Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Shape Changes

I'ma major "pear". I easily wear 2 sizes smaller on top. As my surgeon's PSYCHOLOGIST (of all people) put it: If you don't mind me saying, you're quite nice and trim in through your neck, shoulders and upper body, and then kind of go all over the place in your hips. Thanks, Doc!

My tummy actually (with the sleeve, so far) has been one of the first things to go. I'm a lot droopier now. I know this because my bellybutton has gone from a slight frowny face to an upside-down V.

My upper butt tends to be the last thing to go, and so far that's true this time as well. I still have my "butt shelf" and if pants fit me tightly, that's where it's going to be. Last weekend my mom pointed to my right saddlebag (I have those too, I'm so lucky) and told me, "That's alonst gone now!" I guess the left one is still there.

So I tend to lose: face/upperchest/clavicle (my boobs stay the same, which is small - no changes there so far) first. Then I'd say tummy, followed by the weird places like my hands and knees. Back fat is starting to subside too. Then hips, then butt.

In about 40 more lbs I should start to see some proportion, but I think I will always be "hippy".

Has anyone else changed from a pear to an apple shapewise?

I guess my short-form answer is no. I've gone from big pear to little pear. Or big pear to sock full of quarters. But no apple. Fortunately my hip:waist ratio has always remained in my favor.

I don't think my shape has changed significantly, I probably looked like an apple before as I carried most the weight around my middle. Now I am starting to see an hourglass, which is what I have always wanted. I still carry weight in my boobs( woot woot happy for it to stay there) and in my lower belly...which I can't seem to move.

Yes. I was hip and thigh-heavy. Had a terrible time getting pants to fit the fullness under a relatively small waist.

Now, my butt is flat and my thighs are thin. And I have a protruding gut. Dang it.

Early 20's, I was a lovely curvy hourglass. Highest weight, a serious apple--broad across the butt, but it never had "oomph" or shape--and my belly was horrendous, kind of moving in a big curve from the top of my thighs to underneath the girls--at my heaviest, my belly was the first thing to enter a room (and I have BIG girls and big feet, so that's saying something serious).

Now, minus 120-odd pounds, back to my hourglass, not so slender through the mid-section and actually not that wildly curvy. I was disappointed to find that my waist and hips aren't that far apart, although everything is a lot smaller now--I require a really great bra, as well (poor deflated girls!). My biggest pet peeve area is definitely my front view--saggy girls plus droopy/oddly bumpy belly--does anyone else have strange bumps and weird pooches along the front of their abdomen? If I stretch with my hands over my head, it looks pretty good, but when I relax--YOWZA.

But you know what? I'll take this in a New York heartbeat when compared to pre-surgery!!

I am pre surgery, but found that as I aged, I went from an hourglass to an apple. I have also had several stomach surgeries so feel that some of this is lack of muscle use. My trainer and nutritionist both insist that the weight goes evenly and comes off evenly, but women spend more time walking than doing crunches, so you see improvement in those areas first.

Keep the faith, as you continue to work your diet and exercise, you will lose the belly fat, it's just being stubborn.

Early 20's' date=' I was a lovely curvy hourglass. Highest weight, a serious apple--broad across the butt, but it never had "oomph" or shape--and my belly was horrendous, kind of moving in a big curve from the top of my thighs to underneath the girls--at my heaviest, my belly was the first thing to enter a room (and I have BIG girls and big feet, so that's saying something serious).

Now, minus 120-odd pounds, back to my hourglass, not so slender through the mid-section and actually not that wildly curvy. I was disappointed to find that my waist and hips aren't that far apart, although everything is a lot smaller now--I require a really great bra, as well (poor deflated girls!). My biggest pet peeve area is definitely my front view--saggy girls plus droopy/oddly bumpy belly--does anyone else have strange bumps and weird pooches along the front of their abdomen? If I stretch with my hands over my head, it looks pretty good, but when I relax--YOWZA.

But you know what? I'll take this in a New York heartbeat when compared to pre-surgery!![/quote']

I suppose walking around with hands over head is just too much ;) ?

I suppose walking around with hands over head is just too much ;) ?

Sadly, I agree--LOL!!! But I have a new appreciation for why those bombshell girls of the early film era used to pose like that--everything perks up! And then you put your arms down--yeah.... Oh, well. :rolleyes:

What I have noticed is that I am the same shape as I was before just a mini version of it. I have kept my thunder thighs and big butt, lol

What I have noticed is that I am the same shape as I was before just a mini version of it. I have kept my thunder thighs and big butt, lol

I'm doing oddly well in those two areas, but my tummy... argh, my tummy!!! :)