Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seconding Guessing Here @ The Last Minute...surgery On Saturday!

Left the bank a few hours ago with the cashiers check for my remaining balance, all of a sudden my emotions are all over the place, doubt that I can make my weight lost goal with yet another failed attempt, questioning the cost & generally just a little nervous about the life changing decision.....this concerns never seemed so strong or vivid until last night sometime....perhaps its because my flight leaves tomorrow morning @ 7am.

Do not talk yourself out of it - - think positive!!!! It'll be the best thing you've EVER done for yourself!!! Realize it's not a miracle, you DO have to follow your dr's orders and do your part on the Protein and Water and putting good stuff in instead of some slider junk that can still go down...BUT if you do your part and add some exercise YOU WILL BE AMAZED. I was just as nervous and anxious leading up to the days just before and even being wheeled into the surgery room. But I kept praying "Lord don't let me chicken out and Lord please protect me and help the surgeon be successful..." I am so thankful I did it and while I know you're completely serious about your nerves and anxiety, try to believe me that it'll all be okay and you'll be lookin' FINE in a matter of months.

Don't back out! I can only pray that I may be in your position when tax time rolls around!! My employer opted out of surgery coverage.You have a wonderful opportunity to better yourself and your quality of life. Please don't let last minute jitters change this decision you've made for yourself.

I'm getting closer and I wonder constantly. I wonder why not just follow the diet that sleevers do? Why not Follw the diet and continue to exercise. there are other ways to change your life without surgery. Phentermine and hcg and a 500-800 calorie diet or medi-fast plan with a gym membership will do the samething this surgery will. So why not do these? This is what I ask everyday. I also exercise 1 hour 5-6 times a week. I also don't want to give up alot of the foods I love! Its a hard decision and there is no putting the stomach back in. I am also tired of being overweight and worrying about the comorbidities that come with being overweight as well as the prejudices of being overweight. So what to do. Pray about it and ask for peace and guidance! Good luck and God bless!

This is a hard decision to make and you want to be really sure that this is what you wnat to do. Have you attended an in-person support group? I was nervous and scared more about something happening to me in surgery. If you are fearful that you are making the right decision than you may need to stop and think about it some more. While most of us have no problems afterwards it can be very difficult if you aren't emotionally ready for this or ready to give up the things you love. Think long and hard.

I'm glad I backed out 3 years ago ...of RNY though.

Had I backed out of sleeve I'd really want these last 3 years back.

Yes, it's a major decision but if you've done homework and have bounced up and down your whole life it's probably the best thing you can do. I love food, we all do here! But, I love how almost everyone says either their appetite for that stuff is gone, they eat a little of it (not pigging out which isn't healthy anyway) OR they're so happy with the loss that they no longer want to eat that way.

Imagine the freedom from being basically shackled to this stuff that is slowly killing us. I say all this for me too. I refuse to back out this time. I'm ready!

I also don't want to give up alot of the foods I love! Its a hard decision and there is no putting the stomach back in.

Who said you have to give up the foods you love? It takes awhile, but now at almost a year out, I eat anything and everything I want. Nothing is off limits. There are two major differences, though.

1. I cannot eat the massive quantity I used to, which is a good thing. Did I really need to eat the entire burrito? No. Now, I get to enjoy the flavor, feel full and enjoy leftovers tomorrow.
  2. I conscientiously make better decisions. Where I loved my Snickers before, I really have no desire to eat them now. Yes, there are other chocolate delights that I do enjoy, but the point is, many of the foods I loved before, which were not good choices, have no role in my life now. Sure, I could eat them, but I just don't want to. I've worked too hard to be where I am now and don't want to sabotage myself.

It's a good thing.

Fear is good. You should be questioning yourself and your motives. If you think you can do it without surgery, then go for it. But if you have exhausted those routes as I and many other have, VSG is a great tool to help you meet your personal goals.

Don't back out... I think we all had some last minute thoughts like you are having, but going through with it is the right thing to do. You've obviously researched it, you have thought about it and I'm sure you have failed many times like the rest of us on a regular diet. It's life altering...but in a GREAT way... I want to be healthy and I'm sure you do too. Best of luck with you surgery this weekend. I'm 100% happy with my decison to have it done and now 2 weeks post op don't regret my decision one bit.

I'm getting closer and I wonder constantly. I wonder why not just follow the diet that sleevers do? Why not Follw the diet and continue to exercise. there are other ways to change your life without surgery. Phentermine and hcg and a 500-800 calorie diet or medi-fast plan with a gym membership will do the samething this surgery will. So why not do these? This is what I ask everyday. I also exercise 1 hour 5-6 times a week. I also don't want to give up alot of the foods I love! Its a hard decision and there is no putting the stomach back in. I am also tired of being overweight and worrying about the comorbidities that come with being overweight as well as the prejudices of being overweight. So what to do. Pray about it and ask for peace and guidance! Good luck and God bless!

I asked myself this too. Self answered: "Yes u could do it. But it won't be permanent and the chances of u regaining it and continuing to yo-yo are very high." I feel like this is going to be the tool I needed to make it permanent.

I bet everyone here had doubt all the way up to the operating table.

I too had fantastic results and would recommend it to anyone. It changed my life and can change yours too.

I had my sleeve done on Tuesday and just got released and home today. I had tears on the day before surgery, more tears the morning of surgery, some in the recovery room and some more today. My emotions are all over the place.

However I know that I couldn't continue with the weight I was. The back pain and being uncomfortable in my own body. I am glad I had the surgery done and look forward to losing the weight and feeling great again :-)

I know where you are coming from I was freaking out at my egd test today and an gehring more and more nervous as monday gets closer and closer... But I have no other option I refuse to be fat any longer, i would rather be dead. So that solves my while fear of dieing on the table. Still kinda feel like I'm about to enter food prison, ie having no control over what goes in my stomach and releasing that control to my nut and my body.

But I'm going to do this and going to lose 300 pounds in my first year.

I can understand your fear and all I can say is this surgery is a miracle. I had it 2 years ago and it changed my life. My husband had it one year ago and it has changed his life too. The first few months are tough, the healing from surgery and head hunger can really cause strain, but sugar-free Popsicle and good support will help get you through. My husband was supportive of my surgery, but it wasn't until he had his surgery that he realized how difficult it was for me to be around him when he was eating like he was. We're both on the same page now and I always joke with him that I'm a cheap date. If we go out to eat we split a meal and usually bring home leftovers that he takes for lunch the next day. We've found it's much easier to eat at home and food no longer consumes our lives. My favorite saying is our food is now about quality not quantity. Good luck, you'll be so happy that you did it, I promise that you will.

I can understand your fear and all I can say is this surgery is a miracle. I had it 2 years ago and it changed my life. My husband had it one year ago and it has changed his life too. The first few months are tough' date=' the healing from surgery and head hunger can really cause strain, but sugar-free Popsicle and good support will help get you through. My husband was supportive of my surgery, but it wasn't until he had his surgery that he realized how difficult it was for me to be around him when he was eating like he was. We're both on the same page now and I always joke with him that I'm a cheap date. If we go out to eat we split a meal and usually bring home leftovers that he takes for lunch the next day. We've found it's much easier to eat at home and food no longer consumes our lives. My favorite saying is our food is now about quality not quantity. Good luck, you'll be so happy that you did it, I promise that you will.[/quote']

That's awesome thanks for the encouragement. I'm 28 hours from being sleeved kinds surreal.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using VST