Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm almost 2 weeks out from surgery. Today, I purchased liquid multipurpose Vitamins because I didn't care for the chewable form I currently have. Guess I should have read the label more carefully because I'm guessing there must have been quite of bit of sugar in the liquid. No sooner did I take my dose that all of a sudden I got flushed all over, began hyperventilating, and suddenly became horrible nauseated and started to throw up (nothing came up). My heart was also racing. Scared the crap out of both me and my husband!! I'm guessing that this is dumping... something I don't want to repeat!

I'm almost 2 weeks out from surgery. Today' date=' I purchased liquid multipurpose Vitamins because I didn't care for the chewable form I currently have. Guess I should have read the label more carefully because I'm guessing there must have been quite of bit of sugar in the liquid. No sooner did I take my dose that all of a sudden I got flushed all over, began hyperventilating, and suddenly became horrible nauseated and started to throw up (nothing came up). My heart was also racing. Scared the crap out of both me and my husband!! I'm guessing that this is dumping... something I don't want to repeat![/quote']

Sounds like you were dumping to me. Ive had it happen to me too. Its awful.

This happened to me after I took liquid children's tylenol, grape flavor, after surgery. I swear it was pure Syrup. Not even 15 minutes after I had taken it, I had a severe hot flash (and it was winter!) and felt swelled up. Had to rush to the bathroom...

I don't think I want to experience this! I wonder if it's forever triggered by sugar...

I didn't know VSGers can dump? :o

I'm sure it happens in some people, but that was the only time it happened to me. I didn't take that tylenol anymore after that so I don't know if it'd still affect me in the same way. I'm guessing that it wouldn't, because I have healed since then (I was VERY sick the first month after surgery due to complications) and am now about 7 months post-op. I don't have problem with sugar. ;) I know it's best to limit sugar, especially in the first stages after surgery. I'm guessing that if you ever do get dumping syndrome, it happens then.

I never experienced that from sugar and that's not a good thing. I almost wish I did because sugar doesn't bother me at all. In fact sometimes I crave candy! It almost masked me wish I went with bypass so I would be afraid to eat it! I don't remember craving candy like this before!

Try Gummy Vitamins hardly any sugar goes right down

I didn't know VSGers can dump? :o

Yup. We can dump. Usually sugar induced, but for me it's rich-foods induced. When I was still in the clear liquid phase I tried straining Progesso chicken Soup just for its broth and holy man did I get SCK! Sweating, chills, nausea. Sugars only bothered me a little bit very early on (didn't try any until around 4 weeks post) but now a s long as I eat a good meal first either I don't want that sweet treat anymore or I only have room for a few, satisfying bites.

Yup. We can dump. Usually sugar induced, but for me it's rich-foods induced. When I was still in the clear liquid phase I tried straining Progesso chicken Soup just for its broth and holy man did I get SCK! Sweating, chills, nausea. Sugars only bothered me a little bit very early on (didn't try any until around 4 weeks post) but now a s long as I eat a good meal first either I don't want that sweet treat anymore or I only have room for a few, satisfying bites.

Oh that's kind of scary. I start pureed next week and I sure hope this doesn't happen as I try other food. All you need is one experience with it and then you pray it doesn't happen again.

We sure can dump, from what my doctor and NUT told me although I was surprised too. They told me if we get too much concentrated fat or concentrated sugar in our bodies, then we'll find out just what dumping is.

Oh that's kind of scary. I start pureed next week and I sure hope this doesn't happen as I try other food. All you need is one experience with it and then you pray it doesn't happen again.

My only advice is to not hurry yourself through your food phases. Or as you are advancing stick with boring or bland foods In the end it helps you to only eat when you are hungry and to not over eat because you aren't very excited about your food. To be gentler to my system I just used Ramon Noodle seasoning packets (through away he noodles) for my Soup. I truly believe moving slowly through the food phases helped, almost cured, my head hunger! The progression my doc had me on was slower than most. Couldn't even have fish or eggs or cottage cheese until week 8. At times I just wanted to advance anyway since it looked like everyone else did and tolerated the foods just fine, but I made a commitment to my doc's plan and I'm so glad I did.

I seem to get dumping all the time lately. It's my bodies way of saying I'm full I think. I was sleeved 3/16 from the band. I just found out I am pregnant as well so I'm really not sure which one it is dumping or if everything i eat makes me sick :/