Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Frustrated!

Well everything came to an abrupt halt today. When the surgeons office chked with Ins..they got the go ahead. So, I went through all the pre stuff, consult, nut, psych, having tubes shoved up my nose and misrouted...thousands in medical bills for my OOP only to be told my employer opted to cover everything UP TIL surgery. They opted out actual surgery coverage. Really?? How did that part get ommitted from the info provided?? Im so angry, frustrated, and now so in debt for nothing. Sorry, just had to vent.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I can understand your frustration when you thought it was covered. But all may not be lost ...

When I researched VSG and checked insurance coverage, mine was the same. Covered everything up to the surgery ... nothing post-op, either. Blood tests, EKG, blah, blah, blahs ... covered.

So, I had that all done and then went to Las Vegas (Baby!) for self pay surgery. Cost me $10,400 for the procedure and probably another $400 in extraneous expenses, but it is worth it. I took a second on the house to pay for it and just about have it paid off. One consolation to self pay is that you do get add a portion of the expenses to your deductions come tax time.

Whole lotta threads on that topic on here.

Again, I'm sorry to hear this, but it doesn't mean you can't still have it done. All is not lost ... just more $$ than you thought it would be.

Hi so so sorry. Hang in there tho. My ins doesnt cover surgeon and or asst surgeon fees so I was sad to have to pay all that too.

PDx, thanks. I appreciate the positive feedback. You're very inspiring with your posts and blog. Im going to try to fight it, but ya know ..a snowballs chance in Hades. Im a single parent, just bought the house a year ago, so large cash in my world is about like finding that little leprechaun at the end of the rainbow. Some things just aren't meant to be. Keep up the awesome work. You're amazing.

Thanks rdo,

Let me tell you ... I have been able to pay down my loan so much in part due to the savings since being sleeved. My food bill is less, medical expenses are less ... This surgery will pay for itself.

My food bill is less.

hmmmm, you said a mouthful ;)

dh and i always went out to eat, always (he needs to lose weight too) :angry:

Any reason any time we went out to eat. It could have been tuesday at 2:27, we would Celebrate and go out. groundhogs day , 2nd thursday of the month

We don't go out anymore, so yes, we are saving tons of money :lol:

Rdoatv - In all honesty - i a do wish you didn't have to deal with these financial problems. Its too bad that all insurances do not cover the sleeve yet - it will happen - later than sooner :(

good luck

kathy

Kathy,

Thank you. My insurance does. One of the easier actually. Anthem bcbs, its my employer who chose to cover everything except the actual surgery to save us 1-3% in premiums..the company self funds. But they will "revisit it in October for next year as they have the past 3 years"....oh goody. Lol then I get to redo this mess all over again. Nope. If I lose this fight, Ill be done.

Kathy' date='

Thank you. My insurance does. One of the easier actually. Anthem bcbs, its my employer who chose to cover everything except the actual surgery to save us 1-3% in premiums..the company self funds. But they will "revisit it in October for next year as they have the past 3 years"....oh goody. Lol then I get to redo this mess all over again. Nope. If I lose this fight, Ill be done.[/quote']

By then, maybe you can save a few dollars (I know... Easier said than done) and try the Mexico option. I have really been impressed with the information on Mexico. I have decided that if I am denied, that's where I'm going!

I went to Mexico to have my surgery and it wonderful! They treated me with class and respect. The cost was 5000.00 flat nothing else.

I recommend Dr. Garcia at Obesity international solutions great staff clean hospit.

I recommend Dr. Garcia at Obesity international solutions great staff clean hospit.

When was your surgery and how much have you lost?

Well everything came to an abrupt halt today. When the surgeons office chked with Ins..they got the go ahead. So' date=' I went through all the pre stuff, consult, nut, psych, having tubes shoved up my nose and misrouted...thousands in medical bills for my OOP only to be told my employer opted to cover everything UP TIL surgery. They opted out actual surgery coverage. Really?? How did that part get ommitted from the info provided?? Im so angry, frustrated, and now so in debt for nothing. Sorry, just had to vent.[/quote']

I saw on this forum that someone called their state insurance commissioner and ended up approved. I would do the same!

Robin, thats one possibility to explore thank you. By the time I pay my part for all those now useless tests, I could have been on my way to Mexico. Rolleyes...

Robin' date=' thats one possibility to explore thank you. By the time I pay my part for all those now useless tests, I could have been on my way to Mexico. Rolleyes...

[/quote']

Dont think of them as useless, your doctor gave you the green light and now no matter where you do the surgery you know you were cleared.

I understand your frustration though.