Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mixed Feelings Surgery Aug 23

Ok I finally saw the dr and he agreed the band needeed to come out. Ok however he said if when he went in and removed th band if the foil didn't peel off then I wouldn't be able to get the sleeve. That at a later time I could get bypass. Told him I didn't want bypass. So now everything is set I was given a date of aug. 23 to remove band and get sleeve provideing all is good inside.

So now I feel how can I be happy and there's a chance I might wake up and have no sleeve. He said if the film doesn't peel. Off easy and it has to be forced he can bet id get a leak and he doesn't want that nor do I. I just feel unhappy. So all I can do is pray. Every1 say a prayer for me.

I'll be praying for you! I how all goes well.

Thank you

What film? I am actually very confused by this post as I am not familiar with this terminology.

My band was so encrusted in scar tissue that you couldn't actually see it in the "before" pictures. They had to cut away scar tissue. I waited 2.5months before being sleeved, but (thank you Lord!) have had no complications.

My only advice is to make sure that your surgeon has done LOTS of band to sleeve revisions, not only are you likely to have fewer complications, but you are also more likely to get your sleeve.

How my dr. Said when you remove the band there is some thing underneth the band that peels off he said if it doesn't come off easy its not gd to place a sleeve cuz its a greater chance of a leak cuz the stapes go where that peel off go.

I had my band for 7 years and was able to revise to at sleeve last month....did your band erode into your stomach?? What caused you to desire revision surgery??

I desired mines to be removed because I wasn't losing any weight with it....had it for 7 years and lost 40 pounds to gain it back again...then my weight started to creep up....

I honestly never heard of any film....I know my doc said I had lots of scar tissue because my band was so old....my procedure took 2 hrs, instead of the 45 min a typical sleeve procedure take...

If you dont understand or dont feel comfortable with him get a second opinion BEFORE having the procedure done...

@ pevette no it didn't do any thing I lose and gained some back. I haven't been able to get a fill since the band was placed. And I'm only able to eat soft things. If its dense I'll pb. That's y I'm band is being removed. As I stated before he said if when the band is removed if every thing is ok then the sleeve will be placed but, if not it won't.