Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help... Gaining Weight Back

Increase your calories and one day a week eat something high in calories

How high should the calories be?

Good morning everyone, I woke up and weighed this morning and I'm back down to 264. I eat things I'm not supposed to eat like chips, pork cracklin, Doritos tacos etc because it stays down and it doesn't make my stomach hurt like fish and chicken. Does anyone else have this problem? I also haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. Just been so busy! But after today I will definitely be going back... Happy 4th everyone!!!

Good morning everyone' date=' I woke up and weighed this morning and I'm back down to 264. I eat things I'm not supposed to eat like chips, pork cracklin, Doritos tacos etc because it stays down and it doesn't make my stomach hurt like fish and chicken. Does anyone else have this problem? I also haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. Just been so busy! But after today I will definitely be going back... Happy 4th everyone!!![/quote']

Congrats.

I've had the same problem the past two weeks. Got down to 197 as my lowest, but slowly crept back up to 199 over the course of the week. All of a sudden, popped back on the scale and it said 201! I never wanted to be in the 200s ever again!

Funny thing is, after the 201 reading, I had a nightmare that I gained until I got to 248. It's not my highest weight, but I never want to go back! In my dream, I was wearing the clothes I can wear now, and they were ripping and falling off because they got too tight! It was horrid. :(

Luckily, I got back down to 199 again, though I'm hoping to get down to another low!

Edit: It's not my TOM either. I have been drinking TONS of Water (when it gets to over 105 degrees, you tend to get thirsty!) but haven't been eating much because I've been focused on work and school. Maybe that's why?

That's a NIGHTMARE!

I'm 7 weeks post - op and I thought I was at a stall until I hopped on the scale tonight and I'm up 3lbs. No Bueno! I blame me starting regular food. Although I hated it I did better with a limited amount of food I can eat.

I gotta shake this because it's messing with my head. I'm currently 408 starting weight was 448. Before gain I was 405 and excited to leave the 400's for good. Why can't I escape and get to the 300's?

Woke up this morning and was back at 405. Lost 3lbs in my sleep!! LOL I hope the stall is broken!!

You will flucuate regularly for a while-2-3 lbs I think this is normal but also I would not become a slave to the scale- many things to take into consideration, your exercise, your intake, your sodium, where youare with your monthly etc.. there are a lot of things to consider- I have always said when you hit a stall either change your diet and/or increase your activity to break the stall- 99.9% of the time it works.. Keep it up!

One thing a nutritionist once told me..it takes 3500 calories to either lose or gain a pound. So, if you know you aren't eating 3500 extra calories then relax its only Fluid or something like that!

You will flucuate regularly for a while-2-3 lbs I think this is normal but also I would not become a slave to the scale- many things to take into consideration' date=' your exercise, your intake, your sodium, where youare with your monthly etc.. there are a lot of things to consider- I have always said when you hit a stall either change your diet and/or increase your activity to break the stall- 99.9% of the time it works.. Keep it up![/quote']

Well, I'm six weeks out today, and still have only lost 22 lbs...I have been the same for the past two weeks. I have been swimming, eating the way I should and still can't shed the weight...any help would be great, maybe some menu's that other's are doing...I'm getting really frustrated....I should be down more by now!!

Sometimes it is just the retention of Water in the body that fluctuates. You are not gaining fat at that calorie level. Sometimes if we eat something that is salty - or for me asian food with soy sauce - it will show on the scale and I just have to patient and let my body release the Fluid. I have been a slow but steady loser, and my body even before surgery lost the same way, I would hold on to the excess weight for a week and then lose 2-5 all at once. Over and over, I can't rush the way my body loses, but overall I feel so much better 70 pounds lighter. Don't get overly concerned, just stay with what you are doing and it will happen.

This is so true. Weight fluctuates - You are doing awesome =) Don't worry they will be gone just as quick as they came.

Well' date=' I'm six weeks out today, and still have only lost 22 lbs...I have been the same for the past two weeks. I have been swimming, eating the way I should and still can't shed the weight...any help would be great, maybe some menu's that other's are doing...I'm getting really frustrated....I should be down more by now!![/quote']

ty, I guess I need to start writing what I eat and keep track of it. I did that before the sleeve, and right after my surgery. I won't give up, and thank you for the input. Every bit helps.

This is so true. Weight fluctuates - You are doing awesome =) Don't worry they will be gone just as quick as they came.

This gives me hope also, I know when I got weighed a couple of weeks ago, I did have 2 1/2 pds of Fluid. I'm sure the hot weather doesn't help. I won't give up, I have too many reasons to carry on, and I love life too much to give up on myself. It helps to know that I'm not the only one losing slow. I don't want to feel like a loser, I want to be a loser of the weight. My eyes still want what I can't have, and my mind, but my stomach says no. It's a whole new world for all of us, and it took years to become the person I was, over weight, and now it's going to take time to be something different, but what I use to be years ago, healthy and slim.

I just get so mad at how I let myself go. Year after year, after year. Rome wasn't built in a day, and so I can only do one minute, hr, day at a time. I love having the VST, it helps when others know exactly what you're talking about, and have been there. Thank you to all of you who have replied to my post. You have given me hope, and suppport when I have needed it most!! Thanks everyone!!