Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Chaffing

im still pre op but went for an hour walk today.....wow i have horrible chaffing in the crease of each leg. I live in Texas and it gets hot here. what kind of underwear and clothing should I wear to prevent chaffing in such a hot humid climit??

Well, I put body powder on. That seems to help me. Not sure about underwear or other items. I currently have the Gold Bond body powder because it has a nice smell-not a medicated stink.

Wishing you wellness!!

Sannah

I use a cornstarch based powder on areas that chafe. I also try to make sure that anything touching my skin is cotton, socks, undies, etc., especially when I'm working out and know I'll be sweating.

I work at a sportings goods store and in the exercise equipment section we sell something called monkey butt powder for that specific reason - to help with chafing hen exercising or working out. Hope this helps!!

Monistat also makes an anti-chafing gel that I have used in the past, and it is great. I bought it at Walmart.< /p>

I've been training for my first triathlon. Triathletes are very prone to chaffing. You can use an anti-chaffing product such as Body Glide. It comes in a stick like deodorant and you but it wherever you need it!!!....and it works GREAT!!!!

Monistat also makes an anti-chafing gel that I have used in the past' date=' and it is great. I bought it at Walmart.[/quote']

I love love love this stuff and I couldn't work 1 day without it. (I do a lot of walking at work). There are several types of powder gel but I like the Monistat Chafing relief powder gel best!

thanks everyone!!! :)

I love Caldesene Baby Powder. Corn starch powders never worked for me and this was the only powder to keep my skin from rubbing together and stave off wetness and odors. It wont rub off like some powders do because It has zinc oxide in it as well. It is amazing stuff..I hope you try it..I think you will love it! I use it every day!! I never have a problem with rubbing anymore! Well and fifty pounds gone never hurts either!

post-25141-13813659004741_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture! It's sold in Walmart in my area in the baby section

Little of this will be new info, but corn starch or powders (I prefer Mexsana) will work.

I have a large, droopy pannus. My skin gets very red/raw/itchy from the skin-to-skin contact. Each morning out of the shower, after I dry, as I'm putting on deodorant I lift my pannus and apply a swipe where my pannus "fold" begins... from side to side (just like a huge smile). I've been doing this for a few years and the only time my skin chafing/contact bothers me is when I forget to apply it.

I assume by crease you mean where the thigh adjoins the hip, and not somewhere like the backs of your knees? (Because I probably wouldn't apply powder to the backs of my knees :) )

As for fabrics, cottom or fabrics designed to "wick away" moisture. But since that's where the panty leg band is (assuming you did mean hip/thigh), and most bands/elastic aren't cotton, I'd say look for panties that have cotton covered bands. I know Hanes Her Way has a few styles that do this.