Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does your doctor say about drinking coke?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What does your doctor say about drinking coke?

• No problem, drink it if you want to.
    • If you have to drink it, drink it flat.
    • Don't drink it at all, its bad for you.

first let me say I hate water! I was a 12 pack a day of diet Mt dew before the band and have one hell of a time kicking the habit. That is until The Quest of the perfect drink for banders.

I found the glorious Crystal Light fruit Punch flavor. This flavor is packed with flavor and when seriously chilled gives the smooth sensation that coke used to give me.

the other flavors of Crystal Light don't do it for me, only the Fruit Punch.

Give it a try and before you know it you will be off the carbonated drinks and actually taking in your recommended daily Water and more.

I still indulge in a diet 7up when my tummy gets upset. The FIZZIES has always been the only thing to cure it. I drink a very small glass and very slowly! I would not drink it eveyday.

Well, I tried a diet Pepsi last night and was able to drink it without difficultly, and boy did it taste good after a month and a half of no soft drinks, but... when I woke up this morning I was bloated and had gained a pound overnight!!! No more soft drinks for me!

As much as I would love too...I cant drink it anymore it gives me too much gas! and I become so bloated.

:(

I drank Diet Cokes before my lap-band and up until the day it was done. My surgeons, Dr. Keilin and Dr. Heicker (Texarkana, TX) said no carbonated anything for at least 1 year after surgery.:faint: I had the worst "caffeine withdrawal" headache for the first few days, but after that no problems. I won't lie to you tho - I just HAD to have a Diet Coke once since 9-13-06 - I got one at the local Sonic, over ice, and let it dilute some. Then I sipped on it - no problems! I've not have another one since then but I do still miss them. Now it's tea and Crystal Light.

Guest amanda.slominsk

my doctor said the caffine was what he did not want his patients to have. he said carbonation was ok...im a carbonated flavored water addict...in replacement of a diet coke addiction!!!

My drink of death is mountain dew:faint: I have it all the time. I will miss it badly. I've been a Dew girl for 30 years.:help: I should ween myself off it I know.

Julie

My Doc said that it will fill you up and cause discomfort.. the nutritionist said that too.. (the whole balloon thing).. They said it won't stretch the pouch (cuz it flows thru) and wont erode the band but your tummy would fill up with gas and make you uncomfy..

I do have diet soda from time to time.. but not all the time.. I love crystal light!

My Dr. says no to the carbonation, but if you have to drink it flat. I have made a personal choice not to drink carbonated drinks, not worth the risk or pain. I dont like diet drinks so i will stick with Water or iced tea no sugar of course

Why risk it? I'm happy to have kicked my Diet Coke addiction when I got banded. I'm not switching to Crystal Light or other chemical drinks either. Might as well get as healthy as I can on this journey. So it's Water with lemon and er, the occasional Starbucks 150 calorie frappacino light as a splurge.

Wow... okay... i never had an addiction to soda/pop... I have been drinking either propel or crystal light. It does the trick for me. Sometimes I even get the Diet Arizona green tea! IT wonderful!

My Nurse tells me that I can no longer drink Diet Dr Pepper, because "diet pop is known to increase hunger because of the artifical sweetners". I think this is B S personally. But i have given up my beloved diet dr p for the most part. Ive also heard something about it streching the pouch. So I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry! I still have one a few times a week though. Which is way less than i use to drink it! I have not had any problems at all drinking it either!