Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery In The Morning And I'm Not Ready!

It's normal to feel that way. Get out of bed' date=' get your bags packed, find your favorite song and play it, I had my favorite song playing in my head from the time I got up the morning of surgery and it played in my head after I woke up and that was the Theme from Sanford & Son. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks out for me and I had complications, I have Lupus, I got an infected drain, and I still hear Sanford & Son Theme song playing in my head. It's worth it. I still hurt a bit, if I think I have to fart, I head for the bathroom, I still can't lay on my side, I have gone 27 days without eating solid food, and I'd do it again. Get up and get motivated.[/quote']

MinaT: I'm curious about you having lupus and the surgery. I gave lupus too, and I'm hoping this may help with some of my symptoms. I qualified for insurance To cover the surgery because of it, but don't know much about how it will impact of improve my quality of life. If you have any insight, I'd love to hear it. My surgery will be in the next month, but I don't have a date yet.

Where in Dallas? I'm tomorrow as well at Baylor. I'm not sure why but I'm very calm today. I've done all my chores and to do's. About to watch movie with hub. Sipping chicken broth and waiting for ducolax to kick in. Good luck. remember tomorrow is "the first day of the rest of our lives."

I have surgery tomorrow too. And like you I'm extremely calm. Is everyone suppose to be taking.laxatives? No one told me anything...

- Chrissy

No laxatives for me, but EVERY dr. is different, so that would be your source to find out if you do or not.

Having Surgery at Doctors Hospital in Dallas... I'm feeling much calmer now. My husband took the kids out so, I could be alone and get myself together. My doctor didn't advise me to take a laxative either, but I took one just for the heck of it!

Thanks again for everyone's word of encouragements!

Where in Dallas? I'm tomorrow as well at Baylor. I'm not sure why but I'm very calm today. I've done all my chores and to do's. About to watch movie with hub. Sipping chicken broth and waiting for ducolax to kick in. Good luck. remember tomorrow is "the first day of the rest of our lives."

Slim12, I see your surgeon is Dr. Kuhn. i'll be using him as well. I hope you check back in with us after your surgery to let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Absolutely. When is your surgery?

Surgery for me is scheduled for June 20....3 days away. Today, I am excited......well, I am now. I was more apprehensive a couple of hours ago. I think we'd be fools if we didn't stop and recognize what we are doing.

But I would be a bigger fool to back out now. I've spent 20 years being fat, failing at one diet/exercise/program and then another!! The smart thing is to trust the research we've done, the medical team we've picked.........and move on to the next phase!!!!

Yeah us!!! Keep us posted with how things go!!!

Absolutely. When is your surgery?

Probably mid August.

I only found out two days ago that my surgery got approved and will be July 31st, also in Dallas but will be at Forest Park Medical Center. I got so nervous after the call that I started planning my day before in my head. I can only imagine what it will be like when the time gets closer. Good luck to you and have the faith that you will do wonderfully.

I am planning mine for August and was searching to see if my nervousness and worrying about my decision making process was normal. I know it is, I see it everyday in my job. I think this will help us. Most people can lose weight. However, keeping it off is even harder, I think. I also think this is the tool to help keep it off! Good luck and GOD BLESS! Just Remember the most DANGEROUS part of your Surgery is the car ride to the Center. The STATS prove it!

Wannabe, my surgery is tomorrow too! I'm very nervous but excited too. I have decided that when I'm scared tomorrow, I'm going to think about you going through the same thing as me! We can do this!

I'm alive!!!! LOL...Surgery went great, had alot of pain and gas but other than that I'm fine. Still in the hospital, should be going home tonight! Thanks again to everyone for the reassurance!

Yay!! Good for you! I am so happy to hear it went well and you are going home. The first several days were tough "eating" and drinking wise for me, but now I am two weeks out and it is getting much better. Take it easy, get up and walk as much as you can, even if it's only to the mailbox and back. It will make you feel better quicker. Looking forward to hearing your progress!

Surgery for me is scheduled for June 20....3 days away. Today' date=' I am excited......well, I am now. I was more apprehensive a couple of hours ago. I think we'd be fools if we didn't stop and recognize what we are doing.

But I would be a bigger fool to back out now. I've spent 20 years being fat, failing at one diet/exercise/program and then another!! The smart thing is to trust the research we've done, the medical team we've picked.........and move on to the next phase!!!!

Yeah us!!! Keep us posted with how things go!!![/quote']

Good luck tomorrow. Prayers coming ur way.

I'm alive!!!! LOL...Surgery went great' date=' had alot of pain and gas but other than that I'm fine. Still in the hospital, should be going home tonight! Thanks again to everyone for the reassurance![/quote']

I am so glad to hear that your surgery went well :) i have the worries as my surgery date approaches.