Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Normal Meal Size?

Hi there!

I am considering having the VSG procedure done and was curious as to what a typical meal looks like once starting to eat solids? Also, would love to hear a sample day from someone who is at least 6-12 months out.

Also, any advice or experiences (good, bad or ugly) you have had?

Thanks!

Sign up for myfitnesspal.com. There's a thread here with several members' screen names over there, so you can add them. Most people have their food diaries shared, meaning you can see exactly what tons of VST members are eating day by day.

I was 6 months out on 6/14 . For Breakfast I usually have an egg any style (but usually can't eat the whole thing)then a Jimmy Dean turkey sauage limk, 2 oz. of cottage cheese, and then about 1/4 cup of ruby red grapefruit sections from the jar. For lunch i have either 4 slices turkey deli meat divided in two and then 1/2 slice muenster cheese on each with mustard and a bread n butter stacker pickle on each. Or my other fave for lunch is StarKist sandwich ready albacore tuna pouch (3.5 oz.) on Wasa crispbread crackers (2 crackers, 1/2 of tuna on each) with 1/2 slice of meunster cheese on each put under broiler for a tuna melt. Or my third fave lunch is three turkey meatballs in with marinara sauce. For dinner I eat anything but try to stick to 4 oz. of the meat and then have a green veggie, but usually can't eat much after I eat the 4 oz. of Protein. You will need to focus on Protein first. I still have one rtd Protein Drink with at least 20g of protein every afternoon. I have a cheese stick or babybel lite cheese piece, or a handful of almonds for Snacks in the morning. Sometimes a rice cake with about a tsp of Peanut Butter. I drink Mio flavored Water all day when I am not eating

Basically you can eat anything you want, if your sleeve cooperates. I have never eaten anything my sleeve didn't like. You will probably be on 4 oz. max for awhile at a time and then you will be advanced to about 8 oz. cuz your tummy will take 12 weeks to heal. When you get to that point you it's trial and error of what you can and can't eat. I don't have any problems with going out to eat. Always find something. Don't want bread or Pasta anymore and don't even miss it. You will not be able to eat those anyway until tummy heals, cuz they have a tendency to expand. Hope this helps! You definitely won't regret it!

Thank you, SleeveDreamer! That is exactly what I was looking to understand. What a fabulous response. So glad you have had successful results and I am hoping for the same.

Hello I could do with some advice. I had gastric sleeve 16 weeks ago and am eating more and more all the time and it is worrying me.should i be feeling hunger at all? I want to eat all the time

I was 6 months out on 6/14 . For Breakfast I usually have an egg any style (but usually can't eat the whole thing)then a Jimmy Dean turkey sauage limk' date=' 2 oz. of cottage cheese, and then about 1/4 cup of ruby red grapefruit sections from the jar. For lunch i have either 4 slices turkey deli meat divided in two and then 1/2 slice muenster cheese on each with mustard and a bread n butter stacker pickle on each. Or my other fave for lunch is StarKist sandwich ready albacore tuna pouch (3.5 oz.) on Wasa crispbread crackers (2 crackers, 1/2 of tuna on each) with 1/2 slice of meunster cheese on each put under broiler for a tuna melt. Or my third fave lunch is three turkey meatballs in with marinara sauce. For dinner I eat anything but try to stick to 4 oz. of the meat and then have a green veggie, but usually can't eat much after I eat the 4 oz. of Protein. You will need to focus on Protein first. I still have one rtd Protein Drink with at least 20g of protein every afternoon. I have a cheese stick or babybel lite cheese piece, or a handful of almonds for Snacks in the morning. Sometimes a rice cake with about a tsp of Peanut Butter. I drink Mio flavored Water all day when I am not eating

Basically you can eat anything you want, if your sleeve cooperates. I have never eaten anything my sleeve didn't like. You will probably be on 4 oz. max for awhile at a time and then you will be advanced to about 8 oz. cuz your tummy will take 12 weeks to heal. When you get to that point you it's trial and error of what you can and can't eat. I don't have any problems with going out to eat. Always find something. Don't want bread or Pasta anymore and don't even miss it. You will not be able to eat those anyway until tummy heals, cuz they have a tendency to expand. Hope this helps! You definitely won't regret it![/quote']

I had surgery on July 2nd and have had ongoing hunger...Should I push it a little bit to know what full feels like? I have been very careful..I'm just worried that I will be the only person in this planet to not lose wt from the surgery lol.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hello I could do with some advice. I had gastric sleeve 16 weeks ago and am eating more and more all the time and it is worrying me.should i be feeling hunger at all? I want to eat all the time

Hi there!

I am considering having the VSG procedure done and was curious as to what a typical meal looks like once starting to eat solids? Also, would love to hear a sample day from someone who is at least 6-12 months out.

Also, any advice or experiences (good, bad or ugly) you have had?

Thanks!

I am 5 months out and I was told at a recent appt that I should never be eating more than 1/2 cup of ANYthing at one time, and to have that much 3 or 4 times a day. If you eat all you can hold, you may stall your weight loss, not to mention make your sleeve a little roomier. (it doesn't "stretch" per se, but the size does increase slightly over time)

I try to eat the same things every day:

Breakfast: Carbmaster yogurt with 1/4 cup Fiber One

mid morning: Protein shake after the gym

lunch: 4 oz tuna salad with light mayo

afternoon snack: a cheese stick and half a handful of Trader Joe sesame sticks

Dinner: One grilled chicken thigh and maybe a small veg.

evening: 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 3 tblsp. of low sugar fruit preserves.

That's a typical day for me. It does vary slightly from time to time.