Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My First Post Since Surgery On 02/29/2012

Hello VSG family, today is the first time I have been on here since my surgery back in February. The first six weeks was horrid for me. I was in so much pain I literally broke down crying at least twice wishing I had never done this to myself. I was so frustrated with the amount of pain that I was in that I did not even feel like posting any updates on the forum or going out. I did all my walking in the house or backyard. I had not been to church either and I was not happy about that at all. So, on this particular Sunday pain and all I made myself get up and go to church. After church was over my Pastor prayed for me and when I woke up the next morning all my pain was gone!!!! I know that was nothing but the Lord. I have not had any pain since or vomit not even once. I am still not sure why I have not been on here before now but I just had a urge to post my testimony that maybe this will help someone else.

As of 06/27/2012, (I only weigh in on Wed which is the day of my surgery) I am 17 wks post op and is feeling good and doing great. The first time I visited my surgeon about having the surgery I weighed 224.8 lbs which was on 12/06/11. On the day of surgery I weighed 204.8 lbs (I had to loose 10% of my excess body weight before surgery). My current weight now is 165 lbs. Since Dec I have lost 58.8 lbs and 39.6 lbs since surgery. I can honestly say that having the surgery was the best thing I could have done for myself. I no longer have to use my CPAP and I am now up and enjoying life, like I should be.

Thank you God for healing me and to my VSG family for reading.

Thank You for that post. I am having surgery on july 10. I am excited, but also feeling alittle nervous. One of my biggest concerns was not being able to go to church and all the pain. Reading your post was an encouragement.

Hi, sleeve twin! I also underwent surgery on Feb 29 and started off at 225 lbs. My pain was pretty bad at the beginning but didn't last nearly as long as yours did, and I still found it pretty hard to cope at first, so I can only imagine how hard the whole experience must have been for you. I'm so happy that you're doing well now, with no regrets - I feel the same way and wish you much continued success with your weight loss journey.