Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do You Appear... Young Or Old?

Since you have lost weight do you feel you look younger or older?

Have you noticed more wrinkles appearing on your face?

Several people say I have aged since my weight loss surgery. Maybe it is the fullness of our face that makes us look like we have a baby face.

I even had a gentleman say my head appeared smaller.

Then there is the question how you lost a shoe size or bra size? After 80 pds I still wear the same shoe size and wear the same bra size.

These are questions I am pondering and would like your input.

I used to have flawless skin - 40lbs lighter I now have wrinkles. I'm losing from the top down - wearing a smaller bra size, shirt size, finally pant and shoe size. The shoe size thing is very frustrating.

Several people say I have aged since my weight loss surgery.

PreciousCargo

People can be so ignorant, making stupid, insensitive, remarks and or questions.

"your head appears smaller" Are you kidding me?

Some people honestly might think they are not saying anything wrong - unbelievable.

now if one of "us" sleevers asked questions like this amongst ourselves, thats one thing, no problem, interesting discussion.

but for others to come up to us and make certain comments/questions, even if they are supposedly well intentioned, well I don't think thats approppriate (i still make as many spelling errors as before WLS) :lol:

BTW I at 58 years young, i don't have any more wrinkles than before WLS, but i don't have any less either, :D

As far as looking younger - feeling healthier and happier - you bet your bottom lb. i do :D

kathy

I have not had the surgery yet, but my uncle had gastric bypass a year ago, and it looks like he aged a good 10 years. I think it's because usually our faces and neck are so plump and chubby and kind if "inflated," that after surgery everything tends to sag, droop, or wrinkle. My aunt, on the other hand, is in her early 40's and had the sleeve a year ago and she looks like her 21 year old daughter and her friends! I guess it depends, really.

I have not had the surgery yet' date=' but my uncle had gastric bypass a year ago, and it looks like he aged a good 10 years. I think it's because usually our faces and neck are so plump and chubby and kind if "inflated," that after surgery everything tends to sag, droop, or wrinkle. My aunt, on the other hand, is in her early 40's and had the sleeve a year ago and she looks like her 21 year old daughter and her friends! I guess it depends, really.[/quote']

How did your aunt do since her sleeve? Did she lose a lot? Have any issues? Just curious as my doc gave me a few days but then I gotta pick bypass our sleeve...please help!!7

How did your aunt do since her sleeve? Did she lose a lot? Have any issues? Just curious as my doc gave me a few days but then I gotta pick bypass our sleeve...please help!!7

My aunt lost 100 in a year, and she's dropping clothes sizes like crazy!! She's doing so great! My uncle on the other hand with his gastric bypass is alright. He lost more than 100 in a year, is no longer diabetic, works out 5 days a week, but suffers a lot due to the poor absorption of vitamins/minerals. So far, my aunt has had no complications with the sleeve, but my uncle has been in the hospital numerous times since his gastric bypass surgery. Good luck!!!

my doc gave me a few days but then I gotta pick bypass our sleeve...please help!!7

Girlfriend,

IMO if your insurance covers the sleeve - then go for the sleeve.

If your dr. & insurance needs an immediate response i say chose the sleeve. it will work great for you as a great tool in losing your excess baggage.

good luck

kathy

I have lost 44 pounds so far, but look much younger now. The bangs help a bit

Im 44 years old and people trip when they meet my 25 year old daughter, they also are blown away when they find out I have two grandsons, 6 and 3. They always say" you don't look like my Grandma" LOL! I must say... I do have to thank my Dad's side of the family for youthful skin.

My Grandma who passed at 89, 3 years ago, had almost no wrinkles(scary) with no plastic surgery either! My Daddie, will be 73 next week has no wrinkles either!! He came to my work the other day and brought me flowers( he's so proud of my efforts) people thought he was my boyfriend, Ha! Genetics does have a part in it, plus I do not smoke or drink. That tends to age folks!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST