Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I the past couple nights I am 6 days out I wake up at 3am starving. Last night I had 1/2 of a Protein Shake and went to bed today well I am still up... Anyone else having this?? I feel like I an a baby again....

Drink, drink , drink... That's what I did. And you are getting Protein @ the same time. I drank chicken broth @ 6 days out whenever I got hungry like that.

I had this happen for about two weeks. It was so weird. I would just get up and drink a half of a protien shake and it would go away. It happened maybe twice a night. I does go away. I really struggled with getting in my Protein and Water so I think that had a lot to do with it. My body just needed that to help it recover.

I had the same grumbling, the same groaning, the same wave & flips at night.

I have these same feelings when I eat too much, I get the same feeling when I have acid reflux, I have the same exact feeling when I am hungry and I have the same exact feeling when it was explained to me, that it's actually the stomach healing from the inside and outside.

When you cut your finger, you feel throbbing, it's a weird feeling, but it's part of the healing process. The brain sends messages along your nerve path. Your stomach healing is a lot of the croaks and groans and "hunger pains".

So next time you think you are having a hunger pain, drink some Water, did you take your PPI? Have you eaten recently, is it really hunger, or is it healing pain. If you just ate, then realize it's probably your full.

I'm 4 weeks out and the feeling is the same for all these things, so if it's in the middle of the night, you may need a something like a prilosec, pepsid or something before bed. Make sure you have Water on your night stand and when you wake up drink a few ounces.

Truthfully in the middle of the night, I always thought that my stomach was healing and gas was moving around.

The brain and the mind is a powerful tool, sometimes perception and how we see things is 1/2 the battle.

Good luck.

I am drinking 3 Protein shakes a day and eating 3 meals. I also am drinking Water. I feel like I never stop...

I'm 4 weeks out and I don't eat 3 meals or 3 Protein Shakes a day. Maybe you are overly full.

I can only get in one Protein shake a day, 1/2 sugar free pudding, 1/4 cup of Soup, about 8 ounces of Isopure, and 3 ounces of plain yogurt and some tea and maybe a few teaspoons of something else.

At 6 days out I was only allowed Clear liquids...I wasn't even allowed shakes. Gosh doctor's are different, I think it's time you speak to your nutritionist.

I am drinking 3 Protein shakes a day and eating 3 meals. I also am drinking Water. I feel like I never stop...

What are your 3 meals if you're only 6 days post op?

Have you tried drinking milk? 2 swallows fills me up like the Thanksgiving turkey.

2-3 oz of something puréed. Yesterday I had 1/2 scrambled egg, lunch I had 2 oz of a homemade mushroom Soup and 1 oz of yogurt an for dinner 2 oz of cream of aspagus soup that made. I don't think it is too much.....I think I am going to call my nurse today.

What kind of shakes are drinking? 6 days out I was still only allowed Clear Liquids, like sugar-free popsicles, clear broth, sugar free Jello.

I am not allowed pureed food until July 9th. I understand my Dr. is a lot more stricter about our stomach healing before food allowed in, but 3 shakes (if they are full shakes) are from 140 calories - 200 calories each - which is putting you at already close to 600 calories a day, and maybe more Protein, I think your stomach is not getting a chance to heal up before you putting so much in.

Are you able to get in 64 ounces of Water a day yet?

Could also be heartburn. Alot of people say that heartburn can feel like hunger after the surgery. I personally have a hard time wrapping my mind around that. But one day I was hungry when I knew I shouldn't be, so I ate a tums and the hunger went away. Now I'm not suggesting anyone start substituting tums for food, just suggesting you may not really need food.

The second week after surgery I went through somewhat of a "detox" situation. I was craving everything, even stuff I didn't eat prior to surgery, especially at night, it lasted about 2 weeks and I don't have it anymore, I still feel like I want to much at night, I was always a night time eater, but not nearly as bad as the beginning after surgery.

I'm sure It will pass. :)