Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

THE GOOD, THE BAD and THE UGLY

When I get frustruated, it helps me to remember where I was, where I am going. I thought maybe some bandsters could share their experiences,

The GOOD (now), The BAD (pre-surgery) and THE UGLY (whatever).

Here's mine.

THE GOOD: Being able to walk from the grocery store to my car without being in tears from the pain and wondering if I'll make it!

THE BAD: Pre-surgery...going to a restaurant with friends and not being able to fit in the booth

The UGLY: A sister who is VERY negative about my surgery and has stopped talking to me.

THE GOOD: Knowing that I do have something in the closet that fits.

THE BAD: Having nothing in the closet that fits (except what I was wearing)

The UGLY: My friend telling me that I took the easy way out.

The good: Wearing a size 10, being 10lbs from goal and very confident, sexy and beautiful again

The bad: Feeling STARVNG and deprived on the liquid diet pre op and right after surgery before my 1st fill

The Ugly: A jealous sister that won't talk to me b/c I am doing something about my weight and now she is the fatter one again...:)

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/170/160

5'7''

The Good (GREAT): The improvement in my health and activity levels.

The Bad: Eating too fast or not chewing enough and suffering the consequences. The fill process and being patient until restriction is felt and maintained.

The Ugly: I haven't told anyone but 2 close friends so I can't answer this part.

The GOOD: The chance to live again.

The BAD: The fact that I'm not taking advantage of that opportunity.

The UGLY: Flappy skin (need I say more).

The good: Eating less than a normal serving of food and being full.

The bad: Itchy scars from surgery because I am allergic to the tape and staples

The ugly: A friend refuses to talk to me about our weight or diets or anything like that when we used to all the time.

The Good: Being able to get up from the floor after playing with my 2 year old

The Bad: Having to hear my son being punished in school for fighting after someone said his mother was fat.

The Ugly: No one listening to me when I said I wanted to keep this surgery personal. Everyone within a 30 mile radius knows I got the band!!!

The GOOD surgery date scheduled going to DO something about being fat

The BAD Cant tell my friends b/c they think WLS is cheating- probably jealousy in disguise!

The UGLY OH HO HO when they find out I did it anyway. And didnt want or need them for moral support!!

THE GOOD: Having energy to keep up with the housework, the laundry, the husbands crazy schedule and three active children!!!

THE BAD: All my clothes look baggy - I think oompa-loompa describes it best!!

THE UGLY: My best friend has not spoken to me since my surgery - I stopped to see her twice at work and she ignored me. She has no problem telling everyone my business as of late - but won't talk to me. I miss her terribly :cry and don't know what else to do. (we used to go out about every Friday night for Mommy time)

Tracy

The Good: Having baggy underwear. :clap2:

The Bad: I'm going to have to go with not fitting in a booth too. I hate having to ask for a table before being seated just to avoid the embarassment later.

The Ugly: Having been teased all through school for my weight & now looking back seeing I wasn't that big. :cry

The Good: The clothes I used to not be able to fit into, and have been hiding in the back of my closet, are now too baggy. And I can wear my husband's t-shirts.

The Bad: My hair is falling out

The Ugly: As I lose weight my apron seems to be getting longer and longer.

The Good: Buying smaller clothes and never wearing a 3X or 2X in anything again!

The Bad: Thinning hair and eating too fast resulting in my one and hopefully only PB.

The Ugly: Nasty insicion infection and when you run into people who know you had the surgery but heard it through gossip so they tell you how great you look, look you up and down but feel awkward about it.

It also makes me so incredibly sad that some of you have had your band affect your relationship with friends and family.

The Good: Its good Watching the scale moving down

The Bad: Having Self esteem issues..Depressed again

The Ugly: Having people tell me i took the easy way out

~Kristen

The Good: crossed my legs at a party!

The BAD: food spoils in the frig because I just don't eat that much anymore

The Ugly: Yes, its gotta be the flappy skin

Kristen: you said: the bad, self-esteem.

My opinion: YOU"VE done fantastic. It's hard work and you've put in the effort for over a year. Well done. I hope I can do as well as you. How can we support you?

Haven't thought about the GBU, but I'm amazed at some of the uglies I'm reading. Friends stopping being friends, people thinking you took the "easy way out". Until you've tried to lose the weight repeatedly, and failed, you may not know what a difficult decision having LB surgery was.

And as far as taking the "easy way out", how many of them have a gardener or a pool service? Have a boob job? Married for money?

Yeah, I thought so.