Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cant Live Without Products?

I am sure there are posts with this info, but there is just so much it is hard to weed through some times. I am ordering some things that I know will help me post op and just wondering what are some "Cant live without" products that you have found really help.

What have you found is the best way to store cooked food when you cook a full meal and portion yours out for a few days? I have lots of tupperware, etc but just wondering if there is something that keeps more fresh or size wise helps with portions?

What about easiest way to make on the go meals, even when just liquid phase. When I go back to work, just wondering what you have found for keeping what you need at work?

These may be simple...but I know for me, I am most successful when I have everything ready to go and not wait until I get in the middle of it to figure out what works best.

Just asking for ideas or what you like.....(I know everyone is different)

Thank you for starting this topic. I've been wondering the same things!

At work, I have a little fridge under my desk. My plans are to have light soy milk, Jello, etc. in that. I ordered a little milk powder container from Amazon. I have a blender ball shaker with two more arriving tomorrow. I'll keep one of those at work.

At home, I have a Cuisinart compact blender (and the blender ball shakers). To help me to eat smaller portions, I ordered a set of smaller stainless steel utensils. I'm thinking of getting these 1/2 cup containers, but they are cheaper at my grocery store by about $1.

For the pureed stage, I plan to puree meats/veggies and will freeze them in these trays. Each cube is 1 oz. I came across this site http://wholesomebaby...MeatRecipes.htm that has basic information on pureeing your own food.

Edited to add: Lock & Lock has a really small container that would work great for storing post-surgery pureed/soft/etc food. I just remembered that I already have a couple of these. :)

I had my surgery 9 mos ago, I bought a insulated luch bag, nd pck it the night before. Greek yogurt, Protein Drink, boiled egg, cheese ......etc. Best of luck to you

At work, I have a little fridge under my desk. My plans are to have light soy milk, Jello, etc. in that. I ordered a little milk powder container from Amazon. I have a blender ball shaker with two more arriving tomorrow. I'll keep one of those at work.

At home, I have a Cuisinart compact blender (and the blender ball shakers). To help me to eat smaller portions, I ordered a set of smaller stainless steel utensils. I'm thinking of getting these 1/2 cup containers, but they are cheaper at my grocery store by about $1.

For the pureed stage, I plan to puree meats/veggies and will freeze them in these trays. Each cube is 1 oz. I came across this site http://wholesomebaby...MeatRecipes.htm that has basic information on pureeing your own food.

Edited to add: Lock & Lock has a really small container that would work great for storing post-surgery pureed/soft/etc food. I just remembered that I already have a couple of these. :)

@kimbernada>>>big THANKS!!!!! Your post was EXCELLENT!!!!! very informative!

good thread OP i would love to see more HELPFUL threads like this! *pushing this back to the top* BUMPING!!!!

I'm considering getting the baby bullet. It has small storage containers with it for baby food? Not sure yet. I will def be getting the 3 compartment formula storage container in the baby deparent next grocery shop, since most of the Protein Shakes come on a big container, the storage unit would hold 3 servings of powder. I also already got some small "snack containers on the toddler aisle to put my "leftover" food in.

Yes, thanks everyone....especially kimbernada. Your post was very informative and sounds like you are a lot like me, everything planned out and ready to go!

Today I bought an Oster personal blender that comes with a cup that you blend in with the lid. I think it's a wonderful idea for Protein powder drinks and smoothies whatever you wanna make, and it's easy to take on the go.

That is one thing I would recommend. Im trying to figure it all out too! I def want to get some smaller eating utensils as well.

Good Luck!

Johnathan

Yes, thanks everyone....especially kimbernada. Your post was very informative and sounds like you are a lot like me, everything planned out and ready to go!

Great topic, made2beme! A lot of good info! I've been wondering this too (I just like to spend money- lol). I live alone and cooking for one was a challenge when I ate normal (and above normal) portions. I'm looking for creative ideas!

I am looking in antique malls and thrift stores for that one small perfect china plate. I do not know what it looks like yet but I will know it when I see it!

This might sound dumb, but my only "can't live without" thing is my incredibly small bowls. I found these little bowls (by ziplock) at HEB/grocery store when i first had surgery. They hold bearly 1 cup of food (7oz at the most) and also 4 oz ones (3oz at the most) I have used these bowls religiously for my lunches and breakfasts my entire 3 years and still use them. . . they make you eye ball conscience on how much food you can really eat. . . when i go out to eat, i order a regular serving of whatever, but along with the order i also request a togo box, then when the food comes, I immediately put the food, minus my eyeballed 1 cup of food into the togo box and enjoy my meal with my family Friends who don't know I have the surgery just think I weird, but thats ok, cause everyone needs a weird friend, makes them look more normal right? hahaha. . . . good luck

Start looking for a bento box.

Once you are on solids- you will prob want a way to pack a few things in one place.

I know you can find them on Amazon or at Whole Foods- but they are about $30. Keep you eye out local for something that can work for you and you may find one for a bargain.

A bento will be perfect for a few slices of meat, a bit of cheese, some yogurt dip and maybe nuts/veggiesz.

I found the teensy 1/2 cup size Ziplock containers at Wal-mart tonight. I think it was six (with lids) for $2.28.

I forgot to mention that if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a small blender, Hamilton Beach has a nice little smoothie blender that makes a single serving in a travel mug - just under $16.

I'm considering getting the baby bullet. It has small storage containers with it for baby food? Not sure yet. I will def be getting the 3 compartment formula storage container in the baby deparent next grocery shop' date=' since most of the Protein shakes come on a big container, the storage unit would hold 3 servings of powder. I also already got some small "snack containers on the toddler aisle to put my "leftover" food in.[/quote']

I have eyed that twice at Walmart and may consider it