCA kinda - but think less drama, much more mellow, and the weapons arent guaranteed to bust open my stomach at the first jab (dagorhir - you can google it.)

Before I google it, sounds very much like LARP. I have several friends who participate in it (LARP) and i was in the SCA for over 20 years before dropping out. Much fun!

Edited to say: Sounds really cool. I may have to check this out up here in my neighborhood.

I will be running 3 miles tomorrow and taking a hour spinning class on Sunday. I will also get some strength training in as well.

Well, I'm a day late on the post since the weekend is here! I went to Zumba this morning and now my hubby and I are going to kayak for the first time. This should be interesting. If it is a success we will probably take it out again tomorrow. I hope u all r having a great weekend!

Rock climbing "date night" with my man!

Looks like people have great plans for the weekend! It's way too hot for me to do anything outside so the gym it is. I actually can't wait for fall so I can do more outdoorsy stuff.

Well I'm late here too! But I hiked up the mountain part way to crater lake, made it half way to the lake, and down again! Then today I hiked up another mountain 1.5 miles to a glacier! Made it to the Glacier! However Crater Lake will not beat me, by next summer I will make it all tge way up!!

Swimming! I get in a great workout, and stay cool at the same time, plus the kids are happy and entertained! I go to my local outdoor pool, and its under 5 bucks for me and 3 younger kids. We usually stay 2-3 hours, so that works out to like 60 cents an hour each, lol good clean fun!