Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My late night adventure....

Dody

Today this seems funny...last night at 2:00 a.m. it was anything but. My son-in-law was at work (he works nights) and my daughter and grandson were asleep, when my dog decided he needed one more trip outside. I obliged and took him only to find the door had somehow locked behind me....OH OH. I trudged barefoot around the house and banged on my daughter's bedroom window to no avail...no lights and me stumbling all over everything.

I finally gave up with the banging....she was sleeping like the dead, and trudged off with my little dog in tow on his retractable leash to the nearest neighbor that was about a mile away. Down through the pine trees, pine cones, and gravel we went..me barefoot nd cutting my feet with every step. Then the dog decided in the darkened forest he has to wizz again and tangled his leash up all around a pine tree...no flashlight and I couldn't see a thing. I couldn't get him entangled so had to leave him...scared to death because things were howling in the night. You have to remember this is the hills of Tennessee. I trudged on by myself for another half mile with my feet bleeding till I came to the neighbors who thank God had a light on. The mom was up feeding her new baby. Did I mention it started thundering and raining on my trip...yeh that was one more goodie. I was also soaked to the bone. The neighbor looked at me in horror and said "what are you doing out so late".....yeh like I go visit every morning at 2:00 a.m.

Needless to say she gave me shoes and a towel to dry off with and her hubby and I started off on the journiey home (couldn't use the car...I needed to find my dog on the trail). We finally found him, (petrified and whining from all the howling going on around him) got him untangled after about 1/2 hr. in the rain, and trudged the rest of the way home. Did I mention he had a HUGE flashlight. We get home and he proceeds to pound on my daughter's siding outside her window with this huge flashlight and suddenly the shade goes up and there is my daughter in her birthday suit looking very bewildered.....she gasps and drops to her knees so only her head is now visiable and says "Mom what are you doing outside at this hour"...DUH.

To make a long story short she puts on her robe, lets me in, thanks the neighbor who she flashed, and has the nerve to lecture me......too funny. I told her I couldn't wake her and had to go for help. She felt so bad..she even helped me clean my feet (I had to of course return the shoes). Thankfully no harm came to my little dog or me...........and now the question is Does this count as excercise? I trudged 2 miles and today the scales say I'm 2 lbs. lighter? Something good should have come from this adventure...darned dog it was all his fault, but I love him to death.

Just wanted to share my late night adventure with you to lighten up the mood here and tell you I TRULY EXERCISED, and today my feet and everything inbetween hurts really bad. :P Worse yet everytime I get the leash out to take the dog out to do his thing he backs away...poor thing has been traumatized :D

I'm sorry you went through that - but it was a great story. You brought a smile to my face! Can you say "key under the mat?" for next time?

Glad your nieghbors were able to help!

Now, the key under the mat would make good sense to anyone but my daugher, who is convinced some burgler is going to find us in the dead of night and rob us....no burgler could find this place. I told her that we could have a moonshine still out here and no one would ever know :P She truly lives deep in the woods, but don't be mistaken it was by choice and the home is gorgeous. It would make about 2 of my house. It is about 3500 sq. ft. and the scenery is gorgeous.

I'm going to get a key made this weekend and buy one of those thermometers you can hide a key in the bottom of if I can find one....if not one of those little figurines that the bottom flips open and you can put a key in, but guaranteed I won't let this happen again.

Woohoo, though the scales are down and for all my bruises every step is closer to the 195 I want by Christmas time....

Thank goodness it all ended ok. I bet your neighbor chuckled all the way home after being flashed! The weight loss was the least god could do after raining on you like that! Thanks for the smile

Awwww you poor baby I am so sorry you had to go through that but your are too funny. Your poor neighbor got flashed, I hope that wasn't a good thing, your poor daughter has exposed herself to a stranger. Your poor dog will never want to pee outside again. Oh yeah you darn skippy that was exercise, great job! Keep up the great work....LOL!

Why in Tennessee where it rains all the time do people not have garages? Beyond me. Why do people in Idaho have garages and it hardly ever rains...beats me? I have a key pad on my garage at home that lets me into the garage and I never lock the back door, so this couldn't happen at home. This is just a curious question by me. People in Tn buy sheds to store things...I use part of my 2 car garage to store things. I wonder what makes parts of the US so different. Just thinking out loud....

LOL...oh Dody...sorry to giggle but that's too funny! Maybe you should always carry a cell phone when out with the doggie? Or is your daughter like my husband....can sleep through the phone ringing??

Anyway----congrats on all that exercise!

ROFL!! I love this story. It totally sounds like something I would do. :P:D Thanks for a great laugh. I'm glad you made it through. And, you lost weight too!! BONUS! I bet you're tired today.

Did you ever think that maybe Your Higher Power was trying to tell you to exercise? That jaunt to the neighbor's and back definitely counts for exercise. The rain and thunder was just thrown in for effect. The poor dog was tired of all that walking and decided to wrap himself around the tree and just wait for you to return. The flash from your daughter to her neighbor was his reward for being a good samaritain.

Now that everything has been explained, what are you doing tonight for exercise and entertainment?

Thanks for the laugh. :P

Not sure what I could do to top this one...but I'm open for suggestions...Oh my poor feet. Worse yet I walked through something and my legs are itching like crazy..Oh No not poison ivy I hope. Please give me something that doesn't involve walking barefoot though.... :P

Yeh, I bet the neighbor is still smiling :D

LOL...oh Dody...sorry to giggle but that's too funny! Maybe you should always carry a cell phone when out with the doggie? Or is your daughter like my husband....can sleep through the phone ringing??

Anyway----congrats on all that exercise!

That is exactly what I was thinking. I also thought why not call from the neighbors to wake someone up to unlock the door before you got there? Well, at least you got home.