Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering how often I should.eat another bite, would a spoon every 5-10 minutes be too much?

Finding it really hard to get my fluids in. I'm 2 days post op.

Getting the fluids in is a chore! It's hard work and frustrates me at times. Have you tried Popsicles sf? You are just a couple of days out and it is really important that you prioritize getting your fluids in first. CONGRATS! :)

This soon after surgery, you just go at your sleeve's pace. That being said, it takes some "work" to get in your fluids for the first 1-2 weeks. But it sounds like you're on it!

When eating Jello, try to let it liquify in your mouth before swallowing - maybe that will help you get more in?

Also, you can make Jello with unflavored Protein (I use Unjury) for an added Protein kick. You just add it the cold Water and mix, then don't add it to the "hot" Water the Gelatin mix melted in until that water is below 130 degrees.

My Doctor's goal for the first week home was 32oz of liquid - he said not to worry about dehydration because they really pump you up full of fluids before you leave the hospital. After the first week you just gradually increase it - as the swelling goes down in your stomach it becomes much easier to get more liquids in. My first week ice chips were my best friend.

No problems getting things down but finding I'm only getting about 45 ml or what ever the marker is! I know it's suppose to be 60 but it's hard!

Do you still have trapped gas in your left shoulder area?

From what I remember, I was allowed to consume about an ounce of Fluid over the course of 10-15 minutes the first couple days. So a spoon of Jello every 10 minutes shouldn't be any trouble. Just go at a pace that's comfortable to you and your stomach while it's new and healing.

Thanks for the replies.. I haven't really tested my sleeve for fear of hurting myself or making myself sick. Having sf hot cocoa and cream of wheat for Breakfast. Taking 1 sip, and one bite every 5-10 minutes seems good right now.

Haven't felt any pressure yet or anything.