Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved by Dr. Kelly on June 27th!! I'm a little scared and hoping to contact others who will be there the same time as me. I'm not exactly alone, my 19 year old daughter is coming with me. We haven't traveled much and are pretty sheltered where we are from. Although we are excited to spend some time together it's scary not knowing anybody!!! We will be arriving June 27 and leaving July 2.

Hi Jennifer, not being sleeved on the same date as you unfortunately. I was already sleeved on May 10th by Dr Kelly.

But wanted to reassure you that if you don't find someone with the same dates, you will be fine. Dr Kelly & his team will look after you so well.

I have a blog if you want to check it out: http://njsharonjourney.blogspot.com/

Thank you Sharon! I'm heading to your blog right now! But I have one question. Is it safe to leave the hotel on our own and explore?

Thank you for sharing your journey Sharon. Looks like I'm headed for a smooth ride! I can't help but worry, the thought of something happening and leaving my husband with 5 little kids at home without a mother is nagging at me. Did you feel like this and how did you deal with it?

Jennifer that will depend on how comfortable YOU are with it. My husband is with me (sleeved on the 14th!!) and he wandered all over, ate at several different places, etc. but we've been here before and he's a big guy! You aren't gonna really feel like going out much till you are almost ready to leave anyway, and Omar will take you anywhere you want to go!

Omar sounds like an angel! How does it work? Do you ask him to take you where you want to go? This process is so different than in the states. I hate to ask for anything in a hosp. everyone is always so busy and impersonal. This Mexico situation seems so very different.

Yes, Omar & Cecy will take you anywhere you want to go. I just told them the only thing I really wanted to do was get a souviner for my girls to bring back. So they took me to this market area where I found something for them, as well as a bag for me! Then I mentioned maybe some Mexican candy for my girls too, so they took me to a supermarket which was great. Found something I knew my girls would love.

They asked me if I wanted to go to the beach, so we went to the beach too.

So if there is somewhere you want to go or something you want/need to buy, just ask them & they will take you, no problem!

It is very different in MX, they are so personal & like family to you!

I'm June28! I'll fly in June27 at 4pm from DFW area. My SO is coming with me, and we are paying the hotel to stay a few extra days (until July 4). We don't have kids at home, and we took a few extra days off work to relax while we are there.