Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Are The Incisions Sore? It Hurts To Wear Clothes!

I was sleeved June 12th and find that I walk hunched over a bit and v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. Pants hurt because I'm still sore... How long before you could wear clothes comfortably and walk without a hunch?

Probably a week or so. I did much better if I held my stomach up when walking around. I wore capris that had elastic around the waist if I had to go out & just wore my nightgown around the house. Some people have talked about an abdominal binder that they got at the hospital or bought that helped. One friend asked if I would do better with one of those pregnancy belts that holds your tummy more, but I didn't bother. I just put pressure on my tummy when walking around & held it up some so it didn't pull the incisions as much.

I was sleeved on June 4th and I wear nightgowns and no underwear. When i went to the doctors I wore granny panties low and the biggest pair of pants I could find.

Today is the first time I tried wearing regular pj's bottoms and top. when I sit I roll it down and let my tummy hang out. I had a drain for 9 days on the left side and the lupus went crazy and the drain site is infected.

Do your best to walk and lift your chest up and try not to get into the habit of sitting crunched up, but if you have to walk hunched, you do whatever it takes to make yourself feel better. I wore only my softest nightgowns without any sort of buttons. I am trying the pants and shirt for the day, but you bet your bottom dollar tonight I'm going to put a nightgown on, because it's all about comfort right now. You are only a few days out from surgery, I'm June 4th and still hurt. Some people heal slower, and I'm sending prayers you start hurting less too.

DOnt mess up your posture...I agree with the others, if you need to hold your stomach as you move around...I'm fortunate that my doc made his cuts above my waist line so I wear me PJs fine....just try not to wear anything fitting your waist...like yoga pants...

My surgery was the 12th also. I've been lounging mostly around the house and wearing my comfy pants under my belly and away from my incisions. I've gone out a few times and worn elastic band shorts and they seem to be okay. I have one incision that is so high it sits right about where my bra does! Thankfully, I'm able to scoot my bra up a bit so it doesn't directly rest on that ouchie. Do you have one that is that high?

I think that the more you walk, the better. I did quite a bit of walking at my local mall today and even shopped at Target for a while. It helped to push a cart while I walked. I'm looking forward to laying low most of tomorrow, though. I don't want to overdo it.

I hope that each day you are feeling better! Congrats on your sleeve!

I have one right under where my bra would be - I wear sports bras and lately I haven't bothered. I really wish I was well enough to go for a real walk, but when I start walking too much I usually have to go potty and it's usually a split decision - do I run upstairs or downstairs and oh my gosh will I make it in time lol :)

How many incisions? I'm hearing 5 small holes yet I've seen some pics where there is a larger incision in the middle of the tummy with a drain.

Hi have 5 smallish incisions with 1-3 staples per incision. I don't have any drains.

I put on pants about five days after surgery. Elastic waste pants I exercise in so fairly loose around the waste. I was walking hunched over too but then I tried holding a small pillow to my stomach when walking, and it also helped getting in/out of bed and up/down sitting. I had one very small incision up by my bra line. My doc said it's where they went in to fix the hietal hernia. I did'nt put a BA on until my one week post-op appt and took it off as soon as I got home. I lived in nightgowns for a week plus some.

I wore an abdominal wrap.<---you cant really find them in the stores as i got it while i was in the hospital. Something like a slimming camisole that they sell at Walmart might help alot so that your pants arent directly on your stomach. I didnt attempt jeans until i was two weeks out; and i put on my wrap just for added comfort. Attempt different clothes when you feel comfortable dont push it.