Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved July 2Nd - Monday

Hey All, I first wanted to thank everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers being sent my way! I believe that's what really is getting me through this.

Well I have to say the first day PO while I was still in the hospital was the WORST by far. I was crowned Power Walker on my floor during the night of my surgery but couldn't get those dang gas bubbles from going away! I was uncomfortable that first night and couldn't find a sleep position that worked for me - good thing for the Morphine drip. Yesterday the gas bubbles were still bothering me so I walked, walked and walked. We stopped off halfway home at a park and was able to enjoy the gorgeous weather and get some more walking in haha. I still haven't been able to pass gas but I'm burping like crazy. =)

Before bed last night I took the Carafate and then about 1/2 later took my Lortab which I believe helped me sleep the whole night with no pains! The one thing that I caution about Lortab (which could have totally been just me) is that it's super sweet and It made my mouth instantly Water and almost want to vomit. If I took the dose in baby sips I was able to tolerate it better.

They started me on my liquid diet yesterday before discharge and and wasn't able to tolerate the Jello at all, but the tea and the broth went down just fine.I get to start the next food phase on Friday. I'm being very cautious about introducing new liquids to see how I tolerate them.

As far as meds today I took my Carafate first on my empty stomach and then the protonix pill 1/2 an hour before any food which was recommended and have been alternating chicken broth and sugar free Popsicles. We'll see how today goes, I can already tell I'm healing and getting better each new day!

Congrats on your surgery, hoping the gas bubble phase pass soon for you. I am having sugery on the 16th. I am my preop phase right now. I joined today for support hoping that my emotions settle own some.

Congratulations on your surgery date! Oh believe me, you will have emotions up until they give you the good stuff to put you under!

I forgot to mention that my husband gave me a little distraction during my check in on the day of surgery. He went Vasovagal on me and passed out while they were describing what they will be doing from start to finish. They almost admitted him into the ER. Poor guy!! As I was wheeled into the OR I passed him on a gurney and gave him encouraging words - good luck! LOL I think he managed a good luck to me too heehee. We're still joking about this! I was able to get a pic of him to put in my scrapbook. OH the memories already!

OK I needed to hear that, hope hubby I'd good! That was great!

Congratulations on your surgery date! Oh believe me' date=' you will have emotions up until they give you the good stuff to put you under!

I forgot to mention that my husband gave me a little distraction during my check in on the day of surgery. He went Vasovagal on me and passed out while they were describing what they will be doing from start to finish. They almost admitted him into the ER. Poor guy!! As I was wheeled into the OR I passed him on a gurney and gave him encouraging words - good luck! LOL I think he managed a good luck to me too heehee. We're still joking about this! I was able to get a pic of him to put in my scrapbook. OH the memories already![/quote']

That is freaking hillarious I about threw a titanium staple laughing. My wife is a cna so not squeamish at all, but we watched the full surgery video two weeks before my surgery, kinda freaked me out, and I can't look at my drain without being grossed out.

Okay so first day on stage II foods which will be full liquids for 2 wks. I was able to get down a quarter cup of Malt-o-meal after the protonix and Carafate of course. And then for lunch I was able to tolerate a half a cup of Tomato Soup strained. Not bad since I only get 3 meals a day and at least 64 oz of liquids a day.

I was discouraged at my weight when I weighed myself the first day home from the hospital. (They told me not to weigh myself until I'm a week out, now I know why) I had GAINED 8 lbs just from the bloating/gas they used to expand my belly! I weighed myself today (4 days po) and I'm down 4 lbs from my final weigh in before OR. Which means I technically lost 12 lbs haha

I think the one thing that I was stressed out about was trying to fit all of my Vitamins in during the day by following the rules. Making sure I don't take the Calcium and Iron within 1 hour of each other. Taking Protonix only once 1/2 before Breakfast. Carafate can't be used unless it's 1 hour before a meal or 2-3 hours after a meal and take at least 1 hour before or after iron/vitamins. WHEW! It was so overwhelming

liquid Carafate 2tsp 4x's day.

3- 500 mg calcium citrate pills a day

1- 40mg Protonix pill

1- Multi-Vitamin

1- 29mg Iron Pill w/ Vitamin C

I tried treadmill for the first time today and I think I may have overdone it - well the 3 lb weights in each hand was probably overkill for my first official workout. I have have to keep reminding myself to use my spirometer and expand my lungs fully, which I think will help tremendously. Looking forward to tomorrow...more treadmill time and more energy :)