Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op help from spouse??

My husband helpe me with the kids, and the pets. An helping me out of bed since we have a platform bed and it is VERY low to the floor. Other than that I wanted him out of my hair!! LOL Actually he was extremely helpful an mae things very easy on me. He got rid of all the food we couldn't eat (he follows my diet to a "t" so that I don't have the temptation) and even learned how to cook come of the meals I can eat the most so that he gives me a break sometimes. He also went out and bought a bunch of exercise equip, and we have learned how to box together. I think the emotional support from him was WAY MORE helpful than the physical support.

Just remembered and even posted that I've been forgetting about the aloe vera juice. Be sure to have some on your list. You can get it at Wal-Mart. Kathy, the best me, suggested it. She is the Aloe Queen.

What did you use it for???

Back Rubs! Back Rubs! My DH would rub my back - I had those nasty pains from the gas they blow you up with. That and my heating pad were what I wanted most!

Terry :D

I used my wonderful husband as my "go getter", yeah I milked it but hey he wanted to help. I also had him carry my bags etc. In all honesty I had my surgery on a Wed and by Mon I was at Dutch Wonderland with my daughter. Let your husband pamper you, you deserve it. PS I required lots of back and foot rubs to assist with recovering. Good luck!!

YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!

I DIDN'T HAVE ANY C SECTIONS BUT I CAN GUESS THIS SURGERY IS A PIECE OF CAKE COMPARED TO THAT!!! :faint:

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! :D

PS I TRIED THE ALOE juice, I COULD ONLY TAKE ONE berry BOTTLE, NO MORE LOL EVER!!! LOL

I am so glad you posted this! I am having surgery on a Wednesday and I have to go back to school on Monday. I have had 3 c-sections and I can't see this being worse! Yay..thanks for posting!!:clap2:

I went through this entire process all by myself and I was fine.

I think what's going on here, is he *wants* to help. He knows you're going to be in pain and I'm sure he wants to feel needed. No one wants to feel helpless or useless while a loved one is suffering. So even if you don't technically need him to care for you, why not think of a few things he can do to be involved? Tell him you'll need help getting up and sitting down. Ask him to help you find a good Protein Powder and a variety of liquids you can take in during those first couple of weeks. Tell him you're supposed to walk as much as you can and you'll need his help.include him.