Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have Multiple Sclerosis I wondered if I could have the surgery. From what I was told I wouldn't have any problem & my neurologist would have to give me the ok. Talked to my Neuro & he thought it was a good idea for his patient & said there shouldn't be any issues. I have been DX for 2yrs. I'm current stable. I do have concerns that I will have a flare up after surgery' date=' it's a risk with any surgery & a autoimmune disorder. There is the option of putting the fibro or whatever autoimmune disorder on the back burner (hush hush) until after surgery. DX these type disorders can take mths or yrs & u don't want ur surgery put off till then. Also don't rush the DX or fibro. DRs told me it basically means they don't know. There maybe another autoimmune disorder that hasn't fully shown itself. Sorry for the book! Lol![/quote']

No it cool lol and I am thinking the same thing you know. They dont need to know till afterwards. I just think and it maybe closed minded in my thinking but I feel losing weight just makes things better all around it may not be a fix all but it sure is an help all.

Hi Everyone! I'm in Dallas and I get sleeved this Tuesday by Dr. Davidson! I just got back from the store and picked up all the last couple little things that I need post-surgery. I can't believe my day is almost here!

Hi there! Dr Davidson is my Dr too. Waiting for aporoval from UHC. He removed my gall bladder, which went great. I really like him. Good luck to you!!!!

Im from DFW... McKinney to be exact. Dr Davidson will be doing my surgery. I can' t wait!!!!!

No it cool lol and I am thinking the same thing you know. They dont need to know till afterwards. I just think and it maybe closed minded in my thinking but I feel losing weight just makes things better all around it may not be a fix all but it sure is an help all.

I don't agree. I have auto-immune issues with pain. The surgeon needed to know so he could help keep any pain from flares under control. Also, many insurance companies approve faster and w/o making you jump thru as many hoops if you have what's called a comorbtality. (I didn't spell that correctly.) But basically a disease that weight loss would improve from.

Also, it's just not safe for you to go under the knife and your care team not know everything about your health.

Good luck!

I don't agree. I have auto-immune issues with pain. The surgeon needed to know so he could help keep any pain from flares under control. Also, many insurance companies approve faster and w/o making you jump thru as many hoops if you have what's called a comorbtality. (I didn't spell that correctly.) But basically a disease that weight loss would improve from.

Also, it's just not safe for you to go under the knife and your care team not know everything about your health.

Good luck!

Wow.. couldn't agree more. None of us woke up over weight and the surgery is going to take a while to get approved, scheduled, etc and then it still takes a while and lots of work for the weight to come off. You should definitely be telling your doc everything.

I don't agree. I have auto-immune issues with pain. The surgeon needed to know so he could help keep any pain from flares under control. Also' date=' many insurance companies approve faster and w/o making you jump thru as many hoops if you have what's called a comorbtality. (I didn't spell that correctly.) But basically a disease that weight loss would improve from.

Good luck![/quote']

I do plan on letting my doctor know but right now my pcp is still trying to rule things out. There is nothing to tell. But I am a need to know kind of person and its ip to my discretion. Thats all

Hey ya'll! I'm from Overton.... Not far from Tyler, TX. Had my surgery in Houston and my doc is Dr. Cliffton Thomas.

Hey everyone!! I'm in East TX. Live in Longview, work in Tyler! Dr Robert McKinney!! I just had my first appt with him 10/10 and he said that I'm a perfect VSG candidate!! I'm very excited! My insurance says wait 6 months, so, now I begin my journey to surgery!! So excited!

Jaime

That's really good for you I hope time fly's by. I am waiting on my psychiatric evaluation on Tuesday then they will submit on Wednesday. I am hoping all goes well said I should be able to have done this year. I must say all this waiting is driving me crazy being so close. Good luck to you.

Hey everyone!! I'm in East TX. Live in Longview' date=' work in Tyler! Dr Robert McKinney!! I just had my first appt with him 10/10 and he said that I'm a perfect VSG candidate!! I'm very excited! My insurance says wait 6 months, so, now I begin my journey to surgery!! So excited!

Jaime[/quote']

I'm in Longview at least once a week! I've got my family there. :D

Congratulations on your appointment. The 6 months will fly by. Good luck!

That's really good for you I hope time fly's by. I am waiting on my psychiatric evaluation on Tuesday then they will submit on Wednesday. I am hoping all goes well said I should be able to have done this year. I must say all this waiting is driving me crazy being so close. Good luck to you.

It'll fly by. It seems like its inching along now but you'll look back & realize how fast it really went. Good luck. :D

Greater Houston area, Missouri City to be exact. I haven't received my date yet but I am currently seeing Dr. Erik Wilson @ UT Physicians and I can't wait to get sleeved

Well we submitted Thursday Nov 1 now for the waiting game.

I got approved yeah for me